OFFICIAL: Peace Elephant anticipation thread

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
tommy armageddon
Swindler

Re: OFFICIAL: Peace Elephant anticipation thread

Post by tommy armageddon »

Crashing Bore wrote:Anyone not get their OG receipt? Only paypal for me...
if your talking about the one after you hit submit, i got one, came right up. probably the first one i got in the last 4 purchases.
idolize
Posse

Post by idolize »

I got screwed again peace out
stuckeyc37
Propaganda Engineer

Post by stuckeyc37 »

First time i couldn't even get a print into my cart. Who wants to flip it?
brintoul
Giant

Post by brintoul »

I submitted with the Paypal token like 100 times and never saw the final submit.
Swindler

Post by H2KOG »

I will trade my WBN Offset or Bad Brains print for this.
-what else can a poor boy do..
Obama '08
Brianxyz72
Posse

Post by Brianxyz72 »

distract wrote:So whats the trick once you hit submit? do you refresh once it doesn't take? or do you go back a page to hit it again (if the screen loads)?
frankfurter the submit button. and frankfurter the paypal screen. I no luck for me the whole year...
MUZZY
Posse

Post by MUZZY »

order 20581!! fingers crossed for no refunds. paypal email and og invoice screen. everyone should know in about a week on refunds if any......
idolize
Posse

Re:

Post by idolize »

brintoul wrote:I submitted with the Paypal token like 100 times and never saw the final submit.
I saw it but it was dead didn't do anything for me
creestofer
Propaganda Engineer

Post by creestofer »

congrats to all who scored. i really need to brush up on my skills.. i think doh4 was the last print i got
it seems to me that to call an achieved work 'good art' and an unachieved work 'bad art,' is like calling one color 'good red' and another 'bad red' when the second one is green.
polarbear
Swindler

Re:

Post by polarbear »

displaced bear wrote:never ever got back from paypal. had it in my cart since the beginning too. so frustrated :o ( i hate when they do announced dates random times. instead of waiting around all day.
AbsentOne
Swindler

Re: Re:

Post by AbsentOne »

Perhaps some AP's?
fribhey wrote:
AbsentOne wrote:RIGHT ON!!!!!!
don't get too excited. the earliest # i've seen is 2014x and you had 20599, that's 450+ prints sold.... which means it's either a run of 500 or it oversold by a decent amount.
jfevre
Swindler

Post by jfevre »

Sorry, one of the products you have in cart is out of stock.
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

oh well garbage happens. Night all.
Bobak
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Bobak »

Classic OG.com BS, glad I didn't plan my day around this. LOL. Oh well. Take care everyone.
Last edited by Bobak on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
choisez
Punk

Post by choisez »

H2KOG wrote:durn I got a error on page on the submit page, had to try again from the start, should I have just stayed on that page and continued to try the submit button?
distract wrote:So whats the trick once you hit submit? do you refresh once it doesn't take? or do you go back a page to hit it again (if the screen loads)?
I made it pretty smoothly through PayPal and back, but once I got to the "Submit" button, it was a slow death. I clicked "Submit" and then I just kept refreshing over and over again until it finally expired from my cart.

Sometimes, I'd go from "http://obeygiant.com/store/payment/payment_cc.php" back to "http://obeygiant.com/store/cart.php?mode=checkout" and see the "Submit" button again, so I manually pasted and clicked the previous page to refresh hell.

Ugh.

I'm guessing everyone either made it through the same hurdle or didn't.

Looks like it's off to the secondary market for me.

And IMHO, I'd rather go through scheduled drops, instead of spending all day in waiting.

Times like this, really puts the sting into collecting Shepard's prints. Only the strong survive, huh?

-Eddy
swellstylez
Posse

Re:

Post by swellstylez »

brintoul wrote:I submitted with the Paypal token like 100 times and never saw the final submit.
My Obey Collection: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=538" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
anodyne13
Grumpy Old Man

Post by anodyne13 »

Quick Strategy Question...I got my token coming back from paypal, but could never get OG page to accept so I kept refreshing the Token URL, but it didnt work. Are you not supposed to keep refreshing the token if it doesnt work the first time?
creestofer
Propaganda Engineer

Post by creestofer »

is there any rhyme or reason as to when prints are put up on ducky waddles? first and only time i got lucky on that site was with peace tree a looong time ago
it seems to me that to call an achieved work 'good art' and an unachieved work 'bad art,' is like calling one color 'good red' and another 'bad red' when the second one is green.
Reverend ToneZone
Giant

Re:

Post by Reverend ToneZone »

I hit submit like 100 times and didn't get sh!t.
Check out the collection, wants, trades, and feedback . . .
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=8633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong." -George Carlin R.I.P.
word13
Swindler

Post by word13 »

its still up on my screen?
cookies maybe?
I have a problem... I have an addiction... I'm all F*ckd Up... Stop asking me too buy your prints! because I will... I have no self control...
tommy armageddon
Swindler

Post by tommy armageddon »

does anyone think there is a system in scoring prints? if you do please don't give it away, iv'e been having good luck.

does anyone think it's a skill, like do you think every time you try you get better?
brintoul
Giant

Post by brintoul »

choisez wrote:
H2KOG wrote:durn I got a error on page on the submit page, had to try again from the start, should I have just stayed on that page and continued to try the submit button?
I made it pretty smoothly through PayPal and back, but once I got to the "Submit" button, it was a slow death. I clicked "Submit" and then I just kept refreshing over and over again until it finally expired from my cart.

Sometimes, I'd go from "http://obeygiant.com/store/payment/payment_cc.php" back to "http://obeygiant.com/store/cart.php?mode=checkout" and see the "Submit" button again, so I manually pasted and clicked the previous page to refresh hell.

Ugh.

I'm guessing everyone either made it through the same hurdle or didn't.

Looks like it's off to the secondary market for me.

And IMHO, I'd rather go through scheduled drops, instead of spending all day in waiting.

Times like this, really puts the sting into collecting Shepard's prints. Only the strong survive, huh?

-Eddy
If you go to "http://obeygiant.com/store/payment/payment_cc.php" and nothing is being submitted to the server (it's not asking for permission to "resend"), you're just wasting connections and bandwidth.
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

mention wrote:
admonkey wrote:
mention wrote:Good luck everyone!!!
30 Minute Ban by acclamation of the membership.

Didn't mean to pizs everyone off. I really did bag a print that early. Got a small pack of stickers too.

So quick to crucify! :roll:
ianwhite310 wrote:
Shonquan wrote:It popped up for me guys and I got one. Just got paypal confirm. Not BSing either
Think they're talking about you not the others in your office. Thought you got one? BAN!!
I also didnt mean to pis$ anyone off with my early "got one" post. Some people need to calm down with the "BAN"s though
djayresq
Propaganda Engineer

Post by djayresq »

I added it to my cart so many time but every time it would say i have an empty cart and i couldn't gt to paypal! that sucked!
How will we ever know how to get up, If we don't know how to get down!
shawndoc
Posse

Post by shawndoc »

Dang it. Went away from the computer after refreshing all day just to have it drop.