!OFFICIAL! Duality of Humanity !ANTICIPATION THREAD!

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
brintoul
Giant

Re:

Post by brintoul »

truthiness wrote:I say they should do free shipping on this print as a "courtesy". They could make it $40 with free shipping and nobody would be the wiser.
Indeed. That would waaay help out the flipper profit margin!
Posse

Re: Re:

Post by *devo* »

Molotov Man wrote:
Bobak wrote:There is nothing wrong with asking and, frankly, expecting better service from their online store. He is not god, we are not children. I don't know what the equivalent would be for a real-life store, but it would certainly not have the lame rationalizations given here (and thankfully not by anyone who runs their store). Should customers not have basic expectations for any store? It's unacceptable for any business, period.

With that said, I'm satisfied that they're willing to post an apology (which they have on both days); and inform customers who emailed that it wasn't going to happen. I hope they sort this out on their end because it sounds like they're frustrated too.
1. that is bs: Shepard is God.

2. If you don't like the system, don't try and get a print. People have been complaining about the system (I for one) right after, Bayonettes and Chinese Soldiers 2 dropped.

3. people are still going to b1tch about something. You can have the expectation of the store running better but, if you don't get a print...It wasn't good enough.

Get real here.

You must admit that b1tching because you don't get a print and b1tching because OG couldn't get the print to drop for 3 days are different. I've done both and my complaints at not getting a print can easily be dismissed.. that's the fun of the pursuit right?
Bobak
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Bobak »

Molotov Man wrote:
Bobak wrote:There is nothing wrong with asking and, frankly, expecting better service from their online store. He is not god, we are not children. I don't know what the equivalent would be for a real-life store, but it would certainly not have the lame rationalizations given here (and thankfully not by anyone who runs their store). Should customers not have basic expectations for any store? It's unacceptable for any business, period.

With that said, I'm satisfied that they're willing to post an apology (which they have on both days); and inform customers who emailed that it wasn't going to happen. I hope they sort this out on their end because it sounds like they're frustrated too.

2. If you don't like the system, don't try and get a print. People have been complaining about the system (I for one) right after, Bayonettes and Chinese Soldiers 2 dropped.

3. people are still going to b1tch about something. You can have the expectation of the store running better but, if you don't get a print...It wasn't good enough.

Get real here.
My position is how the real world works --at least with legitimate business.

On 2: So you have complained about the system since for X amount of time, yet you contend that people who complain about not liking the system automatically should try to buy one. Right...

3: If you're tired of reading complaints, maybe you need to stop reading the thread?

Regardless, since the OG site has posted apologies, that undercuts the arguments of people who ironically "complain about the complainers". Its as real as it gets.

Clearly the three day (and counting?) wait isn't making anyone happy.
Molotov Man
Black Book Gallery

Post by Molotov Man »

Bobak wrote:
Molotov Man wrote:

Get real here.
My position is how the real world works --at least with legitimate business.

On 2: So you have complained about the system since for X amount of time, yet you contend that people who complain about not liking the system automatically should try to buy one. Right...

3: If you're tired of reading complaints, maybe you need to stop reading the thread?

Regardless, since the OG site has posted apologies, that undercuts the arguments of people who ironically "complain about the complainers". Its as real as it gets.

Clearly the three day (and counting?) wait isn't making anyone happy.
Keeping it real.......Good.

on your 2.. No, i've realized that I choose to put my self through he!!, no one is forcing me.

on your 3.. I wish i could stop reading, but like getting this print, it's kind of like crack.

I really don't think i was "complaning about the complainers" I was stating that: Demanding anything from OG/Shepard is a waste of time.

I love you, thanks for being my forum friend today :D

Peace

MM
telexian
Swindler

Re: !OFFICIAL! Duality of Humanity !ANTICIPATION THREAD!

