OFFICIAL: Peace Elephant anticipation thread

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
minoka3
Posse

Re:

Post by minoka3 »

JVB wrote:my bar was completely empty until it went up. the girl that was supposed to buy it for me if i couldn't decided to go out instead. i got to paypal three times and every time i came back my cart was empty.

my entire collection is for sale, i've had enough. pm me offers.

HA HA!
mrxscarface28 wrote: First you'll have to jump through a ring of fire, walk on hot coals, and fight a death match with Gondor the Impaler.... Then MAYBE you'll get a print in your shopping cart.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Sorry for my BAN comment, youz guyz was right!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN1sM9jCCLM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
spagucci1
Giant

Re:

Post by spagucci1 »

JVB wrote:
C'mon Obey soldier, suck it up and get ready for the next drop!
battlered
Propaganda Engineer

Re: OFFICIAL: Peace Elephant anticipation thread

Post by battlered »

9 on the bay, and 7 on the beans... so far. my bitterness hopes they all get refunded... and then the magical obey fair(e)ys leave one of those elephants under my pillow tonight. it's been a long day.
mutant
Posse

Re: Re:

Post by mutant »

spagucci1 wrote:
JVB wrote:
C'mon Obey soldier, suck it up and get ready for the next drop!
yeah, you gain some, you lose some. there is always another amazing print available. keep on fighting! better luck next time.
HolyShep
Propaganda Engineer

Post by HolyShep »

I guess the server didn't crepe out as bad as I hoped. Oh well, NEXT!
gowindholz
Punk

Post by gowindholz »

GoWiNdHoLz.NeT just added an OBEY chat room on their Product page for the BLACK LABEL SKATEBOARD DECK 20 YEARS AGAH/SHEP 8.25 You dont need to register to chat just create a user name. Kinda kool.

http://www.gowindholz.net/servlet/the-8 ... ECK/Detail
jak88
Giant

Re:

Post by jak88 »

Gigantico wrote:Sorry for my BAN comment, youz guyz was right!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN1sM9jCCLM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
+1

Though I find it odd that a couple folks had the print show up on their screen while my screen--even when I got into the Store over the ensuing 10 minutes-- showed no Elephant. That I don't understand.
Despinetta
Posse

Post by Despinetta »

The next charity obeygiant should fund is a dedicated psych ward on each coast for those who go nuts spending days on its website without scoring prints. Since the addiction is incurable, maintenance is the only rational treatment: every room would contain a computer on which obeygiant.com was the only accessible site, and every key on the keyboard would be f5.
"Someday my prints will come....." - Blanca, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
cheap cologne
Giant

Post by cheap cologne »

shady bidding?
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0404373550" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sas
Posse

Post by sas »

Hey, if I got through Paypal and then got back to the Obey confirmation page. It had an order number and then I hit submit to accept the address / shipping charges and then it timed out without giving me a final confirmation nor have I got an email from Paypal or Obey - did I get a print?
Last edited by sas on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sheeponahill
Swindler

Post by sheeponahill »

Did everyone get a Paypal email? I can see that the order went through on paypal ( 2055X) but didn't get a confirmation email.
My collection: http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=13792" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JVB
Giant

Post by JVB »

Despinetta wrote:The next charity obeygiant should fund is a dedicated psych ward on each coast for those who go nuts spending days on its website without scoring prints. Since the addiction is incurable, maintenance is the only rational treatment: every room would contain a computer on which obeygiant.com was the only accessible site, and every key on the keyboard would be f5.
sign me up.
"Barbarians in fur coats are still barbarians."
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

Disclaimer: I don't edit my collections on here anymore. I prefer to be mysterious. Kind of like that burning sensation... Which one gifted me that?
linx
Punk

Re:

Post by linx »

sas wrote:Hey, if I got through Paypal and then got back to the Obey confirmation page. It had an order number and then I hit submit to accept the address / shipping chargers and then it timed out without giving me a final confirmation nor have I got an email from Paypal or Obey - did I get a print?
Same thing happened to me. I don't think I got it though. I hope I'm wrong.
darthgiant
Punk

Re:

