Official: Duality of Humanity 4 Anticipation Thread

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
idolize
Posse

Post by idolize »

Maybe I'll get lucky and get this one, on the positive side I just got my Jane's and they are the first one's that haven't been damaged in a while. They look sweet in person, way better than the pics on computer.
mikey c
Posse

Re:

Post by mikey c »

SFSTRAT wrote:Ok. To who ever made that cheeky remark about 'thats like saying I'll give you a $50.00 dollar bill for your $100.00 dollar bill' --- lets see where that gets you in like 2 months. DoH 4 is going to sell at ridiculous prices at first and then it will go down just like the rest of the series. Once flippers start competing with each other on the bay, I see this going for $200.00 MAX. So for me to offer a print that does go for around $165.00 seems about fair. Furthermore, Yea I'm asking to trade a print that I paid $50 for, for a print you'll pay $50 for. But I guess some people are not cool enough to hook a brother up. AND BIG UPS TO BLAZE.
I'm not trying to start an argument, I was just pointing out that that was (in my opinion) a weak offer. When I first got into collecting these prints I offered a dude a Tyrant Boot for his Peace Tree. That was a weak offer. I didn't know that, though. All I knew was that I fought like hell for that print and figured that it was worth something. I didn't know it was far less desirable than Peace Tree. Either way that guy probably thought I was an buttocks. I thought maybe you were doing the same thing, so I figured I'd point out the difference in values. Yes it was cheeky, and I apologize.

I do think, though, that time will show the DOH print to be more valuable. It's from a series, and people will want the complete set. It's also had more exposure, and is a collab with a (famous?) photographer. It's more representative of Shep's work as a whole as well. My opinion of course.
toobs
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by toobs »

mikey c wrote: I'm not trying to start an argument, I was just pointing out that that was (in my opinion) a weak offer. When I first got into collecting these prints I offered a dude a Tyrant Boot for his Peace Tree. That was a weak offer. I didn't know that, though. All I knew was that I fought like hell for that print and figured that it was worth something. I didn't know it was far less desirable than Peace Tree. Either way that guy probably thought I was an buttocks. I thought maybe you were doing the same thing, so I figured I'd point out the difference in values. Yes it was cheeky, and I apologize.

I do think, though, that time will show the DOH print to be more valuable. It's from a series, and people will want the complete set. It's also had more exposure, and is a collab with a (famous?) photographer. It's more representative of Shep's work as a whole as well. My opinion of course.
so u are the guy that offered me that recockulous deal :roll:
SFSTRAT
Swindler

Post by SFSTRAT »

Whatever the case maybe.....I'm really hoping to snag this to complete my set. BTW how sick would it be if Shepard had some pasters of the peace guard image on saturday when the HOPE image sells. I'll let you guys know ;) I'm flying there tomorrow night from S.F.
This_Is_Your_God
Posse

Post by This_Is_Your_God »

toobs wrote:
mikey c wrote: I'm not trying to start an argument, I was just pointing out that that was (in my opinion) a weak offer. When I first got into collecting these prints I offered a dude a Tyrant Boot for his Peace Tree. That was a weak offer. I didn't know that, though. All I knew was that I fought like hell for that print and figured that it was worth something. I didn't know it was far less desirable than Peace Tree. Either way that guy probably thought I was an buttocks. I thought maybe you were doing the same thing, so I figured I'd point out the difference in values. Yes it was cheeky, and I apologize.

so u are the guy that offered me that recockulous deal :roll:
"recockulous " haha good word usage
mikey c
Posse

Post by mikey c »

toobs wrote:so u are the guy that offered me that recockulous deal :roll:
Actually I don't think so, not unless you are a different name on EB. No harm intended either way though.
MunkeyPants
Giant

Re: Official: Duality of Humanity 4 Anticipation Thread

Post by MunkeyPants »

I'm going to be traveling back to Rio after my wedding (more than likely when this drops). Anyone who might be able to hook me up with this, I have a good number of different prints to trade or pay cash. PM me. Thanks.

P.S. To anyone thinking of getting married, ELOPE. It's your only hope of sanity. Uggggh.
Submit. Rapture.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

Gigantico wrote:
SFSTRAT wrote:Ok. To who ever made that cheeky remark about 'thats like saying I'll give you a $50.00 dollar bill for your $100.00 dollar bill' --- lets see where that gets you in like 2 months. DoH 4 is going to sell at ridiculous prices at first and then it will go down just like the rest of the series. Once flippers start competing with each other on the bay, I see this going for $200.00 MAX. So for me to offer a print that does go for around $165.00 seems about fair. Furthermore, Yea I'm asking to trade a print that I paid $50 for, for a print you'll pay $50 for. But I guess some people are not cool enough to hook a brother up. AND BIG UPS TO BLAZE.
Sorry but what does "cheeky" mean? Does that have something to do with a "bun fight?" Still learning the Queen's English over here.

cheeky............balls out and up front request

"can I be cheeky and ask you for a free print mr. Fairey?"