Post by telexian »

is it significant that it now says "Duality of Humanity 1 ?" are there going to by other colors/themes?
thentherewasone
Giant

Post by thentherewasone »

telexian wrote:is it significant that it now says "Duality of Humanity 1 ?" are there going to by other colors/themes?
I believe that was mentioned at some point earlier in the thread. I'de imagine that their will be a series
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

telexian wrote:is it significant that it now says "Duality of Humanity 1 ?" are there going to by other colors/themes?

go to page one and start reading :twisted:
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

Post by blazedoutbee »

obbi wrote:
blazedoutbee wrote:
Johnster0228 wrote:I didnt see the new delay posted on OG. I saw the one from the other day but not this new delay posting....

I don't see it either.

This is the new one ... the old post referenced 7/17 which this one does not do... they just left the original post date.

Thank you can you enlighten me to where the preview section is? Thanks.
guppy
Posse

Post by guppy »

Email I just got back from them:

Me:What are the chances of the print being released today?
Obeygiant:slight
brintoul
Giant

Post by brintoul »

I think I'll send 'em another email. Just to check.
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

feels weird to spend the evening away from this forum , after 2 days all together :lol:
saintjordan
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by saintjordan »

truthiness wrote:I say they should do free shipping on this print as a "courtesy". They could make it $40 with free shipping and nobody would be the wiser.
Because saving $5 is gonna make everybody say "Now I can afford the co-pay on my xanax prescription! Thanks Shep!"
I dont think so :shock:
Employ Cognitive Dissidence

"Why would solar power make him sick? Is he a republican?" -Michael J. Caboose
Molotov Man
Black Book Gallery

Re:

Post by Molotov Man »

brintoul wrote:I think I'll send 'em another email. Just to check.
Tell them they should get a new server :lol:
brintoul
Giant

Post by brintoul »

Molotov Man wrote:
brintoul wrote:I think I'll send 'em another email. Just to check.
Tell them they should get a new server :lol:
Right, right. Good idea.
Carbon-Based Wastage

Re:

Post by Gigantico »

hercylicious wrote:feels weird to spend the evening away from this forum , after 2 days all together :lol:
Welcome back, we missed you! :P
jshea
Propaganda Engineer

Post by jshea »

I got the Hope print on a red hot Friday night. Not that I enjoy spending weekend nights in front of a computer ...
Bobak
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Bobak »

Molotov Man wrote: I love you, thanks for being my forum friend today :D

Peace

MM
;)
Bobak
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Bobak »

So who was it who asked, back in the 20s, what the over/under on this page going 40 pages would be?

Can I still place a bet? :)

I think the question is now: what is the over/under on this thread going a cool 100 pages?
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

it has had the "1" there since the beginning. nothing new.
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
highoctane
Swindler

Re:

Post by highoctane »

truthiness wrote:considering today looks unlikely, do you think we're looking at Saturday or sometime next week for this to drop?
I hope it's not tomorrow---that will be a day spent at Coney Island for the annual Siren Festival.
skoola
Giant

Post by skoola »

Bobak wrote:So who was it who asked, back in the 20s, what the over/under on this page going 40 pages would be?

Can I still place a bet? :)

I think the question is now: what is the over/under on this thread going a cool 100 pages?

i think this thread will def give the peace bomber thread a run
messboogs
Propaganda Engineer

Post by messboogs »

gotta be cold stupid to announce a release date and time. Random drop is the only way to go now.
highoctane
Swindler

Re:

Post by highoctane »

messboogs wrote:gotta be cold stupid to announce a release date and time. Random drop is the only way to go now.
Yeah, because that worked so well with the latest Josh Keyes print!
comiconart
Propaganda Engineer

Post by comiconart »

I think the "over/under" on this thread going 100 pages...is 100?!?

That being said...HI!

Long time lurker, seldom poster...
password
Giant

Post by password »

comiconart wrote:I think the "over/under" on this thread going 100 pages...is 100?!?
:lol: