!OFFICIAL! Duality of Humanity !ANTICIPATION THREAD!

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
whynot1
Posse

Re: !OFFICIAL! Duality of Humanity !ANTICIPATION THREAD!

Post by whynot1 »

analogtrash wrote:So I finally was able to pick this guy up, #2330.....Im just dreading/wondering: Is there a chance of me getting refunded if I got the paypal confirmation and the Obey confirmation? How soon after the drop do they typically refund? I'm sweating my BAlls off!!! :oops: :oops: Play it cool. 8)
If you have 3 astericks (***) next to the product/item on your paypal receipt you may be getting refunded.
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
telexian
Swindler

Post by telexian »

i spent at least thirty hours of undivided attention refreshing pages.
if i hadn't got the print, i would give up on buying off OG forever. i don't ever want to experience this again. i almost want to cry just thinking about the chance of not getting it.
star e nite
Punk

Post by star e nite »

influence wrote:
humdingertv wrote:I don't have time in my life for this BS system anymore.
I'm monumentally annoyed.
I can't see myself going after another print for a long, long time.

It kind of makes me want to sell off my collection.
This is normal during the addiction process. You'll end up coming back next week and then the next week after. I have Obey Awareness sessions (est. in 2006) on Wednesday nights if you're around Los Angeles. There are about 14 of us that sit in a circle and share our F5 experiences. We discuss together how it has effected our personal lives by means of money, relationship, and health. Feel free to stop by.
:lol: Funny but so true. Missing a print that I tried really hard for only makes me more determined for next time. Just so I don't feel really awful, were there alot of people who also tried and failed miserably or just a few?? Is there anyone who put 3 days into this and didn't get it? I only spend like a day and a half on it.
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

whynot1 wrote:
analogtrash wrote:So I finally was able to pick this guy up, #2330.....Im just dreading/wondering: Is there a chance of me getting refunded if I got the paypal confirmation and the Obey confirmation? How soon after the drop do they typically refund? I'm sweating my BAlls off!!! :oops: :oops: Play it cool. 8)
If you have 3 astericks (***) next to the product/item on your paypal receipt you may be getting refunded.
Are you talking the OG receipt or the actual PayPal receipt?
Last edited by truthiness on Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

star e nite wrote:
influence wrote:

This is normal during the addiction process. You'll end up coming back next week and then the next week after. I have Obey Awareness sessions (est. in 2006) on Wednesday nights if you're around Los Angeles. There are about 14 of us that sit in a circle and share our F5 experiences. We discuss together how it has effected our personal lives by means of money, relationship, and health. Feel free to stop by.
:lol: Funny but so true. Missing a print that I tried really hard for only makes me more determined for next time. Just so I don't feel really awful, were there alot of people who also tried and failed miserably or just a few?? Is there anyone who put 3 days into this and didn't get it? I only spend like a day and a half on it.
Agreed... After I had RTV in my cart and then lost it made me want this one even more.
Last edited by truthiness on Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

I honestly have no clue how I scored that print. I was stuck in the shipping loop then I started loading the links that were posted here and I got 4 email confirms.

Sorry to the coupla folks that I tried to get one for...I tried after I got my confirm, but it sold out before I got to paypal.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

thestash wrote:Any theory on your order time/# relating to the print number you get. (mods please split if wrong thread to ask)
there is absolutely no correlation between your order number or order time and the print number you get... it's all random, plus some prints are held back to be sold at subliminal and other places like ducky's and arkitip. the order number itself is just a continual order count for the shopping cart system, there are never two order numbers a like - and there shouldn't be.
star e nite
Punk

Post by star e nite »

truthiness wrote:
star e nite wrote:
influence wrote:

Agreed... After I had RTV in my cart and then lost it made me want this that much more.
And I thought quitting cigarettes was hard. This is like crack! :lol:
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re:

Post by admonkey »

suninyoureyes wrote:why can't it be yours once it's in your cart.....it used to be that way....then at least I know that spending an hour through paypal, checkout and submit order isn't wasted time!!!!!!!!
It's never been that way.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

DunDun wrote:I honestly have no clue how I scored that print.
i honestly believe that most people who scored it have no idea how they did it... with this current cart system it's just complete luck. i was trying to get back from paypal and was watching the URL changes, then was able to select my shipping when it crashed and for some reason brought me back to the cart page and wanted me to go back to paypal. so i just reloaded one of the urls that i saw coming back from paypal the first time and eventually got through. the confirmation page tried to load but timed out, i knew that since it was trying to load the confirmation page then that meant the order went through and checked my email and there were my confirmation emails.

i was hoping that an edition of 450 would be enough to meet the demand of the people here on thegiant but apparently it wasn't even close.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

i find it amusing that the "solution" that obey found to sell this print until they can beef up the cart system was using the EXACT same cart system that has failed the last three days.

well hopefully now they are taking the site and ecommerce more serious now, i can't get much worse then it's been.
Raggadrop
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Raggadrop »

fribhey wrote:
I have an idea why I got this print and others. All legit, nothing special. Probably some luck, as well. This one was weird as the print disappeared from the cart, which never happens.
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

If anyone wants a Laguna Juxtapoz print instead I have one for trade......................?
(you choose the colourway)

Thanks!
when it snows in your nose you catch cold in your brain
doc biz
Punk

Post by doc biz »

didnt get it
dont know when it finally got released.
all i know is obey giant handles this sales more unprofessionally than any other system / company I've ever dealt with.
get your garbage together you dickbags
Raggadrop
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Raggadrop »

Wonder what DoH#2 is going to be like both in appearance & ordering-wise.
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Re:

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

Raggadrop wrote:Wonder what DoH#2 is going to be like both in appearance & ordering-wise.

