OFFICIAL: Peace Elephant anticipation thread

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
brintoul
Giant

Re:

Post by brintoul »

anodyne13 wrote:Quick Strategy Question...I got my token coming back from paypal, but could never get OG page to accept so I kept refreshing the Token URL, but it didnt work. Are you not supposed to keep refreshing the token if it doesnt work the first time?
I believe so. But as I stated earlier, I still didn't get through.
Posse

Re:

Post by idolize »

tommy armageddon wrote:does anyone think there is a system in scoring prints? if you do please don't give it away, iv'e been having good luck.

does anyone think it's a skill, like do you think every time you try you get better?
I used to get them on a regular basis this year I got one, and passed on Guerrilla1 and Bad Brains
choisez
Punk

Re: OFFICIAL: Peace Elephant anticipation thread

Post by choisez »

mention wrote:
distract wrote:So whats the trick once you hit submit? do you refresh once it doesn't take? or do you go back a page to hit it again (if the screen loads)?
I always go back.
I'll try that next time.

I sound like an addict.

"Why can't I quit you?!" Ha, ha.

-Eddy
adambad
Giant

Post by adambad »

2 Questions:

how many of the people that were asking for random drops and DIDNT score still want random drops?

and

how many of the people that were asking for random drops and DID score still want random drops?

not that it makes a bit of difference...
Last edited by adambad on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jak88
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by jak88 »

swellstylez wrote:
brintoul wrote:I submitted with the Paypal token like 100 times and never saw the final submit.
Same here ... 45 minutes trying to do final click after PayPal ... and finally reached an empty cart.

So ... my question ... WHY does Obey need to have that final return to its store? CLICK confirm on PayPal and it should be done. There is NO reason for that final page at the Store.
MUZZY
Posse

Post by MUZZY »

thats crazy, so that really was up earlier for some than others?
eljimmy
Swindler

Post by eljimmy »

funkguru wrote:
eljimmy wrote:I think I got it. It's gonna look good between 2 of these!!
Is that a red "Peace Bomber" stamp on it? Where did you score that? sick!
Got it screened at a Obama event that Shep sponsored. He dug it and signed it right off the press.
jandrisani
Posse

Post by jandrisani »

got back from paypal but submit wouldnt go though. tried and triend and tried. backed out and tired again.

oh well, good luck to all who got a paypal email.

maybe ill grab a big proof and hope they mess up the order :)
shawndoc
Posse

Post by shawndoc »

Really wanted this one for my wife. Any offers from anyone wanting to sell me theirs? PM
displaced bear
Propaganda Engineer

Post by displaced bear »

Everyone would prefer truly random (as in random day and time and no announcement of any sort of print release) or just an announced date and time (so we can just rumble and find out quickly instead of waiting around all day).
brintoul
Giant

Post by brintoul »

jak88 wrote:
swellstylez wrote:
brintoul wrote:I submitted with the Paypal token like 100 times and never saw the final submit.
Same here ... 45 minutes trying to do final click after PayPal ... and finally reached an empty cart.

So ... my question ... WHY does Obey need to have that final return to its store? CLICK confirm on PayPal and it should be done. There is NO reason for that final page at the Store.
Please see here: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd= ... ingStarted" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Posse

Post by Brianxyz72 »

Shonquan wrote:
mention wrote:
admonkey wrote:
mention wrote:Good luck everyone!!!
30 Minute Ban by acclamation of the membership.

Didn't mean to pizs everyone off. I really did bag a print that early. Got a small pack of stickers too.

So quick to crucify! :roll:
ianwhite310 wrote:
Shonquan wrote:It popped up for me guys and I got one. Just got paypal confirm. Not BSing either
Think they're talking about you not the others in your office. Thought you got one? BAN!!
I also didnt mean to pis$ anyone off with my early "got one" post. Some people need to calm down with the "BAN"s though
BAN!
:lol: Just kidding.
jak88
Giant

Post by jak88 »

brintoul wrote:
anodyne13 wrote:Quick Strategy Question...I got my token coming back from paypal, but could never get OG page to accept so I kept refreshing the Token URL, but it didnt work. Are you not supposed to keep refreshing the token if it doesnt work the first time?
for other drops I kept refreshing my token and eventually got it.

But this time no. So that approach works ... if you can get through the traffic jam.
brintoul
Giant

Post by brintoul »

jak88 wrote:
brintoul wrote:
for other drops I kept refreshing my token and eventually got it.