"dave is a right cheeky gobshite when he asked if he could have a go on me missus"

"this may sound a bit cheeky but can I pay you tomorrow for that round of drinks?"

Etc etc
when it snows in your nose you catch cold in your brain
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

stickee wrote:
Gigantico wrote:
Sorry but what does "cheeky" mean? Does that have something to do with a "bun fight?" Still learning the Queen's English over here.

cheeky............balls out and up front request

"can I be cheeky and ask you for a free print mr. Fairey?"

"dave is a right cheeky gobshite when he asked if he could have a go on me missus"

"this may sound a bit cheeky but can I pay you tomorrow for that round of drinks?"

Etc etc
haha, thanks! I think I get it.

Seriously, "dave is a right cheeky gobshite when he asked if he could have a go on me missus," made me laugh hysterically. :lol:
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Powerful image. No corny slogans. Nice design pattern in the background. It's striking in it's simplicity. Hands are good. Not quite as good as DOH2, but a might fine print. However, not family friendly if that is a concern. 2 thumbs up.
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

robotoil wrote:Powerful image. No corny slogans. Nice design pattern in the background. It's striking in it's simplicity. Hands are good. Not quite as good as DOH2, but a might fine print. However, not family friendly if that is a concern. 2 thumbs up.
I dig Duality 4 much more than Duality 2.
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
password
Giant

Re:

Post by password »

H2KOG wrote:I dont know if Ill try for this or not.
Hey, do you go by BEEFLOAF on OMGPOSTERS comments?
H2KOG
Swindler

Post by H2KOG »

No...
-what else can a poor boy do..
Obama '08
CAallDAY
Swindler

Post by CAallDAY »

I like this one, should be tough to get though
skoola
Giant

Post by skoola »

password wrote:
H2KOG wrote:I dont know if Ill try for this or not.
Hey, do you go by BEEFLOAF on OMGPOSTERS comments?
SOMETIMES I WONDER THAT ABOUT ZANZI :lol:
JackMama
Giant

Post by JackMama »

Weird notice of the day. the NEW PRODUCTS page is gone. that new?
This aggression will not stand.
circa77
Giant

Re:

Post by circa77 »

JackMama wrote:Weird notice of the day. the NEW PRODUCTS page is gone. that new?

nope. it went MIA yesterday around 3-4pm pacific.
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
Mad Daego
Posse

Post by Mad Daego »

Patillac13 wrote:
robotoil wrote:Powerful image. No corny slogans. Nice design pattern in the background. It's striking in it's simplicity. Hands are good. Not quite as good as DOH2, but a might fine print. However, not family friendly if that is a concern. 2 thumbs up.
I dig Duality 4 much more than Duality 2.
Not I. The tight focus makes 2 for me. 4 has a sense of isolation, sure, perhaps the point, but something about the subject matter is stronger when its up close, you get a cramped sweaty feeling from 2 IMO. 2 & 3 are still my favorites.
Vigilant
Punk

Post by Vigilant »

Definitely going for this to round out my set. If i'm lucky enough to grab one I will be flipping it for $2000 for all 4. HIT ME UP!!
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

Vigilant wrote:Definitely going for this to round out my set. If i'm lucky enough to grab one I will be flipping it for $2000 for all 4. HIT ME UP!!
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
mikey c
Posse

Post by mikey c »

Vigilant wrote:Definitely going for this to round out my set. If i'm lucky enough to grab one I will be flipping it for $2000 for all 4. HIT ME UP!!
Rarely does someone willingly come out and say "I'm an assh*le". Thank you for your honesty.
Vigilant
Punk

Post by Vigilant »

LOL - I knew you guys would get all uptight about that...it was a joke :wink:
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

The last 4 posts before mine (this one) are very funny to me. Thanks to all who were involved for brightening up the very end of my stagnant work day :D
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
stinkypete
Giant

Post by stinkypete »

Vigilant wrote:LOL - I knew you guys would get all uptight about that...it was a joke :wink:

"Have you anything to say. No? Then shut up. Lest you are a woman in
which case carry on - It's delightful."
Simon Munnery