Official: Duality of Humanity 4 Anticipation Thread

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
spagucci1
Giant

Re: Official: Duality of Humanity 4 Anticipation Thread

Post by spagucci1 »

JVB wrote:
ianwhite310 wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:
cybernigel wrote:
JVB wrote:they should start up a site where you can register your OG works, and whomever has the oldest ones gets first dibs on new prints. Allotments work for wineries, they can work for other things.
That's an excellent idea. :-)
no its not...... that would lead to the same 400 people buying up the prints over and over again......
TRUE!
...and this is bad why?
Because it creates a monopoly on the market........
stuckeyc37
Propaganda Engineer

Post by stuckeyc37 »

JVB wrote:they should start up a site where you can register your OG works, and whomever has the oldest ones gets first dibs on new prints. Allotments work for wineries, they can work for other things.
NEWSFLASH----some newer collectors love and appreciate Sheps work as much as you do
Typhoon
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Typhoon »

easycraig wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
easycraig wrote:"I blame it on the rain...."

-sorry.... with the above quote and the 80's color question..... i couldn't resist...... lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwrL9MV6jSk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chocolate Rain! :lol:

:lol: :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwTZ2xpQwpA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"If you can't laugh at yourself, Make fun of other people." Bobby Slayton

"Hey your dreams and all you work for is a joke." Baxterpoop

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=9037
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

i prdict 530 to 600 easterntime
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
Mad Daego
Posse

Post by Mad Daego »

What do you think would happen if one of us put a Big Proof up on ebay?
JVB
Giant

Post by JVB »

spagucci1 wrote:
JVB wrote:
ianwhite310 wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:
cybernigel wrote:
no its not...... that would lead to the same 400 people buying up the prints over and over again......
TRUE!
...and this is bad why?
monopolies aren't necessarily evil. In this situation in particular, it might even have a reverse affect than normal, as it would keep the EB resales down, thereby lowering the over-inflated values.
"Barbarians in fur coats are still barbarians."
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

Disclaimer: I don't edit my collections on here anymore. I prefer to be mysterious. Kind of like that burning sensation... Which one gifted me that?
gpt104
Giant

Post by gpt104 »

Gotta go to class. Guess a strikeout - this sucks. maybe it will still be up around 8:30pm EST
Collection & Wants: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=3093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vanilla_gorilla
Propaganda Engineer

Post by vanilla_gorilla »

durn, just got back from vegas no drop yet?
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

extremeimages77 wrote:i prdict 530 to 600 easterntime

-i'm going with 8pm pacific time.... give or take an hour!!!! lol ec
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
mcostello
Swindler

Post by mcostello »

did we ever get confirmation that the it's not the studio that drops it, but the 3rd party people who built the store?
idolize
Posse

Post by idolize »

mcostello wrote:did we ever get confirmation that the it's not the studio that drops it, but the 3rd party people who built the store?
8:00 pm eastern??
idolize
Posse

Post by idolize »

idolize wrote:
mcostello wrote:did we ever get confirmation that the it's not the studio that drops it, but the 3rd party people who built the store?
8:00 pm eastern??
No
JVB
Giant

Post by JVB »

stuckeyc37 wrote:
NEWSFLASH----some newer collectors love and appreciate Sheps work as much as you do
NEWSFLASH----Not everything is as serious as it seems. Obviously such a system would be nonsensical, you'd need some sort of rule in place limiting consumers to a certain number of prints per year, but something along the lines could easily be worked out.

And obviously a lot of new collectors love his work, Nordstrom always sells out of the hot shirts!
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

Disclaimer: I don't edit my collections on here anymore. I prefer to be mysterious. Kind of like that burning sensation... Which one gifted me that?
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

Weston, or his Doppelgänger, pulls the trigger.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

stuckeyc37 wrote:
You should have to prove your love by drinking a gallon of wheatpaste and getting Obey tattooed on your forehead.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
spiff huxtable
Propaganda Engineer

Post by spiff huxtable »

As long as we are posting youtube videos, I thought this was pretty funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C8vrcZglpo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JVB
Giant

Post by JVB »

cybernigel wrote:
stuckeyc37 wrote:
You should have to prove your love by drinking a gallon of wheatpaste and getting Obey tattooed on your forehead.
But then that would be biased toward those of us who ate paste as children.
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

JVB wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:
JVB wrote:
ianwhite310 wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:
cybernigel wrote:
TRUE!
...and this is bad why?
monopolies aren't necessarily evil. In this situation in particular, it might even have a reverse affect than normal, as it would keep the EB resales down, thereby lowering the over-inflated values.
ha ha!! you must not know how supply and demand works.....
MunkeyPants
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by MunkeyPants »

brintoul wrote:
MunkeyPants wrote:there are around 100 people on EB trying to sell each of the DoH prints. Why they command a higher price than $125 is beyond me. People with accounts to sell (flip) prints there command a quarter of the prints available. So, yes, it is a factor. And there are tons of new people trying for this as well.
I didn't say anything about EB people. I was talking about the Juxtapoz page.
Others commented on them. My reply was to the basic thread content, not one post. Thus no quote. :-) It irks me to no end to know how hard the fight was for the DoH prints, not getting them and seeing 100 of them for sale for high prices that I don't think meet the supply/demand on market. If those people would all put them on eB at one time, the price would be less than $100 for each one. Half of those people are holding out for $250 plus. Sorry, the DoH's aren't worth that much. Someday, probably, but not today. </rant>
Submit. Rapture.
strangeloop
Swindler

Post by strangeloop »

$10 says they'll have to push it to tomorrow because of the sucky server.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

strangeloop wrote:$10 says they'll have to push it to tomorrow because of the sucky server.
I'll take that bet.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
JVB
Giant

Post by JVB »

spagucci1 wrote:
JVB wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:
JVB wrote:
ianwhite310 wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:
cybernigel wrote:
TRUE!
...and this is bad why?
ha ha!! you must not know how supply and demand works.....
The EB flippers are creating a distortion in the supply curve.
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

cybernigel wrote:
stuckeyc37 wrote:

when it snows in your nose you catch cold in your brain
tomoko
Punk

Re: Re:

Post by tomoko »

MunkeyPants wrote:
brintoul wrote:
MunkeyPants wrote:there are around 100 people on EB trying to sell each of the DoH prints. Why they command a higher price than $125 is beyond me. People with accounts to sell (flip) prints there command a quarter of the prints available. So, yes, it is a factor. And there are tons of new people trying for this as well.
I didn't say anything about EB people. I was talking about the Juxtapoz page.
Others commented on them. My reply was to the basic thread content, not one post. Thus no quote. :-) It irks me to no end to know how hard the fight was for the DoH prints, not getting them and seeing 100 of them for sale for high prices that I don't think meet the supply/demand on market. If those people would all put them on eB at one time, the price would be less than $100 for each one. Half of those people are holding out for $250 plus. Sorry, the DoH's aren't worth that much. Someday, probably, but not today. </rant>
agreed
JVB
Giant

Post by JVB »

ok, time for a cig and a sammich. crossing my fingers it doesn't sell out in the next 15 minutes.
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB