OFFICIAL: Peace Elephant anticipation thread

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
superfly snuka
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Re:

Post by superfly snuka »

enemytank wrote:
toobs wrote:
enemytank wrote:
slidingaround wrote:15 hours yesterday!!!!! Glad i got the print, will be suprised if i get refunded as i think i was one of the first or at least midway.
I don't wanna induce anxiety ( for you or anyone else here ) - but i got refunded ( with a very respectable LOW order number ) on the first japanese fabric drop a little while back - after freaking out, I sent a polite "what happened" email to OG. An email response from OG said that it had nothing to do with my order number - and everything to do with giving prints to others who hadn't scored in the last 6 months. It was a fair explanation. Anway, long way around to my point... I feel like we are ALL potentially in harms way regardless of our order numbers ( high or low ).. if it's oversold ANY one of us could be F'd -- unless you haven't scored a print in 6 months - then maybe ( MAYBE ) you're safe... anyway I am also hoping no refund faireys come to visit my paypal account......good luck to everyone.
So it's possible that I just spent 8 hours trying to score a print . . . a week later . . . OBEY SAYS " here's your refund, we are gunna give it to this guy cause he's never got one" . . . what if then said guy flips it, what then? Makes no sense, look at my avatar to see how i feel about this situation.
Yup - it's possible - it's also possible that they only have to refund a few ( if any ) and you're golden... i just thought I'd share my "low-order-number-life-is-good " horror story....let's all just cross our fingers that the flippers get what's coming....

Thanks for the story, that's brutal :cry: . I hope since that was an edition of 100, this would be a different scenario. Fingers crossed.
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

Hey guys,

I emailed the orders dept. I said I was worried about a refund and only getting a paypal confirm. They sounded like they hadn't oversold and said my order would be processed, even though I said that I had a high order number.

I am pretty sure they didn't oversell... Good luck to all
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
AbsentOne
Swindler

Post by AbsentOne »

WORD! Thanks for sending them the email.
zanzi123
Giant

Re:

Post by zanzi123 »

AbsentOne wrote:WORD! Thanks for sending them the email.
No problem. I was worried sick :lol:
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
slidingaround
Giant

Re:

Post by slidingaround »

AbsentOne wrote:WORD! Thanks for sending them the email.
gpt104
Giant

Post by gpt104 »

Not to rain on your parade, but..

On Art Basel - I e-mailed the store and got a response that my order was good (since never got an Obey e-mail). Still got refunded 3 days later.

I imagine this is not over yet. Wait for the shipping confirm before getting too excited
Collection & Wants: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=3093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jamel-d
Punk

Re:

Post by jamel-d »

gpt104 wrote:Wait for the shipping confirm before getting too excited
Even without a shipping confirmation you can still get it. I never received a shipping confirm for my "Behind You" and it showed on my doorstep Thursday. Yesterday, I received a UPS confirm that it was left there on Thursday.
Most of the orders that I've gotten never get a shipping notice. They just show up. So keep your eyes open for refunds or a tube at your door. Good luck all.
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Post by TheOmethod »

We shipped a bunch of these yesterday. The rest will go out next week.
hercylicious
Giant

Re:

Post by hercylicious »

TheOmethod wrote:We shipped a bunch of these yesterday. The rest will go out next week.
cool , tho weird that no one in here said they got shipping notice :o
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Cant wait to frame this one up, dunno what to hang it with though yet.
MunkeyPants
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by MunkeyPants »

hercylicious wrote:
TheOmethod wrote:We shipped a bunch of these yesterday. The rest will go out next week.
cool , tho weird that no one in here said they got shipping notice :o
Seems hardly anyone here got the print.
Submit. Rapture.
hames002
Giant

Re: OFFICIAL: Peace Elephant anticipation thread

Post by hames002 »

I was able to score the print somehow !
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

hames002 wrote:I was able to score the print somehow !
zanzi123
Giant

Re:

Post by zanzi123 »

Was it low order numbers or people who live closest or random?

Just curious weather to get excited when I see the UPS truck. :D
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Post by TheOmethod »

zanzi123 wrote:

guess you havent seen the refund email yet...

J/K
abs*esq
Punk

Post by abs*esq »

Out of all the recent prints I'd really like to see this one made into a 24x36 offset for those of us that weren't able to get the first drop.

It's probably one of the most anticipated prints so maybe there is a shot?!
qhays
Punk

Post by qhays »

I'll second that -- seems like it has to be as sought after as WBN, and I know I certainly can't afford the secondary market (and try to avoid it on principle)...

Maybe even a small offset -- those 24x36's get hard to hang after a while (wallspace)...
mention
Propaganda Engineer

Post by mention »

You+are+being+refunded+for+you+order+that+exceeds+our+%931+per+household%94+limit.%0D%0AThank+you+for+your+support.+%96Obey+Giant
I only had one order go through, according to paypal. So I guess my early order was no good? Hopefully I'll get an email back on monday and they'll let me know what the deal is. :evil:
analogtrash
Giant

Post by analogtrash »

TheOmethod wrote:
zanzi123 wrote:

J/K
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nothing like a little bit of friendly insider humor!
mikey c
Posse

Post by mikey c »

abs*esq wrote:Out of all the recent prints I'd really like to see this one made into a 24x36 offset for those of us that weren't able to get the first drop.

It's probably one of the most anticipated prints so maybe there is a shot?!
That would be great. I really like this screen version but the colors in the original are more to my liking. I'd probably have a better shot at grabbing one for less than $350 too!
superfly snuka
Propaganda Engineer

Post by superfly snuka »

Just go straight to the large format. Why screw around? We'll probably have to wait for the 30th anniversary though. Can't wait :D
cheap cologne
Giant

Post by cheap cologne »

superfly snuka wrote:Just go straight to the large format. Why screw around?
+1
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

TheOmethod wrote:
zanzi123 wrote:

J/K
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just checked my moms email to be sure...
kingofprussia
Posse

Post by kingofprussia »

someone on phishposters got a refund email. they're coming!!!!
mention
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by mention »

kingofprussia wrote:someone on phishposters got a refund email. they're coming!!!!
Me too!
mention wrote:
You+are+being+refunded+for+you+order+that+exceeds+our+%931+per+household%94+limit.%0D%0AThank+you+for+your+support.+%96Obey+Giant
I only had one order go through, according to paypal. So I guess my early order was no good? Hopefully I'll get an email back on monday and they'll let me know what the deal is. :evil: