Iconoclast Editions' new Soup Can releases (WAS: GUESS ...)

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
wetpaint
Swindler

Re: Re:

Post by wetpaint »

admonkey wrote:
gpt104 wrote:Getting mine on Friday!

AM - I hope someone is going to pick that up
Scheduled delivery says the 3rd (I leave on the 4th), but UPS is about as likely to hit their dates as they are to become concerned with safe and gentle delivery. (I'm counting on the blast-proof packaging people have bragged about.)
I have never had a problem with the scheduled delivery on overnight ups and UPS 2nd day. I've also never had an issue with a damaged print unless it was sent via UPS ground. Just saying. Maybe I havent been around long enough to feel that pain, but I'm confident I will be a happy person tomorrow when the print arrives. Wooohooo!!
cerebus
Posse

Post by cerebus »

admonkey wrote:
I live next door to a funeral home; I'll call the hospital and see who's on their last legs and maybe coordinate with one of their family members to swing by and pick it up after the memorial service.

Sometimes solving a problem calls for improvisation.
That's thinking outside the box.

Or thinking of someone inside a box.
Deloused
Swindler

Re: Iconoclast Editions' new Soup Can releases (WAS: GUESS ...)

Post by Deloused »

Shipping confirmation here :o
wetpaint
Swindler

Post by wetpaint »

Got mine today and it looks great!! The shipping reminded me of Upper Playground's flat shipping. It was packaed extremely well. Thanks Iconoclast!!
rawdawg
Punk

Post by rawdawg »

Got mine today with a HUGE effing hole in the box right beneath the "FRAGILE" sticker... nice touch UPS. Of course the print is damaged, just emailed iconoclast.
"You're only as original as the obscurity of your sources" –Picasso
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

wetpaint wrote:
admonkey wrote:

Scheduled delivery says the 3rd (I leave on the 4th), but UPS is about as likely to hit their dates as they are to become concerned with safe and gentle delivery. (I'm counting on the blast-proof packaging people have bragged about.)
I have never had a problem with the scheduled delivery on overnight ups and UPS 2nd day. I've also never had an issue with a damaged print unless it was sent via UPS ground. Just saying.
Mine is "In Transit - Rescheduled," now for July 6 (when I'll be out of town), just as I expected.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
gpt104
Giant

Post by gpt104 »

admonkey wrote:
wetpaint wrote:
admonkey wrote:

I have never had a problem with the scheduled delivery on overnight ups and UPS 2nd day. I've also never had an issue with a damaged print unless it was sent via UPS ground. Just saying.
Mine is "In Transit - Rescheduled," now for July 6 (when I'll be out of town), just as I expected.
Good call on that one - just checked mine and same thing. I'm betting they went out late. No matter, just as long as it gets here safe.
Collection & Wants: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=3093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Despinetta
Posse

Post by Despinetta »

Mine arrived yesterday with one side of the box stove in so badly its center was depressed an inch and a half. Got lucky - the paper wadding inside (barely) protected the envelope containing the print. Narrow escape, lovely print.
"Someday my prints will come....." - Blanca, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

3 of my last 4 UPS deliveries have been ruined. Now the delivery date has changed from today to Monday. I hope this one survives the weekend. Probably no replacements on this one??
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

Mine was supposed to arrive yesterday, was rescheduled for today and they tried to deliver while I was out watching a polo match. UPS pisses me off. At least Fedex has an address to go pick it up right on the slip.

---------

Thwarted UPS and went and got it. Nice packing job, but a little tedious to open while fearing for the print. :-) Mint fresh and sweet. This print doesn't have the thick ink the weekly stuff does, but it's very nice.
Submit. Rapture.
whynot1
Posse

Post by whynot1 »

Just received mine today... Really nice in person!!

Looking forward to getting the set on the wall.
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
swellstylez
Posse

Post by swellstylez »

Do they require a signed signature upon delivery? Thanks!
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

swellstylez wrote:Do they require a signed signature upon delivery? Thanks!
Yes.
Submit. Rapture.
jamel-d
Punk

Post by jamel-d »

MunkeyPants wrote:
Yes.
No
jshea
Propaganda Engineer

Post by jshea »

Not on mine.
wetpaint
Swindler

Post by wetpaint »

No they do not require a sig. If you are there, they may ask for one, but I wasnt and he left it on my deck.
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

I wasn't there and they wouldn't leave it. YRMV
Submit. Rapture.
Raggadrop
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Raggadrop »

Are these actually hand-pulled (as advertised)?
Cookie Head
Giant

Re:

Post by Cookie Head »

Raggadrop wrote:Are these actually hand-pulled (as advertised)?
No.
havana
Swindler

Post by havana »

Boy! iCONoclast are real doouche bag rip off merchants. If your purchase of Soup Can II was unsuccessful for whatever reason, first they hold your money whilst promising you that you'll get another print from the series, then 3 weeks later throw a curve ball by saying you can have the chance to purchase Soup Can III or IV before the drop.
Only thing is you have to put $950 in their greedy hands to ensure that you can get one before the rest of the plebs!
Gimme back my bloody money! I can get it off ebay for much less!
What is the world coming too when the original publishers are worse flippers than Mr or Mrs Have-A-Go-At-
Making-A-Profit-For-A-Print-In-A-Day!
jshea
Propaganda Engineer

Post by jshea »

havana wrote:Boy! iCONoclast are real doouche bag rip off merchants. If your purchase of Soup Can II was unsuccessful for whatever reason, first they hold your money whilst promising you that you'll get another print from the series, then 3 weeks later throw a curve ball by saying you can have the chance to purchase Soup Can III or IV before the drop.
Only thing is you have to put $950 in their greedy hands to ensure that you can get one before the rest of the plebs!
What is the world coming too when the original publishers are worse flippers than Mr or Mrs Have-A-Go-At-
Okay. Then sell yours back to them and buy one off ebay. Problem solved.
havana
Swindler

Post by havana »

How does buying a print off them for $950 then selling it back for less solves the problem?
enemytank
Swindler

Post by enemytank »

havana wrote:Boy! iCONoclast are real doouche bag rip off merchants. If your purchase of Soup Can II was unsuccessful for whatever reason, first they hold your money whilst promising you that you'll get another print from the series, then 3 weeks later throw a curve ball by saying you can have the chance to purchase Soup Can III or IV before the drop.
i got the same offer but declined as I don't have the $$ to go that deep - i thought it was a nice gesture -- better than nothing... but i really wonder who will go for it. I'll have to take my chances in the trenches on the 3 drop and hope for a better outcome..
jshea
Propaganda Engineer

Post by jshea »

havana wrote:How does buying a print off them for $950 then selling it back for less solves the problem?
They are offering $900 for the buy-back. So you're complaining about $50? Really?
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

So they made you an offer and you turned it down? That hardly sounds like a rip-off.