OFFICIAL: Peace Elephant anticipation thread

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
drew55
Punk

Re: Re:

Post by drew55 »

MUZZY wrote:
Raggadrop wrote:Anybody else sweating the fact that they only have an email from Paypal...
i am pretty sure there has only been the paypal email on recent orders. Then you get a shipping notice or a refund within a few days from obey.
The retro series sent both a paypal and obey email confirmation. For I/P, Elephant you only receive a paypal. Jaspr said you're good to go if you got just the paypal (meaning at least they received your order vs. it getting lost in F5 cyberspace), but that doesn't guarantee you won't get refunded.
Raggadrop
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Raggadrop »

drew55 wrote:
MUZZY wrote:
Raggadrop wrote:Anybody else sweating the fact that they only have an email from Paypal...
i am pretty sure there has only been the paypal email on recent orders. Then you get a shipping notice or a refund within a few days from obey.
The retro series sent both a paypal and obey email confirmation. For I/P, Elephant you only receive a paypal. Jaspr said you're good to go if you got just the paypal (meaning at least they received your order vs. it getting lost in F5 cyberspace), but that doesn't guarantee you won't get refunded.
Cool, thanks. Then barring a refund, all I have to worry about is the UPS guys having a swordfight using my tube....
word13
Swindler

Post by word13 »

so bummed i spent 8 hours waiting for this and could never get it to load in my cart. I had three browsers and the iphone going and still couldn't break trough.
I have a problem... I have an addiction... I'm all F*ckd Up... Stop asking me too buy your prints! because I will... I have no self control...
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

15 hours yesterday!!!!! Glad i got the print, will be suprised if i get refunded as i think i was one of the first or at least midway.
JVB
Giant

Re:

Post by JVB »

word13 wrote:so bummed i spent 8 hours waiting for this and could never get it to load in my cart. I had three browsers and the iphone going and still couldn't break trough.
Midnight EST to 8pm EST. That's 20 hours.

Fmylife.
"Barbarians in fur coats are still barbarians."
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

Disclaimer: I don't edit my collections on here anymore. I prefer to be mysterious. Kind of like that burning sensation... Which one gifted me that?
Raggadrop
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Raggadrop »

JVB wrote:

Fmylife.
Seriously????
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

JVB wrote:
word13 wrote:so bummed i spent 8 hours waiting for this and could never get it to load in my cart. I had three browsers and the iphone going and still couldn't break trough.

Fmylife.
I doubt it was 20 straight hrs.........
JVB
Giant

Post by JVB »

spagucci1 wrote:
JVB wrote:

Fmylife.
I doubt it was 20 straight hrs.........
you're right.

I spent 45 minutes driving to work. 15 minutes total smoking cigs. a couple minutes here or there to microwave something. 10 minutes to shower. oh, and I took a nap for an hour, but I had someone come over and watch it for me while i was napping. although I couldn't sleep because I just wanted to be on the computer. And at work, I had zero customers until it dropped, and then my bar got bumrushed, so it wasn't even fair.
"Barbarians in fur coats are still barbarians."
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

Disclaimer: I don't edit my collections on here anymore. I prefer to be mysterious. Kind of like that burning sensation... Which one gifted me that?
submethod
Giant

Post by submethod »

I never got one. I tried to get one over my iphone while I was over my friend's place. I had to be away from my studio.

To be honest, it is the name of the game. If you really want this print, your gonna have to either trade here or go the usual secondary market route ( Ebay, craigslist, etc.).

This is collecting and what makes the hobby so fun.
word13
Swindler

Post by word13 »

JVB wrote:

Fmylife.
don't feel as bad, sorry to hear that
I have a problem... I have an addiction... I'm all F*ckd Up... Stop asking me too buy your prints! because I will... I have no self control...
toobs
Giant

Post by toobs »

It sucks that we had to wait so long to get this print and I just wanna say some people need to get a life ! :P
submethod
Giant

Re:

Post by submethod »

toobs wrote:It sucks that we had to wait so long to get this print and I just wanna say some people need to get a life ! :P
AHAHAHHAHAHA, nice little gif you have there. Now if you could it Flash with some droppings, you would be golden!!!
jak88
Giant

Re:

Post by jak88 »

toobs wrote:It sucks that we had to wait so long to get this print and I just wanna say some people need to get a life ! :P
Hilarious!
QKocur
Giant

Re:

Post by QKocur »

gpt104 wrote:Flippin hilarious!

