Faireys exhibition based on Vivienne

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
mindsetxx
Punk

Faireys exhibition based on Vivienne

Post by mindsetxx »

I met Shepard at the Subliminal Projects last weekend at an event that was being held. He told me that he was working on pieces for an upcoming show he is doing. The show is going to be based on his daughter Vivienne. All the pieces will be of her. He showed me a piece he was working on that day and it was great! It was like a War by Numbers meets the 2 Soldiiers prints. By that i mean it had the 2 soldiers background with the rays and the dove and his daughter resembling the War by Numbers girl.

***Any new information, post here***

******Also if Shepard Fairey is against this thread please say so it will be removed******
Last edited by mindsetxx on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
HolyShep
Propaganda Engineer

Post by HolyShep »

How's Shep in person? I wish he'd come back to Hawaii, it's been 3 or so years since he did his residence at the Hawaii Contemporary Museum. He didn't disappoint with his nocturnal productions. Mysteriously (or not) a big Zapatista woman, Revolution Girl and a couple Icons popped up around town. I was lucky enough to flick most of them. I think my Zapatista woman flick would make a pretty sick print.
destroyeric
Giant

Re:

Post by destroyeric »

HolyShep wrote:How's Shep in person? I wish he'd come back to Hawaii, it's been 3 or so years since he did his residence at the Hawaii Contemporary Museum. He didn't disappoint with his nocturnal productions. Mysteriously (or not) a big Zapatista woman, Revolution Girl and a couple Icons popped up around town. I was lucky enough to flick most of them. I think my Zapatista woman flick would make a pretty sick print.
Post some pics. :D
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
HolyShep
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Re:

Post by HolyShep »

destroyeric wrote:
HolyShep wrote:How's Shep in person? I wish he'd come back to Hawaii, it's been 3 or so years since he did his residence at the Hawaii Contemporary Museum. He didn't disappoint with his nocturnal productions. Mysteriously (or not) a big Zapatista woman, Revolution Girl and a couple Icons popped up around town. I was lucky enough to flick most of them. I think my Zapatista woman flick would make a pretty sick print.
Post some pics. :D
Don't worry, as soon as I can get them loaded on to this computer, I'd love to share with everyone here. :wink:
mindsetxx
Punk

Post by mindsetxx »

Shepard is a real nice guy in person! No different than the interviews youve seen. What youve seen is what you get. haha. He took the time to talk to me, answer a couple questions, signed a couple of my unsigned pasters and a poster! He said two of them were fake!!! haha but he still signed it. I also met his with little girl Vivienne. Great people!
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Re:

Post by Patillac13 »

mindsetxx wrote:Shepard is a real nice guy in person! No different than the interviews youve seen. What youve seen is what you get. haha. He took the time to talk to me, answer a couple questions, signed a couple of my unsigned pasters and a poster! He said two of them were fake!!! haha but he still signed it. I also met his with little girl Vivienne. Great people!
That's awesome!
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
HolyShep
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by HolyShep »

mindsetxx wrote:Shepard is a real nice guy in person! No different than the interviews youve seen. What youve seen is what you get. haha. He took the time to talk to me, answer a couple questions, signed a couple of my unsigned pasters and a poster! He said two of them were fake!!! haha but he still signed it. I also met his with little girl Vivienne. Great people!
So, what fakes did ya have? It was cool of him to sign em anyway! :)
subterranean
Punk

Post by subterranean »

HolyShep wrote:
That is really cool of him to do that..almost never do artists sign things that are not "official", especially if they see and recognize that it's a fake! The more I see of interviews and clips of Shep it just seems like he's such a laid back guy about most things, but VERY passionate about his work ethic.
"Exterminate All Rational Thought" - W. S. Burroughs (Naked Lunch)

My Collection : http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=12999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HolyShep
Propaganda Engineer

Post by HolyShep »

I never really understood why there are so many Shep haters out there. They say he's a plagiarist, but to me, he take an image or portion of one, and makes it into something beautiful. I won't deny he borrows other's images, but so many artists find influence from other's works and styles. I think it's a case of sour grapes and that some artists will never achieve the level of popularity that he has, and it bothers them to no end. He's not out there fishing for people's admiration, he simply puts out work that people find appealing. He has earned his large fan base by simply putting all his passion into his work, whether one person sees it or millions. Now, Mr. Fairey, you can send me one of each print you ever produced! LOL!!!!!
mindsetxx
Punk

Post by mindsetxx »

HolyShep wrote:
I have a VOTE! paster which i figured was a reproduction and he wasnt sure about my Proud Parents paster.
but the other ones were all good!!!
mindsetxx
Punk

Re:

Post by mindsetxx »

HolyShep wrote:I never really understood why there are so many Shep haters out there. They say he's a plagiarist, but to me, he take an image or portion of one, and makes it into something beautiful. I won't deny he borrows other's images, but so many artists find influence from other's works and styles. I think it's a case of sour grapes and that some artists will never achieve the level of popularity that he has, and it bothers them to no end. He's not out there fishing for people's admiration, he simply puts out work that people find appealing. He has earned his large fan base by simply putting all his passion into his work, whether one person sees it or millions. Now, Mr. Fairey, you can send me one of each print you ever produced! LOL!!!!!

You know what, I actually asked him about that. I told him how he felt about all the people that were against his incorporation of recycled images into his work and why he does credit or show the original work he uses when the print is not an original. I also asked about that plagirist article. He said that was just an artist close minded view of his art work. He told me that he doesnt have the time to post everything, but he did try a little in his supply and demand book. and other places. But i definately congradualted him on his success this past years!
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

mindsetxx wrote:
HolyShep wrote:
I have a VOTE! paster which i figured was a reproduction and he wasnt sure about my Proud Parents paster.
Did you buy them from "havemysources" on ebay?

http://stores.ebay.com/Neeedfull-Things ... idZ2QQtZkm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mindsetxx
Punk

Post by mindsetxx »

I sure did man, whats the story with that??
HolyShep
Propaganda Engineer

Post by HolyShep »

Gigantico wrote:
mindsetxx wrote:
HolyShep wrote:
Did you buy them from "havemysources" on ebay?

http://stores.ebay.com/Neeedfull-Things ... idZ2QQtZkm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've been tempted by this sellers auctions many times, but something inside me tells me they're reproductions. Maybe it's the fact that he has some "rare" items, but by the dozen. :roll:
mindsetxx
Punk

Re: Faireys exhibition based on Vivienne

Post by mindsetxx »

yeah i figured it was a reproduction but I dont have the money to buy the real one. But at least we know for sure now. Ill put pictures up soon.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Re:

Post by Gigantico »

mindsetxx wrote:I sure did man, whats the story with that??
This thread is about that seller. His/her name on this forum is proudparent.

http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php ... &sk=t&sd=a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

His claim was that he knew a guy that knew a guy that got them from Shepard. Very Shady.
mindsetxx
Punk

Post by mindsetxx »

I WAS ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR THAT THREAD THANKS.
i POSTED IT WAS OFFICIAL, THEYRE FAKE.