Sea Shepherd

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
rumspring
Giant

Sea Shepherd

Post by rumspring »

So, this is the first time I've created a new topic.

This is for the Sea Shepherd / Paul Watson screen print that is in the works.
obeygiant.com wrote:The Sea Shepherd organization’s mission is to protect the Oceans. I did a portrait of founder Paul Watson that will be available as a fine art piece and a screen printed poster.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

I've seen the show and that guy is a d1ck. I'm all for saving the whales but not in the terrorist fashion he does.
mr Revs
Giant

Post by mr Revs »

that might be the pass of the century.
Check out my T-shirt quilts
gpt104
Giant

Re:

Post by gpt104 »

mr Revs wrote:that might be the pass of the century.
Couldn't agree more. Shep keep this as a one off fine art.
Collection & Wants: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=3093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mention
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Sea Shepherd

Post by mention »

I can't figure out why so many artists (art, music, etc...) continue to have their names associated with this group of eco-terrorists?

Sadly the only thing this guy will accomplish is to kill one or more members of his 'crew' with his incompetence.
rumspring
Giant

Post by rumspring »

So, have you guys seen The Cove movie or are you talking about the reality TV stuff? (IMO Reality TV is nothing but poorly acted impromptu conflict and drama these days, so I'm not surprised if that sucks.) I haven't seen any of it and it sounds like I might not need to be too sad that I didn't try to see The Cove at the Sundance Film Festival (one of the few things in Utah that are semi-hip and mainstream). I'm sure I'll eventually see it on DVD.
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

Guy isnt an actual vegetarian either.
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
kingburdy
Obey Addict

Re:

Post by kingburdy »

fribhey wrote:I've seen the show and that guy is a d1ck. I'm all for saving the whales but not in the terrorist fashion he does.
Yea I really don't like their tactics either, makes them come off as a bunch of geeks being terrorist or wanabe pirates.

Gotta say thats a cool piece minus the skipper.
noetic
Giant

Re:

Post by noetic »

zanzi123 wrote:Guy isnt an actual vegetarian either.
Walruses prefer molluscs - mainly bivalves such as clams. They also eat many other kinds of benthic invertebrates including worms, gastropods, cephalopods, crustaceans, sea cucumbers, and other soft-bodied animals. Walruses may occasionally prey on fishes such as polar cod.
I Rock The Mic Like It's My Last Chance To Breathe
Display A Level Of Skill You Could Only Hope To Achieve
mention
Propaganda Engineer

Post by mention »

rumspring wrote:So, have you guys seen The Cove movie or are you talking about the reality TV stuff? (IMO Reality TV is nothing but poorly acted impromptu conflict and drama these days, so I'm not surprised if that sucks.) I haven't seen any of it and it sounds like I might not need to be too sad that I didn't try to see The Cove at the Sundance Film Festival (one of the few things in Utah that are semi-hip and mainstream). I'm sure I'll eventually see it on DVD.
I've only seen Whale Wars, and done a bit of research online. There are plenty of youtube clips you can watch. Interestingly, the wikipedia pages for Sea Shepherd and Paul Watson have been scrubbed to make them both look better since the last time I've read them, so it's harder to find information on them.

Here is a snippet from Greenpeace.

I love how he's always putting his vessel in harms way. They could easily puncture a fuel tank on his boat, or the japanese vessels. How many animals would that kill Paul?
djsp
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by djsp »

noetic wrote:
Walruses prefer molluscs - mainly bivalves such as clams. They also eat many other kinds of benthic invertebrates including worms, gastropods, cephalopods, crustaceans, sea cucumbers, and other soft-bodied animals. Walruses may occasionally prey on fishes such as polar cod.
:lol:
analogtrash
Giant

Post by analogtrash »

djsp wrote:
noetic wrote:
Some pictures of these animals would have made great collage elements for this piece.
battlered
Propaganda Engineer

Post by battlered »

noetic wrote:
as long as we keep him in the tank the children of Japan should be a-okay... goo goo g'joob
estimatedstation
Swindler

Post by estimatedstation »

Yeah...I really don't get it. If you want to make an art piece to show your support for protecting sea life why not make a piece that shows some of that sea life?

There is some cool stuff in the ocean and I think that would have more of an impact than this guys mug...I mean seriously...even you 100% supported this cause & liked Paul Watson it would be hard to imagine this on a wall.

**EDIT TO ADD: I really am enjoying this color scheme - its different but cool and I hope to see more pieces incorporate it**
Last edited by estimatedstation on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

I like the use of red AND blue in that piece.
ninfan
Punk

Post by ninfan »

Thanks for that link from Greenpeace

mention wrote:
rumspring wrote:So, have you guys seen The Cove movie or are you talking about the reality TV stuff? (IMO Reality TV is nothing but poorly acted impromptu conflict and drama these days, so I'm not surprised if that sucks.) I haven't seen any of it and it sounds like I might not need to be too sad that I didn't try to see The Cove at the Sundance Film Festival (one of the few things in Utah that are semi-hip and mainstream). I'm sure I'll eventually see it on DVD.
I've only seen Whale Wars, and done a bit of research online. There are plenty of youtube clips you can watch. Interestingly, the wikipedia pages for Sea Shepherd and Paul Watson have been scrubbed to make them both look better since the last time I've read them, so it's harder to find information on them.

Here is a snippet from Greenpeace.

I love how he's always putting his vessel in harms way. They could easily puncture a fuel tank on his boat, or the japanese vessels. How many animals would that kill Paul?
“God wills, Man dreams, the Work is born.” F. Pessoa
jandrisani
Posse

Post by jandrisani »

i just threw up in my mouth a little
estimatedstation
Swindler

Post by estimatedstation »

The Greenpeace link above is well worth the read for anyone who might have skipped it.
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

Guy looks like Earnest Hemingway.

Pass
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
kingofprussia
Posse

Post by kingofprussia »

Ugh. Pass
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

I like the application of color as was previously stated, but my god!? is he looking for a Big Proof replacement? Scrap the screenprint idea if you ask me.

Pass
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

estimatedstation wrote:Yeah...I really don't get it. If you want to make an art piece to show your support for protecting sea life why not make a piece that shows some of that sea life?

There is some cool stuff in the ocean and I think that would have more of an impact than this guys mug...I mean seriously...even you 100% supported this cause & liked Paul Watson it would be hard to imagine this on a wall.
completely agree.
ninfan
Punk

Post by ninfan »

I like the piece except for the big fat head on it. Shep forget this guy
“God wills, Man dreams, the Work is born.” F. Pessoa
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

Since the hair looks almost as good as fiend rocker, does anyone want to do a version of this
with the fiend rocker face?
GiantTarHeel
Posse

Post by GiantTarHeel »

Shep should have made a print of Shannon from Whale Wars! I'd be much more willing to buy this as a print!

http://www.poptower.com/images/db/9113/ ... e-wars.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;