Obey ice cream truck?

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
elixirone
Punk

Obey ice cream truck?

Post by elixirone »

Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php ... ck#p140364" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can see the other side of it in this thread. I think its the same truck anyway the pattern of the paster wrapping around the passenger side front corner looks similar.
"Think about it: Andre drank 119 beers in six hours. Thats a beer every three minutes, non-stop. That's beyond epic. It's beyond the ken of mortal men. It's god-like."
-Modern Drunkard Magazine Sept/ Oct 2006
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Re: Obey ice cream truck?

Post by TheOmethod »

Its a "rave" van. The guy who owns it travels all over the place for different shows. Its like a traveling art piece
vanilla_gorilla
Propaganda Engineer

Post by vanilla_gorilla »

That is great
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

ice creeeeeaaaaaaam!

that is bad arse!
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh10 ... ADCAST.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
byrnexxx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by byrnexxx »

Hey should flip that sh!t on ebay motors!
nixon451
Giant

Post by nixon451 »

RXEL.
All I can say is, if that's that you think an ice cream truck looks like I prey you don't have any kids.
subterranean
Punk

Post by subterranean »

This is great :lol: "Shep on Wheels" , now I think I may have seen it all...saw the beach towels, flip flop sandals and now a converted van...his images are fast becoming a regular occurance on the street, the web, gallery shows, clothing and let's not forget his obvious influence on many other artists. What's everyone's view on Shepard attaining a somewhat "Warhol-like" level of status in popular culture as a whole? He's not there yet of course because there's people I run into all the time that have no idea yet who he is, but let's face it, this is happening really fast now...whatcha think?
"Exterminate All Rational Thought" - W. S. Burroughs (Naked Lunch)

My Collection : http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=12999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

subterranean wrote:What's everyone's view on Shepard attaining a somewhat "Warhol-like" level of status in popular culture as a whole?
I'm not sure he will. Warhol was a weird motherf^cker, and cultivated his aura of weirdness in the media like little old ladies grow ferns. Banksy has the anonymity thing going for him that's intrinsically interesting-- and often more so than his art.

Shepard has no "hook" for the media to latch on to that's needed to yank him into the Warhol stratosphere. As talented as he is, Shepard's just a normal dude, and normal dudes rarely get glommed on to by the media in the way necessary for creating a supernova.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
elixirone
Punk

Re:

Post by elixirone »

nixon451 wrote:RXEL.
All I can say is, if that's that you think an ice cream truck looks like I prey you don't have any kids.
;)
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

admonkey wrote: Shepard has no "hook" for the media to latch on to that's needed to yank him into the Warhol stratosphere. As talented as he is, Shepard's just a normal dude, and normal dudes rarely get glommed on to by the media in the way necessary for creating a supernova.
Don't you think it could be argued that the Obama imagery is the hook that the media will use (is using) to yank him to the next level?
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

truthiness wrote:
admonkey wrote: Shepard has no "hook" for the media to latch on to that's needed to yank him into the Warhol stratosphere. As talented as he is, Shepard's just a normal dude, and normal dudes rarely get glommed on to by the media in the way necessary for creating a supernova.
Don't you think it could be argued that the Obama imagery is the hook that the media will use (is using) to yank him to the next level?
It's possible; I just don't believe it's likely. To get the type of Warhol supernova effect we were talking about, it normally takes something that will keep the press and public interested all the time. Usually, what keeps people interested is a personality that's really, really, really different. Like, odd different. Or self-destructive. Or scary intense. Or creepy.

Shepard is a bright guy. Incredibly bright. And he's got the work ethic of ten people. And he's got a pretty intense POV when you get him started. But really, outside of that, he's a normal-I'd-have-a-beer-with-him dude.

Still, maybe all of that will be enough to trigger a self-feeding media storm that will last the way Warhol's did.

Maybe.

He could probably hire a sharp publicist to fuel the fire for him, but I don't see Shepard as being the type of guy who'd do that. So, barring that, it's up to some sort of "hook" to carry the day in putting him in the same I'm a Press Darling club as Warhol.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.