OFFICIAL Japanese Fabric Pattern Set ANTICIPATION THREAD

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
extremeimages77
Giant

Re: OFFICIAL Japanese Fabric Pattern Set ANTICIPATION THREAD

Post by extremeimages77 »

OBEY_LE wrote:
slidingaround wrote:
OBEY_LE wrote:Not really impressed wouldn't take long to knock this up in illustrator!
Probably not much quicker than your avatar! Does'nt really mean anything does it? :)
But im not trying to sell you my avatar for 50 dollars! am i blud?

And for your information avatar is from the stock ones on this bitchy forum site.
remind me again why your here???oh you must be looking for your buddy baxter...
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
libertarian
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Re:

Post by libertarian »

Huh? I think you're confusing me with the other fellow.
JVB wrote:
libertarian wrote:Not all posts need to be responded to...the easiest way to avoid the escalation of senseless fracii (plural of "fracas"??)

Something I'm trying to practice a bit more each day.
Yeah, well why don't you go and do that then and staple it to your forehead, instead of bitching, on illustrator, with no message... and... ummm.... yeah.

:D
add 'em
Swindler

Re:

Post by add 'em »

hercylicious wrote:Nice , Always wanted to add a pattern set to my collection
add 'em subtract 'em
JVB
Giant

Post by JVB »

libertarian wrote:Huh? I think you're confusing me with the other fellow.
JVB wrote:
libertarian wrote:Not all posts need to be responded to...the easiest way to avoid the escalation of senseless fracii (plural of "fracas"??)

Yeah, well why don't you go and do that then and staple it to your forehead, instead of bitching, on illustrator, with no message... and... ummm.... yeah.

No confusion, just trying to crack a joke...
"Barbarians in fur coats are still barbarians."
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

Disclaimer: I don't edit my collections on here anymore. I prefer to be mysterious. Kind of like that burning sensation... Which one gifted me that?
adambad
Giant

Post by adambad »

JVB wrote:
libertarian wrote:Huh? I think you're confusing me with the other fellow.
JVB wrote:

No confusion, just trying to crack a joke...
i got it...the joke that is.
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

peeps need to simmer down!
i'm proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.
mksound
Propaganda Engineer

Post by mksound »

I'm in. I like the Turkish pattern way more, but I'll go for these.
synecdoche
Posse

Post by synecdoche »

prints on paper or prints on fabric?
rumspring
Giant

Post by rumspring »

+1 Count me in. I want them.

I won't argue with anyone that doesn't like these pattern prints. Won't help me if they end up changing their minds. Less enthusiasm just means less competition for me when I try to get them on Friday.

Has anyone found any info about a black set? Or possibly a black and red set like the 06 florals? I think I would like them better in black and red.

P.S. Maybe someone should switch to tea. It worked for me.
JVB
Giant

Re:

Post by JVB »

synecdoche wrote:prints on paper or prints on fabric?
Or fabric on paper! Hopefully they're flocked!
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

Disclaimer: I don't edit my collections on here anymore. I prefer to be mysterious. Kind of like that burning sensation... Which one gifted me that?
gpt104
Giant

Post by gpt104 »

rumspring wrote:+1 Count me in. I want them.

I won't argue with anyone that doesn't like these pattern prints. Won't help me if they end up changing their minds. Less enthusiasm just means less competition for me when I try to get them on Friday.

Has anyone found any info about a black set? Or possibly a black and red set like the 06 florals? I think I would like them better in black and red.

P.S. Maybe someone should switch to tea. It worked for me.
+1 , its a N-O-O-B, he'll change or leave and no one will really care. Let's move on

I'm trying for it - agree on wishing 2 were black and 2 were red - similar to how he has been showing the Turkish and Indian Pattern HPMs lately.
Collection & Wants: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=3093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JVB
Giant

Post by JVB »

rumspring wrote: P.S. Maybe someone should switch to tea. It worked for me.
Just stay away from the Yerba Mate... because that's what I drink, and if you normally drink coffee, Mate would be like the A-Rod of coffees
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

Edition of 100.
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

Keep in mind that, in true DIY fashion, every piece of art that Shepard makes pays for itself. These, I'm sure, are destined to be a part of large-scale murals and fine art pieces. The spares are likely being sold just to cover the cost of the printing of what are, most certainly, "texture" pieces that the world will soon be seeing as a part of larger works.

Don't forget the lesson of the Yen: http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php?p=55951#p55951" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And whether or not you think you could knock something out just like them in Illustrator in five minutes' time, you didn't and people wouldn't buy them from you even if you had.

My advice is, dive in on Friday if you like it, pass on it if you don't.

Personally, I'm hoping most of you opt out.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
rumspring
Giant

Post by rumspring »

So, are these going to be sold as a set of four? Or are they sold individually?

If they are sold individually, it must be just about impossible to get all four???
rumspring
Giant

Post by rumspring »

rumspring wrote:So, are these going to be sold as a set of four?
I guess that may be a dumb question since they are listed on the main page as a "set of 4"... but I thought I would ask how the other pattern sets have been sold in the past.

I tried to get Rose Girl and Obey Art Basel both when they were released at the same time. I accidentally ended up getting two orders for Art Basel through and they canceled the duplicate. I was very disappointed. I won't have multiple browser windows open this time around...
JVB
Giant

Post by JVB »

rumspring wrote:
... but I thought I would ask how the other pattern sets have been sold in the past.
Floral was sold as a full set. Yen was sold individually.
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

It's a set. Yeah, most new releases are restricted to one per customer.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

I would hope they would only sell as a set, trying to add 4 prints separately with he cart system would be nuts.

Next question why are these not in different colors. I think a black set or a black gold set would be sick
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

jwoods103 wrote:Next question why are these not in different colors. I think a black set or a black gold set would be sick
Simple answer: probably because Shepard only had a need for 1-color textures in his work.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

admonkey wrote:
jwoods103 wrote:Next question why are these not in different colors. I think a black set or a black gold set would be sick
Simple answer: probably because Shepard only had a need for 1-color textures in his work.
Other colours would be nice, id be happy with these though!
mksound
Propaganda Engineer

Post by mksound »

admonkey wrote:
But in the description they go out of their way to say "Red". The floral pattern set had double the amount of prints in it, including black ones. Surely this means there's chance of another color set being released?
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

mksound wrote:
admonkey wrote:
But in the description they go out of their way to say "Red". The floral pattern set had double the amount of prints in it, including black ones. Surely this means there's chance of another color set being released?
If i was a betting man (and i am) i would say there will be more colours, anyone wanna bet? :)
JVB
Giant

Post by JVB »

slidingaround wrote:
mksound wrote:
admonkey wrote:
If i was a betting man (and i am) i would say there will be more colours, anyone wanna bet? :)
That sir, is a bet that i would be stupid to accept.
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Re:

Post by Patillac13 »

admonkey wrote:Keep in mind that, in true DIY fashion, every piece of art that Shepard makes pays for itself. These, I'm sure, are destined to be a part of large-scale murals and fine art pieces. The spares are likely being sold just to cover the cost of the printing of what are, most certainly, "texture" pieces that the world will soon be seeing as a part of larger works.
Black and Red coming soon... probably :D

These patterns were used all over Boston, looking very nice in my opinion, the flickr pool shows them in their full glory:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/obeyboston/pool/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

© All rights reserved. Taken from Hargo's Photostream on flickr.

(I hope the other pattern behind the Muslim Woman piece will be made into a print as well!)
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!