Crow art: not questions just art! AFRICA TEXTURE UP!!!

Artist-members sharing their work.
zanzi123
Giant

Re: Crow art: not questions just art! AFRICA PIECE UP!

Post by zanzi123 »

saintjordan wrote:Ok Ill bite, Im up for supporting a new uninspired "artist". How much? And what the hell do they look like?
sheesh I thought we were even. Dude stop saying stuff to me and i will stop to you. I have been doing my thing and it is fun. Im in it for the fun, not for people to buy my stuff. I was saying if people like it enough to buy it thats cool. For you it will be 20 bucks plus shipping. :lol:
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
zanzi123
Giant

Re: Crow art: not questions just art! Another new piece up!!!

Post by zanzi123 »

Newest piece. Africa on album cover.

stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
saintjordan
Propaganda Engineer

Post by saintjordan »

Now that Africa one is actually pretty decent dude. I gotta say the other sh!t you made was total crepe but this is not total crepe. :)
Employ Cognitive Dissidence

"Why would solar power make him sick? Is he a republican?" -Michael J. Caboose
zanzi123
Giant

Re:

Post by zanzi123 »

saintjordan wrote:Now that Africa one is actually pretty decent dude. I gotta say the other sh!t you made was total crepe but this is not total crepe. :)
Thanks actually, the chinese peace thing was for my moms friend who studies chinese medicine so It makes sence.
I just love africa, I think africa has suffered enough and we all must come together to help. Thanks.
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Re:

Post by Patillac13 »

Zanzi, if you think this idea is cool I think you should try making some collaged pieces (album covers, pieces of wood, prints, stuff like that) and working in some more texture, just an idea. It's nice and bold as is, so I don't know if you'd want to mess with it. I was just kinda thinking about your Africa piece and I envisioned a vintage paper/weathered album cover with Africa painted on it so you could still see the collage behind it... I don't know, it's tough to describe :D

It never hurts to try stuff out artistically, trying out different mediums and techniques is fun! Each photo looks like every stencil has been getting better and better, so congrats, man. It's going to be cool to look back and see all of the different pieces you've made.
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
zanzi123
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by zanzi123 »

Patillac13 wrote:Zanzi, I think you should try making some collaged pieces (album covers, pieces of wood, prints, stuff like that) and working in some more texture, just an idea. It's nice and bold as is, so I don't know if you'd want to mess with it. I was just kinda thinking about your Africa piece and I envisioned a vintage paper/weathered album cover with Africa painted on it so you could still see the collage behind it... I don't know, it's tough to describe :D

It never hurts to try stuff out artistically, trying out different mediums and techniques is fun! Each photo looks like every stencil has been getting better and better, so congrats, man. It's going to be cool to look back and see all of the different pieces you've made.
Thanks Pat you are awesome. You helped sooooo much so THANK YOU!

Oh yeah and you are giving me my first prints so THANKS AGAIN!
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

No problem Zanzi, I'm glad I could help :D
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Re:

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

saintjordan wrote:Now that Africa one is actually pretty decent dude. I gotta say the other sh!t you made was total crepe but this is not total crepe. :)

sorry but haaaaaaaa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah Zanzii nice idea
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

lookin good zanzi...keep at it..
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
zanzi123
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by zanzi123 »

Dizzyegg05 wrote:

sorry but haaaaaaaa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah Zanzii nice idea

no problem :D

thanks
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

the africa looks great! i agree with pat that some texture wouldn't hurt, but it's a very good start!
i'm proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

NEW AFRICA TEXTURE PIECE. FOR SALE PM ME. It has the words peace, love, war, Darfur, and genocide on it.

This peace really represents africa as a whole and what makes it africa

It is on a FOUND canvas. Also used, Spray paint, hand made paper.

:D
Last edited by zanzi123 on Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

pics taken with my mac!
saintjordan
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Crow art: not questions just art! AFRICA TEXTURE UP!!!

Post by saintjordan »

I like the one on the album cover better. This "texture" version with the words darfur, war, genocide, peace, love, its way too cliche.
Employ Cognitive Dissidence

"Why would solar power make him sick? Is he a republican?" -Michael J. Caboose
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

try transluescent paint for your first africa piece...as pat said it would let the original album text and art show through....
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

extremeimages77 wrote:try transluescent paint for your first africa piece...as pat said it would let the original album text and art show through....
Ok thats a great Idea! :D Imma order some when i get money

thanks for all the comments, and please, TELL IT LIKE YOU SEE IT!
Dorse
Swindler

Post by Dorse »

I like how u started with the clean African Album which was nice...
But didn't reflect Africa too well. Now you've added texture
it really reflects what some poorer parts of Africa have to live with. Where people live hard rough lives, The texture shows this.

Keep it up think about Concept and different Stocks/Textures to print on!
zanzi123
Giant

Re:

Post by zanzi123 »

Dorse wrote:I like how u started with the clean African Album which was nice...
But didn't reflect Africa too well. Now you've added texture
it really reflects what some poorer parts of Africa have to live with. Where people live hard rough lives, The texture shows this.

Keep it up think about Concept and different Stocks/Textures to print on!
Thanks, New pieces soon!
omegaiori
Posse

Post by omegaiori »

this is all so cute :D.
keep it up and keep experimenting!
dirtyd0369
Giant

Post by dirtyd0369 »

don't worry so much about what other people think is right or wrong... just experiment and try to find your style.
lmprnio
Propaganda Engineer

Post by lmprnio »

looking good zanzi!
keep it up!

practice!
practice!
practice!
http://shtexclamation.bigcartel.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

Thanks guys, I have some more pieces done I will show them to you soon!

Thanks again for all your support.