Official: Duality of Humanity 4 Anticipation Thread

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: Re:

Post by conartstudio »

shawndoc wrote:
fribhey wrote: when will you guys stop with this "real" fan/collector nonsense. what's hard to understand about shepard's continuing growth in popularity. the obama image put shepard on the national map and it's not going to get any easier getting prints. this was an edition of 450, do you honestly think there aren't more then 450 "real" fans trying to get it?
I think a lot of the whining is overblown, but I admit I get cheezed off when I fail to get a print, and yet some account on eBay has 2 for sale the day of the drop.
i get cheezed off when people who are new to the forum complain about "true fans" not getting the print then go on to say they didn't like in the first place and were only trying to get it to trade.....

shepard sells the prints openly to the public through his site and everyone has and equal chance to buy them. this entitlement attitude/mentality that many have is bogus. the thinking that you're a bigger fan then someone else is just smeared.
highbrow
Posse

Re: Official: Duality of Humanity 4 Anticipation Thread

Post by highbrow »

WOW 14 on ebay as of now
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

pharoah7 wrote:
fribhey wrote:
pharoah7 wrote:They need to work out and find a way to make these only available to real art collectors or fans or at least upgrade servers
when will you guys stop with this "real" fan/collector nonsense.
shawndoc wrote:
fribhey wrote: yet some account on eBay has 2 for sale the day of the drop.
why did you put what someone else wrote as my quote?
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

first one just sold on ebay for $226 :roll: :lol:
when it snows in your nose you catch cold in your brain
pharoah7
Swindler

Post by pharoah7 »

fribhey wrote:
shawndoc wrote:
fribhey wrote: when will you guys stop with this "real" fan/collector nonsense. what's hard to understand about shepard's continuing growth in popularity. the obama image put shepard on the national map and it's not going to get any easier getting prints. this was an edition of 450, do you honestly think there aren't more then 450 "real" fans trying to get it?
I think a lot of the whining is overblown, but I admit I get cheezed off when I fail to get a print, and yet some account on eBay has 2 for sale the day of the drop.
i get cheezed off when people who are new to the forum complain about "true fans" not getting the print then go on to say they didn't like in the first place and were only trying to get it to trade.....

shepard sells the prints openly to the public through his site and everyone has and equal chance to buy them. this entitlement attitude/mentality that many have is bogus. the thinking that you're a bigger fan then someone else is just smeared.
you do realize that both old and new members get cheezed off, not just the whiners

for me, its more of a morality kind of thing, doing exactly what the artist is against, flipping and preventing people who actually want the print from getting it at the actual price it was set for, and profiting at high turnouts

some people dont do it intentionally, some do it because they need to do so to meet their physiological needs, always there are exceptions what have you...

At least if I would have bought it to trade, it would have stayed within the realm of Obey followers/real appreciators, not sold off for profit to some unknowingly gullible collector
propogandadan1
Posse

Post by propogandadan1 »

Great day for me...scored this and got a Bad Brains delivered to me, for the cost of what DOH4 will probably sell for.
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

idc really that I didnt get it! I have my friken grail in my room!
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

propogandadan1 wrote:Great day for me...scored this and got a Bad Brains delivered to me, for the cost of what DOH4 will probably sell for.

the badbarains tinman was offering?
DangerousBri
Swindler

Post by DangerousBri »

pharoah7 wrote: At least if I would have bought it to trade, it would have stayed within the realm of Obey followers/real appreciators, not sold off for profit to some unknowingly gullible collector

How do you know they're are not "real" obey collectors who have more money than time? Are you saying the people who can afford fine art prints are gullible cause they can afford $X,000-$X0,000? I'm actually working/making money all day. It'd be easier for me to throw down $100-$150 on a print than sit in front of a computer for 8 hours trying to buy it. Does that mean I'm not a real follower/appreciator?
propogandadan1
Posse

Post by propogandadan1 »

stickee wrote:
propogandadan1 wrote:Great day for me...scored this and got a Bad Brains delivered to me, for the cost of what DOH4 will probably sell for.
the badbarains tinman was offering?
Correct, indirectly through tinman.
noetic
Giant

Post by noetic »

so is this the last in the doh series, I don't remember seeing a definitive answer anywhere
I Rock The Mic Like It's My Last Chance To Breathe
Display A Level Of Skill You Could Only Hope To Achieve
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

