Shepard Arrested in Boston

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
pitviper
Posse

Shepard Arrested in Boston

Post by pitviper »

Did anyone else see this?? Does anyone know why??

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massac ... paign=8315" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.kostich.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
grafflife
Punk

Re: Shepard Arrested in Boston

Post by grafflife »

They've been talking about it in the ICA thread.
pitviper
Posse

Post by pitviper »

sorry.. didn't see that... please close if necessary....
submit
The Reason

Post by submit »

I heard he strangled a hooker!
avoid disappointment and future regret
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Publicity stunt. The cops had all week to arrest him or even after the show.
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

sucks for all the people who drove up from other states to see this
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
toyroom
Giant

Post by toyroom »

Arrested Shepard?

They should've given him the key to the city.
Raggadrop
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by Raggadrop »

robotoil wrote:Publicity stunt. The cops had all week to arrest him or even after the show.
Totally agree. Police take their time arresting Boston politicians, but graffiti artists...
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re:

Post by admonkey »

robotoil wrote:Publicity stunt. The cops had all week to arrest him or even after the show.
I assume you mean that it was the police who were looking for publicity; otherwise, how do you get the police to participate in a publicity stunt that results in an actual arrest and booking of someone-- because there are a few "publicity stunts" I'd like to pull on people. :lol:
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
JVB
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by JVB »

admonkey wrote:
I assume you mean that it was the police who were looking for publicity; otherwise, how do you get the police to participate in a publicity stunt that results in an actual arrest and booking of someone-- because there are a few "publicity stunts" I'd like to pull on people. :lol:
Haha.

I imagine he meant something along the lines of...

Shep knew he was going to get arrested (and after 14 times probably didn't care, personally i don't think jail cells are that bad, although the blankets are scratchy and the bologna sandwiches taste like cardboard) and turned himself in, on the grounds that the police would come up to his party and publicly arrest him in front of everybody, that way shep could A.) have news vans on site, thereby getting publicity which would B.) maintain his street cred.
"Barbarians in fur coats are still barbarians."
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

Disclaimer: I don't edit my collections on here anymore. I prefer to be mysterious. Kind of like that burning sensation... Which one gifted me that?
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

JVB wrote:
admonkey wrote:
Haha.

Shep knew he was going to get arrested (and after 14 times probably didn't care, personally i don't think jail cells are that bad, although the blankets are scratchy and the bologna sandwiches taste like cardboard) and turned himself in, on the grounds that the police would come up to his party and publicly arrest him in front of everybody, that way shep could A.) have news vans on site, thereby getting publicity which would B.) maintain his street cred.
You're kidding, right?
Our influence will be gigantic.
JVB
Giant

Post by JVB »

ca77 wrote:
JVB wrote:
admonkey wrote:
Haha.

You're kidding, right?
About which part? The blankets? No, those really are scratchy.
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

Disclaimer: I don't edit my collections on here anymore. I prefer to be mysterious. Kind of like that burning sensation... Which one gifted me that?
comiconart
Propaganda Engineer

Post by comiconart »

It was a pulicity stunt for the Boston PD. They could have arrested him at any time...Shep has been in Boston for weeks now. They chose to arrest him at a time and place to get a lot of press out of it. Pathetic.
JVB
Giant

Post by JVB »

comiconart wrote:It was a pulicity stunt for the Boston PD. They could have arrested him at any time...Shep has been in Boston for weeks now. They chose to arrest him at a time and place to get a lot of press out of it. Pathetic.
I wouldn't think so. They chose to wait until after his lectures to arrest him - so what if he didn't dj? At least he wasn't speaking to trustees, directors, etc. If anything, they arrested him because they KNEW where he'd be at a certain time, and it was his last confirmed location in Boston. If anything, waiting was a good thing on their part, however for all they knew he could have been booked on the next flight out after his dj gig, so they had to get him. Makes complete sense.
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

Raggadrop
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Raggadrop »

If you were at the lecture the other night, Shep quipped about our mayor allowing him to put a mural on city hall stating something like, "...I guess Menino hadn't done much research on me and my arrest record...". I could see the mayor staging something like this in retaliation. I'm sure the cops could care less...though he did allude to the fact that he had done some illegal installations. Anyway, hopefully this doesn't overshadow the significance of the show.
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

JVB wrote:
ca77 wrote:
JVB wrote:
admonkey wrote:
Haha.

You're kidding, right?
About which part? The blankets? No, those really are scratchy.
:lol: :lol:
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh10 ... ADCAST.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pitviper
Posse

Post by pitviper »

admonkey wrote:
And I don't think that Shep is in need of any more publicity. It would seem to me that he has been going from one main event to another. I have met Shep and he seems to be very down to earth. I can see him going to jail to make an artistic statement; but he just doesn't seem the type to go to jail for recognition.
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

the cops probably waited till late friday in hopes of him being stuck in there for the weekend
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
submit
The Reason

Post by submit »

no, silly...they wait til friday cuz thats when jesus was cruxified.

those pigs are poetic fuggers
avoid disappointment and future regret
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

I think the AP is behind this. Really p!ssed off at him and it's been a sloooow news week, so why not make some news?
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
pitviper
Posse

Post by pitviper »

Hey... what happened to the Bad Brains anticipation thread.... did I miss something?
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Post by mose »

pitviper wrote:Hey... what happened to the Bad Brains anticipation thread.... did I miss something?
nope, still around. I was tired of looking at it as a sticky. It'll be re-stuck when a release date is announced.
hot cargo
Punk

Post by hot cargo »

cant believe they arrested Shepard before the show. man i was mad ,hehe
want it to see him very bad. but yeah the show went on with DJ Z-Trip who rock the house, and after many drinks i did not care,hehe
gallery was a super trip, tons of killer pieces and the 18x24 prints wall was out of this world.
well i hope Shep is doing ok , it was a good show anyway.
for me, it's not what you know about art,
it's what you love about it.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

You guys crack me up. :lol:
DZEL
Giant

Post by DZEL »

FREE SHEEPDOG!!!