OFFICIAL: Peace Elephant anticipation thread

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Re: Re:

Post by Gigantico »

fribhey wrote:
Gigantico wrote:Aside from the ends of the rays, I like this version better. On the numbered version, the gold halo effect around the flower almost seems greenish to me. I don't see that on this one.
that's because of the white balance of the photo....
I don't think so. Like whyhoo (the guy with the print) mentioned, the gold layer around the flower isn't as deep and more of the paper color is showing.
whyhoo
itsame

Re: Re:

Post by whyhoo »

Gigantico wrote:
fribhey wrote:
Gigantico wrote:Aside from the ends of the rays, I like this version better. On the numbered version, the gold halo effect around the flower almost seems greenish to me. I don't see that on this one.
that's because of the white balance of the photo....
I don't think so. Like whyhoo (the guy with the print) mentioned, the gold layer around the flower isn't as deep and more of the paper color is showing.
exactly - the gold layer isn't present at all in the halo and the rays, like it is on the ed. of 450.

i'm gonna have to break em both out! knew i should have just taken pictures of them both. silly me.
on point like a decimalist?
blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

Post by blazedoutbee »

you think they'll ever release the version that was rejected? metropark? maybe?
s_k_y
Propaganda Engineer

Post by s_k_y »

that looks sweet. thanks for sharing.
vvk
Giant

Re: OFFICIAL: Peace Elephant anticipation thread

Post by vvk »

so i picked up a peace elephant ( non #ered edition) it is signed and dated 08....

ever other elephant print ( numbered and non numbered) i have seen was signed 09.

any info on this?
theBrain
Giant

Post by theBrain »

vvk wrote:so i picked up a peace elephant ( non #ered edition) it is signed and dated 08....

ever other elephant print ( numbered and non numbered) i have seen was signed 09.

any info on this?
if you go back to the beginning of this thread, you'll notice the image showed up in 2008. i believe the un-numbered ones were part of the original (rejected) printing. my guess is that the first printing was actually towards the end of 2008, were originally not used or signed.

the numbered (final) versions were printed in 2009 and signed that way.

my guess is that he decided to sign the original ones as 2008 because that was the year they were actually printed.
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

thanks for the reply.. I guess i should have been more clear. Im pretty familiar with the whole rejected and re printed run.
What I should have been more clear about is this... In the rejected run I have seen Ones that have been signed 08 and ones signed 09.

It makes sense that the final versions were all signed 09. and it makes sense that the rejected ones were signed in 08 due to the timing of the year when each was respectfully printed.. I get that.
What im trying to find info on is why would the rejected ones i have seen are signed 08 or 09 .
While im on the topic I wonder how many of those rejected ones made it out and in collectors hands. From some of the installation snap shots vie seen it looks like a lot of rejected ones ended up plastered on walls?\