I reckon the same picture but the soldiers looking the other way :D
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re:

Post by admonkey »

doc biz wrote:get your garbage together you dickbags
Why don't you send them an email telling them that, in just that way, and see how far you get. I would imagine you'll get just as far doing that as you will pretending to be a big shot talking that way here as if you were talking to them.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re:

Post by conartstudio »

doc biz wrote:didnt get it
dont know when it finally got released.
all i know is obey giant handles this sales more unprofessionally than any other system / company I've ever dealt with.
get your garbage together you dickbags
spoken like a little brat who is stomping your feet because mommy and daddy wouldn't buy you the toy you want.... grow up.

oh, and welcome to the forum.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: Re:

Post by conartstudio »

admonkey wrote:
doc biz wrote:get your garbage together you dickbags
Why don't you send them an email telling them that, in just that way, and see how far you get. I would imagine you'll get just as far doing that as you will pretending to be a big shot talking that way here as if you were talking to them.
seriously, it's a well known fact that if you miss out on a print and send a nasty email to obey then they will send you a free print... but that will only work if you specifically call them "dickbags" in the email. if you call anything other then that, like poopyhead, then they will just send you sticker or maybe a tissue

:)
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

fribhey wrote:
i honestly believe that most people who scored it have no idea how they did it... with this current cart system it's just complete luck. i was trying to get back from paypal and was watching the URL changes, then was able to select my shipping when it crashed and for some reason brought me back to the cart page and wanted me to go back to paypal. so i just reloaded one of the urls that i saw coming back from paypal the first time and eventually got through. the confirmation page tried to load but timed out, i knew that since it was trying to load the confirmation page then that meant the order went through and checked my email and there were my confirmation emails.

i was hoping that an edition of 450 would be enough to meet the demand of the people here on thegiant but apparently it wasn't even close.
same exact experience... once the paypal page sent the token back to OG, I assumed it would recognize that payment was initiated and that the next =checkout screen would take me to the confirmation page, which it ultimately did. I had even hit the back button a few times to 'reinitiate' the token transaction, but in the end, just sticking with that =checkout refresh did the trick.
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

http://obeygiant.com/store/payment/ps_p ... Xxxxxxxxxx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you kept submitting one of these?
when it snows in your nose you catch cold in your brain
doc biz
Punk

Post by doc biz »

Ok,
I've been purchasing off his site for over a year,
I've been lingering on these boards for a while but never say anything,
So what, I'm venting a little bit on this board, the reason being cus I can't vent to obey or anywhere else, it will do me no good. Yea I'm doing a little whining but isn't it justified? I believe I wasn't the only 1 who has been F5ing for 3 days straight and having the pressure of snagging this print nag me.
What should I say? "wow what a great experience, I hope the next print takes 3 days of waiting to get again!"
NO, I'm a litle frustrated thats all.
I've been reading this thread since it started and seen all the complaints about the garbage-like cart system and why do they use this process and so on, so I don't see why you guys get bitchy with me when I make a general comment about this all being horrible, which you HAVE TO admit it is, unless you enjoy sitting around 3 days. In all honesty, even if I got it I'd still have room to complain, 3 days after the original release date is still 3 days after the release date.

And thanks for the welcome
strangeloop
Swindler

Post by strangeloop »

for some reason, IE6 was much more responsive than Firefox 3.

ps - got one!
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

When a company decides to have an online store they should be
concerned about user experience.
Obviously Obey fails in this category. I doubt they have even
tested out the system during a drop. So, they are clueless.

If they are going to keep the old system up, they should just
tell people it will be the same experience, so people know what to expect.
Join in on the fun, or don't.
Rather than saying it will be fixed or the problems have been resolved.
It's all about managing expectations.
truthiness
Giant

Re:

Post by truthiness »

stickee wrote:http://obeygiant.com/store/payment/ps_p ... Xxxxxxxxxx

you kept submitting one of these?
when I couldn't get the =checkout page to load, I'd reload that token link in an attempt to get back to the =checkout page. Logic being that maybe I could reinitiate a fresh checkout page... not saying that is the reason why I got the print, but that's what I was doing while my heart was beating out of my chest. :lol: I was probably just putting my whole cart at huge risk, but it seemed like the right thing to do at the time.
Last edited by truthiness on Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.