But this time no. So that approach works ... if you can get through the traffic jam.
Must be patient also.
Posse

Re:

Post by fdavis138 »

tommy armageddon wrote:does anyone think there is a system in scoring prints? if you do please don't give it away, iv'e been having good luck.

does anyone think it's a skill, like do you think every time you try you get better?
I've scored on different computers using different methods. I've also failed on different computers using different methods. As far as I can tell it's luck, at least in my experience.(unless of coarse you have a computer lab full of people f5ing away, then your odds are slightly increased).
sas
Posse

Post by sas »

Got an obey confirm and an order number - not sure if that means I got one or not, time to tuck kids into bed. Peace and hope many got one!!
Last edited by sas on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
choisez
Punk

Post by choisez »

brintoul wrote:
choisez wrote:
H2KOG wrote:durn I got a error on page on the submit page, had to try again from the start, should I have just stayed on that page and continued to try the submit button?
distract wrote:So whats the trick once you hit submit? do you refresh once it doesn't take? or do you go back a page to hit it again (if the screen loads)?
I made it pretty smoothly through PayPal and back, but once I got to the "Submit" button, it was a slow death. I clicked "Submit" and then I just kept refreshing over and over again until it finally expired from my cart.

Sometimes, I'd go from "http://obeygiant.com/store/payment/payment_cc.php" back to "http://obeygiant.com/store/cart.php?mode=checkout" and see the "Submit" button again, so I manually pasted and clicked the previous page to refresh hell.

Ugh.

I'm guessing everyone either made it through the same hurdle or didn't.

Looks like it's off to the secondary market for me.

And IMHO, I'd rather go through scheduled drops, instead of spending all day in waiting.

Times like this, really puts the sting into collecting Shepard's prints. Only the strong survive, huh?

-Eddy
If you go to "http://obeygiant.com/store/payment/payment_cc.php" and nothing is being submitted to the server (it's not asking for permission to "resend"), you're just wasting connections and bandwidth.
Let me clarify, I got stuck on "http://obeygiant.com/store/payment/payment_cc.php" after hitting "Submit" and sometimes, it'd take me back to the "http://obeygiant.com/store/cart.php?mode=checkout" url.

Either way, looks like I just wasted connections, bandwidth and my time.

-Eddy
fdavis138
Posse

Post by fdavis138 »

Anyone else surprised this took less than an hour to sell out?
Last edited by fdavis138 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
von_sieben
Punk

Post by von_sieben »

# 2056x

saw the og confirmation too, but the high number ..... oh well, i don´t think i made it this time ...
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

Just took a few minutees to cool off after hitting "submit" a few times and nada!!! I am sick of this $hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jak88
Giant

Post by jak88 »

brintoul wrote:
jak88 wrote:
swellstylez wrote:

Please see here: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd= ... ingStarted" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OK ... so I use PayPal Express Checkout ... which has worked fine for prior Obey print drops ... but not this time (probably due to massive traffic jam).

BUT question remains: why does OBEY need us to come back to their page just to click "confirm."

According to PayPal, in its Express Checkout work flow, "The buyer can then proceed to review the order on your site. You can include other necessary checkout steps."

BUT there really are no other "necessary checkout steps". All that can be done BEFORE we are sent to PayPal, making it the final step for payment. Done and done.
fdavis138
Posse

Post by fdavis138 »

mention
Propaganda Engineer

Post by mention »

jak88 wrote:
brintoul wrote:
jak88 wrote:
swellstylez wrote:

OK ... so I use PayPal Express Checkout ... which has worked fine for prior Obey print drops ... but not this time (probably due to massive traffic jam).

BUT question remains: why does OBEY need us to come back to their page just to click "confirm."

According to PayPal, in its Express Checkout work flow, "The buyer can then proceed to review the order on your site. You can include other necessary checkout steps."

BUT there really are no other "necessary checkout steps". All that can be done BEFORE we are sent to PayPal, making it the final step for payment. Done and done.
When it comes back, and you hit submit, it removes the print from the OG cart's inventory.
Last edited by mention on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

How long till the first one shows up on ebay? 20 minutes?
sti2relaxxin
Posse

Post by sti2relaxxin »

This world stinks. Congrats to everyone who scored a print!
I love my STi.