(need a good laugh on a day I had to give someone at work the ax...)
I hear ya, never makes you feel good thats for sure
gpt104
Giant

Post by gpt104 »

Flippin hilarious!

(need a good laugh on a day I had to give someone at work the ax...)
Collection & Wants: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=3093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Phởgg
Giant

Re:

Post by Phởgg »

Print of the year!
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh10 ... ADCAST.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
destroyeric
Giant

Re:

Post by destroyeric »

I'd wait 20 hours for that print! :lol:
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
SteveCA
Punk

Re:

Post by SteveCA »

not at all. It's been that way for me for the last 3 successful obey drops. You're good to go, unless you get the dreaded refund.
enemytank
Swindler

Re:

Post by enemytank »

slidingaround wrote:15 hours yesterday!!!!! Glad i got the print, will be suprised if i get refunded as i think i was one of the first or at least midway.
I don't wanna induce anxiety ( for you or anyone else here ) - but i got refunded ( with a very respectable LOW order number ) on the first japanese fabric drop a little while back - after freaking out, I sent a polite "what happened" email to OG. An email response from OG said that it had nothing to do with my order number - and everything to do with giving prints to others who hadn't scored in the last 6 months. It was a fair explanation. Anway, long way around to my point... I feel like we are ALL potentially in harms way regardless of our order numbers ( high or low ).. if it's oversold ANY one of us could be F'd -- unless you haven't scored a print in 6 months - then maybe ( MAYBE ) you're safe... anyway I am also hoping no refund faireys come to visit my paypal account......good luck to everyone.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

enemytank wrote:
slidingaround wrote:15 hours yesterday!!!!! Glad i got the print, will be suprised if i get refunded as i think i was one of the first or at least midway.
I don't wanna induce anxiety ( for you or anyone else here ) - but i got refunded ( with a very respectable LOW order number ) on the first japanese fabric drop a little while back - after freaking out, I sent a polite "what happened" email to OG. An email response from OG said that it had nothing to do with my order number - and everything to do with giving prints to others who hadn't scored in the last 6 months. It was a fair explanation. Anway, long way around to my point... I feel like we are ALL potentially in harms way regardless of our order numbers ( high or low ).. if it's oversold ANY one of us could be F'd -- unless you haven't scored a print in 6 months - then maybe ( MAYBE ) you're safe... anyway I am also hoping no refund faireys come to visit my paypal account......good luck to everyone.
I dont get why they are giving out refunds now, it's a recent thing, well it went from hearing about refunds to being ok, since the og confirm mail has not been working, or been disabled, refunds are happening. That kinda sucks, fine i can handl not scoreing a print cos of the demand/servers, whatever, but to think u got it and then be told a week or two later is a bith harsh. Maybe it's to defer flippers from putting it up on the bay or something. I just think it's strange how it's just started happening in the last few releases.
enemytank
Swindler

Re: OFFICIAL: Peace Elephant anticipation thread

Post by enemytank »

I agree. It's a source of frustration that the overselling happens in the first place. Anyway - i have since learned to only savor the victory when the undamaged print is delivered and sitting in my grubby paws...
jak88
Giant

Post by jak88 »

destroyeric wrote:
That Pacaderm has definitely been hittin' the little blue pills.
Raggadrop
Propaganda Engineer

Re: OFFICIAL: Peace Elephant anticipation thread

Post by Raggadrop »

enemytank wrote: Anyway - i have since learned to only savor the victory when the undamaged print is delivered and sitting in my grubby paws...
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

watch out you may get a seize and desist!
Who's got my old stickers?
ThoracicFaxMachine
Punk

Post by ThoracicFaxMachine »

jak88 wrote:
destroyeric wrote:
That Pacaderm has definitely been hittin' the little blue pills.
W.T.F. :lol:

Code: Select all

SELECT * from Obey.Collection
WHERE Rating like '%Awesome%';
GO