DOH!

was thinkin about that deal....how was it?

looked like a sweet price
jecapaga
Swindler

Post by jecapaga »

Well I wasn't able to grab this one from the obey gods. I tried and really had a shot at it I thought. Not a good trend, I time out for the last two drops just trying to confirm on the OG page after leaving paypal. Makes you think you're about to get it only to be told on the last stage that you have in fact been had. Congrats to those that landed it.
stickee
Giant

Re:

Post by stickee »

noetic wrote:so is this the last in the doh series, I don't remember seeing a definitive answer anywhere

earlier in the thread 2 peeps had rumour of DOH5
Mad Daego
Posse

Post by Mad Daego »

Why bicker amongst one another? Fact remains that many of us spent upwards of 9 hours waiting on this, stressing, turning our day upside down, only to be thwarted by a frustrating cart that need not be so. I sacrificed a lot of things today to be at a terminal and am not alone. I made it most of the way through paypal 9 times, got back to the SQL error page once, and never scored. That's bogus man, period. My head is pounding and this half bottle of wine hasn't made a dent yet. And I don't even drink!

What we should be doing is figuring out how to score and sharing experience. For those who did, what was the last page you saw, and how long did you let it sit. I let the OG SQL error page sit, the one that says , "Your order is processing..." or whatever for about 4 minutes. Many of us make it that far. What can we determine this page REALLY means.

1. Does it mean wait?
2. Should we reload it?
3. Should we go back a page and try again?

Also, for those wondering about Firefox timeouts, changing this is SUPER easy. Just google it and the process takes like 4 seconds.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re:

Post by conartstudio »

Bobak wrote:Anyone looking forward to the Google voice search for iPhone? Was supposed to be released on Friday, got pushed to today because Google apparently didn't fully understand the iTunes app approval process.
FYI, it's out now and works well. Not sure how often I'll use it but I can see it coming in handy when my hands are tied.
blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

Post by blazedoutbee »

the bee was out in under 15 minutes

in and out

like those burger joints out West

Bring on DOH5
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re:

Post by admonkey »

Mad Daego wrote:For those who did, what was the last page you saw, and how long did you let it sit.
"Please Enter Your {deleted}-Level Password:," and as long as it took me to enter the characters.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
guppy
Posse

Post by guppy »

I actually scored this one in class!!
mcostello
Swindler

Post by mcostello »

pharoah7 wrote:
fribhey wrote:
shawndoc wrote:

you do realize that both old and new members get cheezed off, not just the whiners

for me, its more of a morality kind of thing, doing exactly what the artist is against, flipping and preventing people who actually want the print from getting it at the actual price it was set for, and profiting at high turnouts

some people dont do it intentionally, some do it because they need to do so to meet their physiological needs, always there are exceptions what have you...

At least if I would have bought it to trade, it would have stayed within the realm of Obey followers/real appreciators, not sold off for profit to some unknowingly gullible collector
i think a lot of it is poster art fans trying to make a buck. psudo-flippers. there's a lot of people on EB already looking to unload prints, and they do own a lot of art, none of sheps. maybe they will keep one or two.

but I doubt that the majority of the flippers are auto parts dealers. like that one guy a few months back.
stickertraders
Swindler

Post by stickertraders »

I got all the way to paying then it moves you back to the OG site to confirm, then I got a "Item No available in your cart" message. Oh so close, better luck next time.
Last edited by stickertraders on Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://stickertraders.com (Trade Stickers with the World)
strangeloop
Swindler

Post by strangeloop »

Just think:

At least 450 people trying to get one for 6 hours = 2700 hours of our lives wasted.
That's 112. 5 days out of our life. Just sayin's all. :P
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re:

Post by admonkey »

strangeloop wrote:Just think:

At least 450 people trying to get one for 6 hours = 2700 hours of our lives wasted.
That's 112. 5 days out of our life. Just sayin's all. :P
You still owe me ten bucks.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

stickertraders wrote:I got all the way to paying then it moves you back to the OG site to confirm, then I got a "Item No available in your cat" message. Oh so close, better luck next time.
your cat will probably feel better now they have removed the print from it

you should avoid the backdoor process to gain prints, the end result is always a sh!tty mess :lol:
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Cheezed off?