OFFICIAL: Peace Elephant anticipation thread

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
theBrain
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by theBrain »

slidingaround wrote:
enemytank wrote:
slidingaround wrote:15 hours yesterday!!!!! Glad i got the print, will be suprised if i get refunded as i think i was one of the first or at least midway.
I don't wanna induce anxiety ( for you or anyone else here ) - but i got refunded ( with a very respectable LOW order number ) on the first japanese fabric drop a little while back - after freaking out, I sent a polite "what happened" email to OG. An email response from OG said that it had nothing to do with my order number - and everything to do with giving prints to others who hadn't scored in the last 6 months. It was a fair explanation. Anway, long way around to my point... I feel like we are ALL potentially in harms way regardless of our order numbers ( high or low ).. if it's oversold ANY one of us could be F'd -- unless you haven't scored a print in 6 months - then maybe ( MAYBE ) you're safe... anyway I am also hoping no refund faireys come to visit my paypal account......good luck to everyone.
I dont get why they are giving out refunds now, it's a recent thing, well it went from hearing about refunds to being ok, since the og confirm mail has not been working, or been disabled, refunds are happening. That kinda sucks, fine i can handl not scoreing a print cos of the demand/servers, whatever, but to think u got it and then be told a week or two later is a bith harsh. Maybe it's to defer flippers from putting it up on the bay or something. I just think it's strange how it's just started happening in the last few releases.
were there any refunds for the bad brains print? i feel like it's only been happening lately with prints that have exact drop times announced. if you get a few thousand people drilling away at once on the og and paypal servers, it's bound to cause some glitches, ie overselling. that may also be the reason they decided to do a random drop this time.

just a thought.
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

That GIF is freakin' hilarious. Thank you.
Submit. Rapture.
toobs
Giant

Post by toobs »

enemytank wrote:
slidingaround wrote:15 hours yesterday!!!!! Glad i got the print, will be suprised if i get refunded as i think i was one of the first or at least midway.
I don't wanna induce anxiety ( for you or anyone else here ) - but i got refunded ( with a very respectable LOW order number ) on the first japanese fabric drop a little while back - after freaking out, I sent a polite "what happened" email to OG. An email response from OG said that it had nothing to do with my order number - and everything to do with giving prints to others who hadn't scored in the last 6 months. It was a fair explanation. Anway, long way around to my point... I feel like we are ALL potentially in harms way regardless of our order numbers ( high or low ).. if it's oversold ANY one of us could be F'd -- unless you haven't scored a print in 6 months - then maybe ( MAYBE ) you're safe... anyway I am also hoping no refund faireys come to visit my paypal account......good luck to everyone.
So it's possible that I just spent 8 hours trying to score a print . . . a week later . . . OBEY SAYS " here's your refund, we are gunna give it to this guy cause he's never got one" . . . what if then said guy flips it, what then? Makes no sense, look at my avatar to see how i feel about this situation.
Stone Age
Propaganda Engineer

Re: OFFICIAL: Peace Elephant anticipation thread

Post by Stone Age »

Who ya gonna call?

toobs
Giant

Post by toobs »

why don't they take prints away from the 30-40 eBeans and eBay members flippin them instead of from a honest customer, and if all else fails then call the Wambulance
Tadd
Punk

Post by Tadd »

Refunds are always painful when you see how many go to the secondary market. Got refunded on Art Basel after a month of silence. Got the paypal and Obey confirmation, just never received a shipping notification. When I called it turns out I was just missed.
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

Hularious avatar toobs!

