OFFICIAL: Peace Elephant anticipation thread

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
fdavis138
Posse

Re:

Post by fdavis138 »

rlbchef wrote:One just popped up for $600!?!
same guy that "sold" the one for 350
mention
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Re:

Post by mention »

fdavis138 wrote:
mention wrote:
sti2relaxxin wrote:Now it's at 265. This is ridiculous!
Yeah, I bet that other guy wishes he didn't list it for 350 BIN
I bet he dosen't sell it for 350 :roll:
Another listed for 6 now. Bunch of greedy fvckers! :evil:
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

fdavis138 wrote:
mention wrote:
he already has another up..... :roll:
rlbchef
Giant

Post by rlbchef »

fdavis138 wrote:
rlbchef wrote:One just popped up for $600!?!
same guy that "sold" the one for 350

How is that possible? A pack of Flippers working together? :x
jak88
Giant

Post by jak88 »

shawndoc wrote:
jak88 wrote: BUT there really are no other "necessary checkout steps". All that can be done BEFORE we are sent to PayPal, making it the final step for payment. Done and done.
Its the way PayPal works. PayPal always pushes them back to your cart to confirm the product is still available, shipping amount hasn't changed (due to changing the shipping address at PayPal), to enter coupons, etc.
I understand. Just in this case there are no coupons or other "etc's". Not with Obey print drops. So ... really not necessary. Yes, they can tally the reduction on inventory ... but it can be set up so PayPal does that also since purchases are all funnelled through PayPal.

Yes, a little frustrated here. BUT congrats to our fellow fans who scored this one. Well done and enjoy!!
fdavis138
Posse

Post by fdavis138 »

spagucci1 wrote:
fdavis138 wrote:
mention wrote:
or is it the same one :roll:
comiconart
Propaganda Engineer

Post by comiconart »

spagucci1 wrote:
fdavis138 wrote:
mention wrote:
So either he beat the odds and scored multiple prints...or, when this one sells at $600, the other buyer is informed that, unfortunately, they received a refund e-mail and can no longer sell at $350. Nothing like hedging your bets.
Hahaajp
Swindler

Re:

Post by Hahaajp »

GiantTarHeel
Posse

Re:

Post by GiantTarHeel »

I'm willing to bet that sellers first auction @$350 won't be available to the person who bought it. That buyer is going to get a dear john letter. Sorry, your peace elephant print is no longer available.
GiantTarHeel
Posse

Post by GiantTarHeel »

comiconart beat me to it.
kuehnph
Posse

Re: OFFICIAL: Peace Elephant anticipation thread

Post by kuehnph »

I got all the way to Submit Order and it just sat at the screen and never did anything. Frustrating to say the least. Guess the McCartney and Love Unites are still possibilities.
:?
shawndoc
Posse

Post by shawndoc »

jak88 wrote:
shawndoc wrote:
jak88 wrote: BUT there really are no other "necessary checkout steps". All that can be done BEFORE we are sent to PayPal, making it the final step for payment. Done and done.
Its the way PayPal works. PayPal always pushes them back to your cart to confirm the product is still available, shipping amount hasn't changed (due to changing the shipping address at PayPal), to enter coupons, etc.
I understand. Just in this case there are no coupons or other "etc's". Not with Obey print drops. So ... really not necessary. Yes, they can tally the reduction on inventory ... but it can be set up so PayPal does that also since purchases are all funnelled through PayPal.

Yes, a little frustrated here. BUT congrats to our fellow fans who scored this one. Well done and enjoy!!
I think its mainly the inventory issue. Someone might get stuck on Paypal for a long time filling in billing or address information. Most shopping carts won't reserve the product for a customer until payment authorization is received, so once they get back the shopping cart needs to verify the product is still available. Plus as we know the Obey servers go down a lot, which means that if the cart process ended at the PayPal screen, the approval information might not make it back to Obey, so you'd end up in a situation where PayPal thinks the transaction is complete, but then doesn't inform the Obey site of the approval causing the order to get dropped. Also since PayPal is the one providing Obey with the shipping information, Obey can't calculate the shipping until they receive the address information from PayPal.
rlbchef
Giant

Post by rlbchef »

3rd up $540 :(
JVB
Giant

Post by JVB »

my bar was completely empty until it went up. the girl that was supposed to buy it for me if i couldn't decided to go out instead. i got to paypal three times and every time i came back my cart was empty.

my entire collection is for sale, i've had enough. pm me offers.
"Barbarians in fur coats are still barbarians."
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

Disclaimer: I don't edit my collections on here anymore. I prefer to be mysterious. Kind of like that burning sensation... Which one gifted me that?
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

no OG confermation. Am I ok? I got paypal...
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
shawndoc
Posse

Post by shawndoc »

Is Obey still selling "extras" at the gallery on the Sat after the drop?
fdavis138
Posse

Re:

Post by fdavis138 »

shawndoc wrote:Is Obey still selling "extras" at the gallery on the Sat after the drop?
from the #'s on the orders I don't see how there's extras
spagucci1
Giant

Re:

Post by spagucci1 »

shawndoc wrote:Is Obey still selling "extras" at the gallery on the Sat after the drop?
nope, not unless its announced.

Here is an alternative to the print. Its not signed by Shep, but still very cool IMO.......
http://www.freestyleshop.com/bdbk901.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fdavis138
Posse

Post by fdavis138 »

spagucci1 wrote:

Here is an alternative to the print. Its not signed by Shep, but still very cool IMO.......
http://www.freestyleshop.com/bdbk901.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks, I had been looking for one of these
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Re:

Post by Gigantico »

rollcameraandaction wrote:i am willing to trade my sunsets print for this. pm me.
Wow, nice offer!

(Sorry it didn't work out for you!) :(
GiantTarHeel
Posse

Post by GiantTarHeel »

fdavis138 wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:

Thanks, I had been looking for one of these
I got mine from this site: http://www.gowindholz.net/servlet/the-8 ... ECK/Detail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

congrats to everyone who got one. to those who didnt, I hope you get one for a fair price. :D
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
Eddie3000
Punk

Re:

Post by Eddie3000 »

JVB wrote:my entire collection is for sale, i've had enough. pm me offers.
Wow. I know how you feel, though.
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

Eddie3000 wrote:
Wow. I know how you feel, though.
yeah, JVB, this is the first drop I have ever scored on that was announced. I hope you have a change of heart. :D
choisez
Punk

Re:

Post by choisez »

I feel your pain.

-Eddy