!OFFICIAL! Duality of Humanity !ANTICIPATION THREAD!

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
Catarax
Swindler

Re: !OFFICIAL! Duality of Humanity !ANTICIPATION THREAD!

Post by Catarax »

admonkey wrote:
Catarax wrote:i don't flip, mainly a collector... i'll sell but only in desperate times... if anyone cares..
I'm 99% sure that last post wasn't directed at you. Welcome.
i was just making a statement... i knew he wasn't talking about me..
Satisfaction is the Death of Desire...
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

admonkey wrote:
robotoil wrote:Would that be the same filing cabinet with the super secret archive?
No, different cabinet. The super secret archive is too stuffed with rare prints to load anything else in... at least until Shepard decides to flood the market around the time of your retirement. ;)
By then, the presence of the extra "Gas Mask" on bamboo will have substantially increased the Shepard Fairey collector base to the point where a handful of extra prints will be insignificant. :lol:
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

someone on ebeans said they just traded there sunsets for this print plus 100 bucks :shock:
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

jwoods103 wrote:someone on ebeans said they just traded there sunsets for this print plus 100 bucks :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

slidingaround wrote:
jwoods103 wrote:someone on ebeans said they just traded there sunsets for this print plus 100 bucks :shock:
Well if you bought sunsets from Obey directly, you got duality for like $140. Soooo... yeah. Why not?
*devo*
Posse

Post by *devo* »

djsp wrote:
slidingaround wrote:
Well if you bought sunsets from Obey directly, you got duality for like $140. Soooo... yeah. Why not?
When you think of it like that it's not bad...but most collectors think of a print in terms of what it fetches on the secondary market. Sunsets is consistently $400 to $600, while Duality 1 may or may not stay in this range. The trade is surprising to me because I thought Duality was best of '08, not best of any Obey (and Sunsets is one of the best in my opinion). The 3 day release created a lot of hype. We'll see if it lasts.

With that said, anyone dying to see Duality 2? I can't wait!
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

*devo* wrote:
djsp wrote:
slidingaround wrote:
When you think of it like that it's not bad...but most collectors think of a print in terms of what it fetches on the secondary market. Sunsets is consistently $400 to $600, while Duality 1 may or may not stay in this range. The trade is surprising to me because I thought Duality was best of '08, not best of any Obey (and Sunsets is one of the best in my opinion). The 3 day release created a lot of hype. We'll see if it lasts.
We will have to agree to disagree then, I never found sunsets very appealing. And I guess I am not most collectors then, either. But to each his own. :mrgreen:
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

to clarify the one guy traded sunsets and the other duality plus 100. I like sunsets a lot and I am starting to like this print more and more. I guess its all on what style you value more and what ISO's are available

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Raggadrop
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Raggadrop »

TheOmethod wrote:There is a list, have you noticed that the number on your tube matches the number inside. That all gets matched up to you! There is a filing cabinet full of "lists"
It is like an Egyptian riddle...Everyone hides their numbers and the only way OBEY could find out who flips is by getting the number off of the flipped print. So tell me how they match these up to create a banned list? The VeRO (eBAY) policy sounds a little more plausible. Still cannot imagine he implementation challenges associated with collating and enforcing a banned buyers list.

Best way to end flipping is to not buy flipped prints.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

Raggadrop wrote:Best way to end flipping is to not buy flipped prints.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fG1tNO0_Pk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

Raggadrop wrote:
TheOmethod wrote:There is a list, have you noticed that the number on your tube matches the number inside. That all gets matched up to you! There is a filing cabinet full of "lists"
It is like an Egyptian riddle...Everyone hides their numbers and the only way OBEY could find out who flips is by getting the number off of the flipped print. So tell me how they match these up to create a banned list? The VeRO (eBAY) policy sounds a little more plausible. Still cannot imagine he implementation challenges associated with collating and enforcing a banned buyers list.

Best way to end flipping is to not buy flipped prints.

pretty easy. It is not that hard to figure out. Just put it this way, if the ebay buyer is disgruntled because he/she had to pay 10x what they could've paid from OG, she/he will have no problem providing the sellers info to OG for future reference.

I know it sucks, but it happens.
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
Raggadrop
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Raggadrop »

circa77 wrote:
pretty easy. It is not that hard to figure out. Just put it this way, if the ebay buyer is disgruntled because he/she had to pay 10x what they could've paid from OG, she/he will have no problem providing the sellers info to OG for future reference.

That violates eBAY policy, though. eBAY can work with SNO if they believe someone is illegitimately selling their items or fraudulently selling their intellectual property in someway. They cannot approach buyers and ask for those details. Besides, depends on how quickly do eBAY sellers ship (to match the numbers to the id).
Raggadrop
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Raggadrop »

;
Last edited by Raggadrop on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Re:

Post by Gigantico »

Raggadrop wrote:IF there is a list. Add this guy to it: http://dirtypilot.myshopify.com/product ... f-humanity" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No, they are an authorized re-seller. How much was it BTW?
rhombus_77
Giant

Re:

Post by rhombus_77 »

Raggadrop wrote:IF there is a list. Add this guy to it: http://dirtypilot.myshopify.com/product ... f-humanity" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sold out.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re:

Post by admonkey »

Raggadrop wrote:IF there is a list.
You can believe there's a list or not; I'm not really concerned, but I'd be willing to pit my knowledge against your theory in a "battle for a free bottle of tequila" whenever you'd like. ;) :lol:
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
djsp
Giant

Re:

Post by djsp »

Come on man, get your facts straight before posting cr@p like this. Dirty Pilot is a legit group.
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

anyone know how much it was?

circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

Raggadrop wrote:
circa77 wrote:

That violates eBAY policy, though. eBAY can work with SNO if they believe someone is illegitimately selling their items or fraudulently selling their intellectual property in someway. They cannot approach buyers and ask for those details. Besides, depends on how quickly do eBAY sellers ship (to match the numbers to the id).

You've got it wrong. They do not approach buyers. Oh, and there is a list. This I know for a fact.
guppy
Posse

Post by guppy »

analogtrash wrote:So I finally was able to pick this guy up, #2330.....Im just dreading/wondering: Is there a chance of me getting refunded if I got the paypal confirmation and the Obey confirmation? How soon after the drop do they typically refund? I'm sweating my BAlls off!!! :oops: :oops: Play it cool. 8)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0247394924" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think there is a chance for you to be refunded now?
Raggadrop
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Raggadrop »

;
Last edited by Raggadrop on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

guppy wrote:
analogtrash wrote:So I finally was able to pick this guy up, #2330.....Im just dreading/wondering: Is there a chance of me getting refunded if I got the paypal confirmation and the Obey confirmation? How soon after the drop do they typically refund? I'm sweating my BAlls off!!! :oops: :oops: Play it cool. 8)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0247394924" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Analog should be able to confirm there is a list pretty soon.
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

Gigantico wrote:
guppy wrote:

busted. dude you need to cover your trail better than that!
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

circa77 wrote:
Gigantico wrote:
guppy wrote:

pwned. "I'm totally sweatin' it because this print means a lot to me and I really want it. To flip for a quick profit of course."
Last edited by cybernigel on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
*devo*
Posse

Post by *devo* »

cybernigel wrote:
circa77 wrote:
Gigantico wrote:
guppy wrote:

pwned. "I'm totally sweatin' it because this print means a lot to me and really want it. To flip for a quick profit of course."
BAN?