Post by darthgiant »

sas wrote:Hey, if I got through Paypal and then got back to the Obey confirmation page. It had an order number and then I hit submit to accept the address / shipping charges and then it timed out without giving me a final confirmation nor have I got an email from Paypal or Obey - did I get a print?
you did not.
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

darthgiant wrote:
sas wrote:Hey, if I got through Paypal and then got back to the Obey confirmation page. It had an order number and then I hit submit to accept the address / shipping charges and then it timed out without giving me a final confirmation nor have I got an email from Paypal or Obey - did I get a print?
you did not.
darth is correct. By submitting, you process the order. If you cant process the order, then a print has not been sold.
brintoul
Giant

Post by brintoul »

spagucci1 wrote:
darthgiant wrote:
you did not.
darth is correct. By submitting, you process the order. If you cant process the order, then a print has not been sold.
He could also check his PayPal account and see that no money changed hands. That's another good indication that a transaction did not occur.
Punk

Post by Vigilant »

sheeponahill wrote:Did everyone get a Paypal email? I can see that the order went through on paypal ( 2055X) but didn't get a confirmation email.
I had this same thing happen. Got THROUGH the submit page, and saw the OBEY invoice, but never received a paypal email. Yes, the charge is showing up on my paypal account. I guess only time will tell :)
mention
Propaganda Engineer

Post by mention »

jak88 wrote:

+1

Though I find it odd that a couple folks had the print show up on their screen while my screen--even when I got into the Store over the ensuing 10 minutes-- showed no Elephant. That I don't understand.
Not sure why we saw the Elephant and you didn't. I saw it twice on the main prints page, and pulled up the 106 page once.

And no big deal on the Ban comment. I had no idea not everyone could see the print, and I couldn't get back into the forum till the drop was about over. :)
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

mention wrote:
jak88 wrote:

+1

Not sure why we saw the Elephant and you didn't. I saw it twice on the main prints page, and pulled up the 106 page once.

And no big deal on the Ban comment. I had no idea not everyone could see the print, and I couldn't get back into the forum till the drop was about over. :)
As long as you can dig the Nelson brothers, we're good.
mention
Propaganda Engineer

Post by mention »

Gigantico wrote:
mention wrote:
jak88 wrote:

+1

As long as you can dig the Nelson brothers, we're good.
Ha ha... We're good!! :mrgreen:

And I'm sure you'll find true love again!!!
jak88
Giant

Post by jak88 »

mention wrote:
jak88 wrote:

+1

I did see it, and got stuck trying for 45 minutes trying to make final click at Obey Store. I only meant that those first couple posts about seeing and purchasing print happened before most people saw print listed in the Store ... for example ... Shonquan on Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:47 pm ... who confirmed his purchase. Me and others got into Store over next 10 minutes and still didn't see print listed ...

spagucci1 at 5:50 pm,
bdavenport and fukum at 5:51 pm,
MunkeyPants and me at 5:52 pm
rlbchef and toobs at 5:53 pm
Me again at 5:56 (I was in the Store seeing nothing)
MUZZY at 5:57 pm

Like others, I was in the Store and didn't see print listed there until 5:58 -- 11 minutes after it first appeared to certain others. That's odd.
mention
Propaganda Engineer

Post by mention »

jak88 wrote:
mention wrote:
jak88 wrote:

+1

I did see it, and got stuck trying for 45 minutes trying to make final click at Obey Store. I only meant that those first couple posts about seeing and purchasing print happened before most people saw print listed in the Store ... for example ... Shonquan on Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:47 pm ... who confirmed his purchase. Me and others got into Store over next 10 minutes and still didn't see print listed ...

Like others, I was in the Store and didn't see print listed there until 5:58 -- 11 minutes after it first appeared to certain others. That's odd.
Yeah, I meant I saw it three times before my order processed at approx. 3:40 PST.
jak88
Giant

Post by jak88 »

mention wrote:
jak88 wrote:
mention wrote:
jak88 wrote:

+1

Yeah, I meant I saw it three times before my order processed at approx. 3:40 PST.
I know it's mostly luck. And I'm happy for those who got it. It's just weird that folks were seeing and buying at very same time other folks entered Store and didn't see print listed there.
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

mention wrote:
jak88 wrote:
mention wrote:
jak88 wrote:

+1

I also saw the print a few time before the main drop, and all I was doing was refreshing like normal. Got my paypal receipt at 5:45 CST. Had a buddy get one around when I did on his Iphone, so something funky was going on with the server.