Official: Duality of Humanity 4 Anticipation Thread

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
stickertraders
Swindler

Re: Official: Duality of Humanity 4 Anticipation Thread

Post by stickertraders »

stickee wrote:
stickertraders wrote:I got all the way to paying then it moves you back to the OG site to confirm, then I got a "Item No available in your cat" message. Oh so close, better luck next time.
your cat will probably feel better now they have removed the print from it

you should avoid the backdoor process to gain prints, the end result is always a sh!tty mess :lol:
:wink: :lol:
http://stickertraders.com (Trade Stickers with the World)
jecapaga
Swindler

Re:

Post by jecapaga »

Mad Daego wrote:Why bicker amongst one another? Fact remains that many of us spent upwards of 9 hours waiting on this, stressing, turning our day upside down, only to be thwarted by a frustrating cart that need not be so. I sacrificed a lot of things today to be at a terminal and am not alone. I made it most of the way through paypal 9 times, got back to the SQL error page once, and never scored. That's bogus man, period. My head is pounding and this half bottle of wine hasn't made a dent yet. And I don't even drink!

What we should be doing is figuring out how to score and sharing experience. For those who did, what was the last page you saw, and how long did you let it sit. I let the OG SQL error page sit, the one that says , "Your order is processing..." or whatever for about 4 minutes. Many of us make it that far. What can we determine this page REALLY means.

1. Does it mean wait?
2. Should we reload it?
3. Should we go back a page and try again?

Also, for those wondering about Firefox timeouts, changing this is SUPER easy. Just google it and the process takes like 4 seconds.

All I can say is that I left paypal to the confirm on OG and hit submit only to have it forever timeout. I refreshed that page about 6 times over 15 mins and had to go so I called it a day. Not sure what I could've done to make the sale go through..start over?
Mad Daego
Posse

Re:

Post by Mad Daego »

Gigantico wrote:Cheezed off?
Yeah, whoever did all of the exploitive swaps on this board's admin terminal was someone's Mormon aunt from 1964.

I wonder what happens when I actually type annoyed or frankfurter. Does is switch back to pis-sed or fuc-ked?

Edit: No, no it does not. Cruel world.
circa77
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by circa77 »

Mad Daego wrote:
Yeah, whoever did all of the exploitive swaps on this board's admin terminal was someone's Mormon aunt from 1964.

I wonder what happens when I actually type annoyed or frankfurter. Does is switch back to pis-sed or fuc-ked?

Edit: No, no it does not. Cruel world.

HEY! Don't knock 1964! Jean-Paul Sartre and MLK Jr. won Noble prizes that year. It was a good year, so I'm told.
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

Hey looks like you guys had another interesting day/night . I crashed. Was too tired for the battle.
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Post by TheOmethod »

SF finished signing the edition today and I numbered them tonight. They should be shipping soon, Enjoy!
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

TheOmethod wrote:SF finished signing the edition today and I numbered them tonight. They should be shipping soon, Enjoy!
I was not lucky enough to have landed one today graced with your numbering. But the hunt is what makes the victory so sweet when you score a print off OG.

O - Have you numbered anything else recently or a hint of what you might be numbering in the future? :wink:
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

Mad Daego wrote:

HAHA! I can already imagine you blowing a gasket over "K-Fed."

I used to loathe the sin filter, but it has crept into my vernacular. I now use poodle and crepe quite regularly.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Well how hard was that last night! I got through to submit button pretty quick and was stuck reloading that for about 45mins. Roll on Peace Guard! :)
circa77
Giant

Re:

Post by circa77 »

slidingaround wrote:Well how hard was that last night! I got through to submit button pretty quick and was stuck reloading that for about 45mins. Roll on Peace Guard! :)

Its crazy to think that you already went to sleep and woke up. I haven't gone to sleep yet, but I'm about to.
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
fdavis138
Posse

Post by fdavis138 »

I don't know what is going on with my home connection. Even with a mac and PC running I'm have not been able to score a print. On the other hand, on my work connection, which seems slow as garbage, I have got everything I've tried for. Last night I made it through fast then could not get a page to refresh for 45min, then made it submit page only to have the submit button not work twice, say there was an error, and then say sold out. I've learned not to take it to hard, but the non working submit button is a cruel joke
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

propogandadan1 wrote:
stickee wrote:
propogandadan1 wrote:Great day for me...scored this and got a Bad Brains delivered to me, for the cost of what DOH4 will probably sell for.
the badbarains tinman was offering?
Correct, indirectly through tinman.
Congrats, I had been talking to the girl selling it, but she wanted me to wire some money to her and I kinda felt sketched out. Great price, post some pics when ya get it. That print is on top of my want list.
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

One window seems to work best for me. Just letting it sit and load and then refreshing if the server goes away. The more windows or tabs the less likely I am to score a print.
Submit. Rapture.
strangeloop
Swindler

Post by strangeloop »

admonkey wrote:
strangeloop wrote:Just think:

At least 450 people trying to get one for 6 hours = 2700 hours of our lives wasted.
That's 112. 5 days out of our life. Just sayin's all. :P
You still owe me ten bucks.
Hee hee.

