OFFICIAL: Peace Elephant anticipation thread

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
analogtrash
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by analogtrash »

jak88 wrote:
mention wrote:
jak88 wrote:
mention wrote:
jak88 wrote:
Gigantico wrote:Sorry for my BAN comment, youz guyz was right!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN1sM9jCCLM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
+1

Though I find it odd that a couple folks had the print show up on their screen while my screen--even when I got into the Store over the ensuing 10 minutes-- showed no Elephant. That I don't understand.
Not sure why we saw the Elephant and you didn't. I saw it twice on the main prints page, and pulled up the 106 page once.
I did see it, and got stuck trying for 45 minutes trying to make final click at Obey Store. I only meant that those first couple posts about seeing and purchasing print happened before most people saw print listed in the Store ... for example ... Shonquan on Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:47 pm ... who confirmed his purchase. Me and others got into Store over next 10 minutes and still didn't see print listed ...

spagucci1 at 5:50 pm,
bdavenport and fukum at 5:51 pm,
MunkeyPants and me at 5:52 pm
rlbchef and toobs at 5:53 pm
Me again at 5:56 (I was in the Store seeing nothing)
MUZZY at 5:57 pm

Like others, I was in the Store and didn't see print listed there until 5:58 -- 11 minutes after it first appeared to certain others. That's odd.
Yeah, I meant I saw it three times before my order processed at approx. 3:40 PST.
I know it's mostly luck. And I'm happy for those who got it. It's just weird that folks were seeing and buying at very same time other folks entered Store and didn't see print listed there.
Although his name sounds like that of a transexual, Shonquan is a good man. She does not deserve to get banned because some newer forum member proclaims him a liar.
jak88
Giant

Post by jak88 »

Shonquan wrote:
mention wrote:
jak88 wrote:
mention wrote:
jak88 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN1sM9jCCLM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
+1

Though I find it odd that a couple folks had the print show up on their screen while my screen--even when I got into the Store over the ensuing 10 minutes-- showed no Elephant. That I don't understand.
Not sure why we saw the Elephant and you didn't. I saw it twice on the main prints page, and pulled up the 106 page once.
I did see it, and got stuck trying for 45 minutes trying to make final click at Obey Store. I only meant that those first couple posts about seeing and purchasing print happened before most people saw print listed in the Store ... for example ... Shonquan on Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:47 pm ... who confirmed his purchase. Me and others got into Store over next 10 minutes and still didn't see print listed ...

Like others, I was in the Store and didn't see print listed there until 5:58 -- 11 minutes after it first appeared to certain others. That's odd.
Yeah, I meant I saw it three times before my order processed at approx. 3:40 PST.
I also saw the print a few time before the main drop, and all I was doing was refreshing like normal. Got my paypal receipt at 5:45 CST. Had a buddy get one around when I did on his Iphone, so something funky was going on with the server.
Yup. My point. Print showed in Store for some and not others between 5:46 and 5:58. And those first 10 minutes are crucial often. Like I said, strange and a bit frustrating for unlucky among us.
jak88
Giant

Post by jak88 »

analogtrash wrote:
jak88 wrote:
mention wrote:
jak88 wrote:
mention wrote:
jak88 wrote:

+1

I know it's mostly luck. And I'm happy for those who got it. It's just weird that folks were seeing and buying at very same time other folks entered Store and didn't see print listed there.
Although his name sounds like that of a transexual, Shonquan is a good man. She does not deserve to get banned because some newer forum member proclaims him a liar.
Well said, and I must apologize again for being one of those unfair voices. Truly sorry about that. Conduct unbecoming.
SteveCA
Punk

Post by SteveCA »

spagucci1 wrote:
darthgiant wrote:
sas wrote:Hey, if I got through Paypal and then got back to the Obey confirmation page. It had an order number and then I hit submit to accept the address / shipping charges and then it timed out without giving me a final confirmation nor have I got an email from Paypal or Obey - did I get a print?
you did not.
darth is correct. By submitting, you process the order. If you cant process the order, then a print has not been sold.
I was able to get Israel/Pal this way. It timed out without the final confirmation page but i ended up getting one. This time,luckily, i got the conf page from obey.
analogtrash
Giant

Post by analogtrash »

Haha it's all good...it was actually really funny there for a while.
ColdlyEmpathetic
Punk

Post by ColdlyEmpathetic »

Shonquan wrote:
mention wrote:
jak88 wrote:
mention wrote:
jak88 wrote:

+1

I also saw the print a few time before the main drop, and all I was doing was refreshing like normal. Got my paypal receipt at 5:45 CST. Had a buddy get one around when I did on his Iphone, so something funky was going on with the server.
During the drop today was anyone else watching the status bar (at the bottom of most web browsers)?
When connecting/refreshing I was seeing beta.obeygiant.com most of the time after I had it carted, maybe they are trying something new to make it smoother? Maybe not...

