The Giant Photo Contest!

Mindless Chatter - Not related? Post it here.
fukum
Posse

The Giant Photo Contest!

Post by fukum »

Since there is no real way to confirm when a photo is take. Submit what you think is your best photo taken in the last five years. There is no theme for this contest so feel free to send over any photo B&W or color.
No Photo manipulation. Last day to submit entries will be April 5th at Midnight and a poll will be put up on the 6th. Poll will run for 1 week and the winner will receive an unsigned Peel print.

Please include the following with you submission.

- Your forum user name
-Camera used
-Any description you may have (not necessary)
-Photo attached to email

Email entry to twelve1981@yahoo.com

Looking forwad to seeing what everyone has to enter! :D

If I missed any thing let me know.
Last edited by fukum on Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fukum
Posse

Post by fukum »

edit
Last edited by fukum on Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Backpackpunk
Giant

Re: The Giant Photo Contest!

Post by Backpackpunk »

By no Photo shop do you mean no photo editing at all or just photo shop specifically?
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

alright... here is my daughter getting pumped up for her Hello Kissy party....

-this contest is obviously over.... so no need for a poll... what is the next contest?

:lol: :lol: :lol: ec
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
fukum
Posse

Post by fukum »

Backpackpunk wrote:By no Photo shop do you mean no photo editing at all or just photo shop specifically?
No Photo editing
mention
Propaganda Engineer

Post by mention »

fukum wrote:
Backpackpunk wrote:By no Photo shop do you mean no photo editing at all or just photo shop specifically?
No Photo editing
Is cropping ok?
ponygirrl
Swindler

Post by ponygirrl »

hahah, love it EC :)
nuthin' gold can stay...
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

fukum wrote:
No Photo editing
well i shoot in all RAW which requires photo editing. i think you should change the rule to no photo manipulation because exposure/contrast/white levels/etc are all considered photo editing and if we can't do any of that then i'm out.
fukum
Posse

Post by fukum »

fribhey wrote:
fukum wrote:
No Photo editing
well i shoot in all RAW which requires photo editing. i think you should change the rule to no photo manipulation because exposure/contrast/white levels/etc are all considered photo editing and if we can't do any of that then i'm out.

Got Yah! The way I see it is if your working in a dark room then yes you do have to work somethings out but if your shooting digital then the shot you get is the shot you get.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

fukum wrote:
fribhey wrote:
fukum wrote:
No Photo editing

Got Yah! The way I see it is if your working in a dark room then yes you do have to work somethings out but if your shooting digital then the shot you get is the shot you get.
actually if you shoot in digital then the shot you get is not always the shot you get. RAW is a digital file which is equivalent to a film negative and the computer is equivalent to darkroom... my digital camera shoots in RAW and in order to get the final image it needs to be edited ("developed") in photoshop/lightroom/aperture/etc.
fukum
Posse

Post by fukum »

fribhey wrote:
fukum wrote:
fribhey wrote:
fukum wrote:
No Photo editing

actually if you shoot in digital then the shot you get is not always the shot you get. RAW is a digital file which is equivalent to a film negative and the computer is equivalent to darkroom... my digital camera shoots in RAW and in order to get the final image it needs to be edited ("developed") in photoshop/lightroom/aperture/etc.
Cool. Im not much of a photo guru and didnt really want there to be that much of a problem with people entering in photos. So anyone can send in anything they want. Just no crazy photoshopped sh!t. PEACE.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Took this a couple of months ago, flying to Barcelona, Spain.

conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

slidingaround wrote:Took this a couple of months ago, flying to Barcelona, Spain.
cool. i love taking photos from planes. here are a few i took:
http://www.johngrayson.com/photos/airplanes/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

fribhey wrote:
slidingaround wrote:Took this a couple of months ago, flying to Barcelona, Spain.
http://www.johngrayson.com/photos/airplanes/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
that bottom ones cool fribhey
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

extremeimages77 wrote:
fribhey wrote:
that bottom ones cool fribhey
thanks, this one is my favorite:
http://www.suffocate.us/index.php?showimage=114" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

here are a couple other ones:
http://www.suffocate.us/index.php?showimage=128" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.suffocate.us/index.php?showimage=193" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

fribhey wrote:
Yeah me too.
Some great pics you got there.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

This one is cool:
http://www.suffocate.us/index.php?showimage=114" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is that a reflection on the wing?
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re:

Post by conartstudio »

slidingaround wrote:This one is cool:

Is that a reflection on the wing?
no, that's the landscape somewhere over middle america
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

What are the big black lines, road, river, trees? Looks pretty cool.
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

fribhey wrote:
Some nice pics there guys...do you have a secret to getting shooting around the cr@p on the windows? CP filter or something similar? I too love shooting pics out the window of a plane, but can't get around the nasty stuff in between the windows or all the scratches on the window. thx!
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

DunDun wrote:Some nice pics there guys...do you have a secret to getting shooting around the cr@p on the windows? CP filter or something similar? I too love shooting pics out the window of a plane, but can't get around the nasty stuff in between the windows or all the scratches on the window. thx!
are you using a point and shoot or slr/dslr? it has to do with depth of field. the problem with a point and shoot is that it has a limited zoom range and a very big depth of field which will pick up on the window as well as what's past the window. with a slr/dslr you can zoom past the window and the depth of field will be past the window and any marks on the window won't be seen. because a point and shoot has a large depth of field everything is usually in focus (the subject, the foreground and background) but with a slr/dslr you can shorten the depth of field depending on the focal length and aperture. when you have a short depth of field the background is blurred out which is called bokeh and the foreground is to close to be even picked up by the lens. with a dslr you can take photos out of a house window without seeing the screen on the window or stand behind a chain linked fence without seeing the fence in the shot, it's all because you are zooming past the foreground objects and eliminating them from the depth of field.

does that make sense?
DART
Swindler

Post by DART »

I had the taxi pull over on the way out of the Denver from the DNC. I know one day this will become a classic. let me know what you think.

MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

Is it the 6th yet? dang... I wanna see some pix. lol
Submit. Rapture.
fukum
Posse

Re:

Post by fukum »

MunkeyPants wrote:Is it the 6th yet? dang... I wanna see some pix. lol
Hahaha. Its been alittle to long.

Maybe some people can send in some pics :?: :!:

Only got a couple of entries.
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

Entered :D
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!