Send me your Paypal user id and password. I'll make sure it gets in there. :mrgreen:
skoola
Giant

Re:

Post by skoola »

MunkeyPants wrote:One window seems to work best for me. Just letting it sit and load and then refreshing if the server goes away. The more windows or tabs the less likely I am to score a print.
yes exactly, i probably go 2 windows max, and don't constantly refresh...let the page work and refresh only when it times out

i have hit the submit order button before and the page was cranking for a good 10 min. only to crash but the order still went through...if i would have been refreshing the whole time i probably would not have scored the print
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

strangeloop wrote:
admonkey wrote:
strangeloop wrote:Just think:

At least 450 people trying to get one for 6 hours = 2700 hours of our lives wasted.
That's 112. 5 days out of our life. Just sayin's all. :P
You still owe me ten bucks.
Hee hee.

Send me your Paypal user id and password. I'll make sure it gets in there. :mrgreen:
admonkey at thegiant dot org. :lol:
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
mikey c
Posse

Post by mikey c »

skoola wrote:yes exactly, i probably go 2 windows max, and don't constantly refresh...let the page work and refresh only when it times out

i have hit the submit order button before and the page was cranking for a good 10 min. only to crash but the order still went through...if i would have been refreshing the whole time i probably would not have scored the print
That's pretty much exactly what I do. I always let the pages load, I never refresh before it times out. And anyone running more than two windows is just shooting us all in the face. I rarely even use two, one has gotten me about four prints.
H2KOG
Swindler

Post by H2KOG »

skoola wrote: i have hit the submit order button before and the page was cranking for a good 10 min. only to crash but the order still went through...if i would have been refreshing the whole time i probably would not have scored the print
I had the same happen on DOTD.
-what else can a poor boy do..
Obama '08
SYPRUX
Posse

Post by SYPRUX »

Someone would be kind to tell me when this f*cking print has been droped? I have wait 4 hours and I have been to sleep after. It was 00h30. Bored to loose my time in front of a computer.....
blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

Post by blazedoutbee »

Agh the French
cybernigel
Giant

Re:

Post by cybernigel »

SYPRUX wrote:Someone would be kind to tell me when this f*cking print has been droped? I have wait 4 hours and I have been to sleep after. It was 00h30. Bored to loose my time in front of a computer.....
Yesterday at about 4:30 Pacific Standard Time.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
brintoul
Giant

Re:

Post by brintoul »

MunkeyPants wrote:One window seems to work best for me. Just letting it sit and load and then refreshing if the server goes away. The more windows or tabs the less likely I am to score a print.
I've been advocating this methodology for months. Constant refreshing will get you nowhere fast.

(And when you get the crash coming back from PayPal, LOOK FOR THE TOKEN IN THE ADDRESS BAR FOR frankfurter'S SAKE!!)
Posse

Post by Brianxyz72 »

brintoul wrote:
I've been advocating this methodology for months. Constant refreshing will get you nowhere fast.

(And when you get the crash coming back from PayPal, LOOK FOR THE TOKEN IN THE ADDRESS BAR FOR frankfurter'S SAKE!!)
Maybe this is a silly question, but as I'm brain damaged from yesterdays drop, I'll ask it anyway: Is the token the whole address listed in the bar or just part of it? Is there any special way to use it?
EFE
Giant

Post by EFE »

Crashed 2 times when getting back from PP.Went to bed at 03:00 and woke up 06:00 and worked for 8 hours and now Iam frankfurter.Gonna smoke some grass and sleep!! Congrats toeveryone scoring one.I have to check e bay for it FFS to make the set complete.
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Post by MrMurk »

Look for something like this:

****h**p://obeygiant.com/store/payment/ps_paypal_pro.php?mode=express_return&token=EC-0YN12513****
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" Albert Einstein

Black Book Gallery | Instagram