Well I havent scored ever, so I guess thats good news for me...
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
Stone Age
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by Stone Age »

zanzi123 wrote:Well I havent scored ever
Just get a hooker already.
Raggadrop
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Raggadrop »

Based on I/P & Bad Brains, any idea how long till shipping confs or refunds are sent by OG?
MunkeyPants
Giant

Re:

Post by MunkeyPants »

toobs wrote:why don't they take prints away from the 30-40 eBeans and eBay members flippin them instead of from a honest customer, and if all else fails then call the Wambulance
I prefer the Bambalance...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_habakm5sw
Submit. Rapture.
MUZZY
Posse

Re:

Post by MUZZY »

Raggadrop wrote:Based on I/P & Bad Brains, any idea how long till shipping confs or refunds are sent by OG?
with I/P i got shipping notice the following monday or tuesday if i remember correctly.
AbsentOne
Swindler

Post by AbsentOne »

HAHAHAHAHA! Toobs your Avatar is freakin hilarious. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sometimes it seems better to just fork out the extra cash and purchase in the secondary market. I don't know? I have been lucky lately myself. Spent most of the day refreshing to score one, now your going to tell me they might give mines to someone else who hasn't scored one in the last 6 months. Whats the point of even trying to sell on the site? Might as well just select who gets one by customer instead, put everyones name in a hat and choose if thats the case.
MUZZY
Posse

Post by MUZZY »

looks like they pulled the image from the store. That was quick.
enemytank
Swindler

Post by enemytank »

toobs wrote:
enemytank wrote:
So it's possible that I just spent 8 hours trying to score a print . . . a week later . . . OBEY SAYS " here's your refund, we are gunna give it to this guy cause he's never got one" . . . what if then said guy flips it, what then? Makes no sense, look at my avatar to see how i feel about this situation.
Yup - it's possible - it's also possible that they only have to refund a few ( if any ) and you're golden... i just thought I'd share my "low-order-number-life-is-good " horror story....let's all just cross our fingers that the flippers get what's coming....
password
Giant

Post by password »

enemytank wrote:
Did you feel like this happened to you?

jandrisani
Posse

Re:

Post by jandrisani »

MUZZY wrote:looks like they pulled the image from the store. That was quick.
looks like the offsets are back in stock
kingofprussia
Posse

Post by kingofprussia »

I was lucky enough to be able to get a print yesterday with a fairly low # (202##). I was refreshing for 5 hours. If I get refunded b/c I was lucky enough to get a red japanese fabric set I will seriously stop this madness. I'm a big fan of Shep's work but if it's gotten to the point when you go through all this BS and are actually able to snag one only to be then reevaluated in terms of past purchases then I'm out. The only fair way to sell these things is to give it to the people who got through the gauntlet first. I pretty much try for a print every time with about a 20% success rate. I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed for a shipping confirmation on this one.
enemytank
Swindler

Post by enemytank »

umm... sort of like that except less polite...maybe if the one elephant kicked the other one in the junk then went digging.. that would probably be more accurate. haha ( gross )
shawndoc
Posse

Post by shawndoc »

Are the skate decks still available anywhere?
mindsetxx
Punk

Post by mindsetxx »

Yeah I'm totally with u guys. If I get fuked over on this print that we've all Been waiting and wanting so long I'm done! ....kind of. Haha but cereal
spagucci1
Giant

Re:

Post by spagucci1 »

shawndoc wrote:Are the skate decks still available anywhere?
Here are two sources:

http://www.freestyleshop.com/bdbk901.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.gowindholz.net/servlet/the-8 ... ECK/Detail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EFE
Giant

Re:

Post by EFE »

slidingaround wrote:YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! 15 hours and got one! Swwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttt! :)

15 hours Sliding?? Wow dude. How late did it drop? It was night overhere and still nothing.So i went to bed and missed it FFS!!!
Despinetta
Posse

Post by Despinetta »

" Dangit, I knew I should have sacrificed that virgin on the full moon."

Hey, I burned incense on my Andre altar and it still didn't help. You're all lamenting about not getting receipts or getting refunded - after all those hours of f5ing, when it dropped I couldn't even get into the site! (sound of quiet sobbing)
"Someday my prints will come....." - Blanca, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
hames002
Giant

Post by hames002 »

im down for the 40 dollar one !
anyone know if these are limited edition?
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

Now, I know we are all curious, what prints will go with the elephant besides Vivi?
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P