For the record I was shut out for the nth time this year. Congrats to those who scored. :|
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

analogtrash wrote: Although his name sounds like that of a transexual, Shonquan is a good man. She does not deserve to get banned because some newer forum member proclaims him a liar.
HAHA! thanks clayton. Mama's gonna buy you drinks tomorrow night.
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

I apologize to Shonquan and others who saw the print before most for the ban comments. I had been waiting for the print to drop for over 15 hours and was almost at my breaking point. Congrats on scoring the print. I unfortunately was not as lucky as you and walked away from this drop empty handed.
battlered
Propaganda Engineer

Re: OFFICIAL: Peace Elephant anticipation thread

Post by battlered »

Of course Shonquan DID use the ol' "up up down down left right left right B A start" i heard it gets you a 15 minute head start.
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

battlered wrote:Of course Shonquan DID use the ol' "up up down down left right left right B A start" i heard it gets you a 15 minute head start.
How'd you know battlred? Go to Emo's tomorrow night for a good show and I'll buy you a beer.
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

Shonquan wrote:
analogtrash wrote: Although his name sounds like that of a transexual, Shonquan is a good man. She does not deserve to get banned because some newer forum member proclaims him a liar.
Jasons a good guy, helped me when I needed it. Thats why I didn't say anything, he has been nothing but kind and truthful to me.

Thanks again man. :D
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

jak88 wrote:
Shonquan wrote:
mention wrote:
jak88 wrote:
mention wrote:
jak88 wrote:

+1

Yup. My point. Print showed in Store for some and not others between 5:46 and 5:58. And those first 10 minutes are crucial often. Like I said, strange and a bit frustrating for unlucky among us.

quick idea... some ISPs cache content... i believe AOL does.
on point like a decimalist?
rumspring
Giant

Post by rumspring »

I wasn't seeing the elephant on the prints page when the first posts that it was up appeared. I then saw it while others where still not seeing it. Caching seems to me to be the likely explanation. If it makes those who didn't see it initially feel any better, even though I may have seen it before you did, I had no luck getting back from Paypal. I am elephant-less.

I tried to have fun even knowing that I wasn't likely to succeed when the OG site got so bogged down. I keep telling myself that fun is the main reason I am here and if I can't have fun even though I don't get a print, then I probably shouldn't be here. Congrats to everyone who got an elephant!
analogtrash
Giant

Post by analogtrash »

zanzi123 wrote:
Shonquan wrote:
Jasons a good guy, helped me when I needed it. Thats why I didn't say anything, he has been nothing but kind and truthful to me.

I didn't know part of your L.A. trip consisted of giving Zanzi piggybacks to school. Ok, that's it for me!
cheap cologne
Giant

Post by cheap cologne »

obeygiant.com's purchasing system sucks.. BAD.
If you wait around for 10+ hours and are lucky enough to get something in your cart...
it should not $hit out on you 20+ times coming back from paypal. PERIOD.
Completely unacceptable.
That is all I have to say about that.

So.. yea, if anyone wants to trade, a bunch of options are here:
http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16078" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Multiples or + CASH ok.

Vivi needs a friend.
PLEASE help me out.

Anyone?
Bueller?

JVB
Giant

Post by JVB »

I got hosed. I didn't see it for apparently a number of minutes after everyone else. weird... I deleted my cache this afternoon.

granted i was on the wireless network at my bar, so it may have been slow. regardless, this was the only drop I've really wanted that I've missed out on, so suffice it to say, I'm devastated.
"Barbarians in fur coats are still barbarians."
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

Disclaimer: I don't edit my collections on here anymore. I prefer to be mysterious. Kind of like that burning sensation... Which one gifted me that?
cheap cologne
Giant

Re:

Post by cheap cologne »

JVB wrote:this was the only drop I've really wanted that I've missed out on, so suffice it to say, I'm devastated.
+1

rumspring
Giant

Post by rumspring »

There is caching that occurs between the OG servers, the ISP services of OG host company, the servers between them and us including our own ISP's servers. So, it probably isn't anything they can control or we can control. That is based on a fairly limited understanding of it all, so be sure to read the warning in my signature and take heed. :wink:
JVB
Giant

Post by JVB »

rumspring wrote:There is caching that occurs between the OG servers, the ISP services of OG host company, the servers between them and us including our own ISP's servers. So, it probably isn't anything they can control or we can control. That is based on a fairly limited understanding of it all, so be sure to read the warning in my signature and take heed. :wink:
hahahahah, I'm loving the new sig btw.

Oh, and I am no longer selling my collection. Furthermore, to all of you who keep PM'ing me regarding the Castro Collage listed on my EB account, no, you cannot buy it because I no longer own it. My place was broken into a while back and it was stolen. I just can't bring myself to pull it down, because I did own it (bought it off of coolestshop which used to have a full library of Shep prints) and it was stunning. And I'm sad. And why does the elephant show me no love? And why is my beer empty?
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

Disclaimer: I don't edit my collections on here anymore. I prefer to be mysterious. Kind of like that burning sensation... Which one gifted me that?
cheap cologne
Giant

Post by cheap cologne »

JVB wrote: And why is my beer empty?
The same reason my scotch is empty.. the gods are against us today.
JVB
Giant

Post by JVB »

cheap cologne wrote:
JVB wrote: And why is my beer empty?
The same reason my scotch is empty.. the gods are against us today.
Dangit, I knew I should have sacrificed that virgin on the full moon.
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

analogtrash wrote:
zanzi123 wrote:
Shonquan wrote:

I didn't know part of your L.A. trip consisted of giving Zanzi piggybacks to school. Ok, that's it for me!
Yeah well he also bought me animal crackers so...
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
analogtrash
Giant

Post by analogtrash »

:lol:
mention
Propaganda Engineer

Post by mention »

zanzi123 wrote:
analogtrash wrote:
zanzi123 wrote:
Shonquan wrote:

Yeah well he also bought me animal crackers so...
Was he driving this?

skoola
Giant

Post by skoola »

just curious, i don't want to read through 70 pages, how long after it dropped did it take to sell out?