Iconoclast Editions' new Soup Can releases (WAS: GUESS ...)

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
hames002
Giant

Re: Iconoclast Editions' new Soup Can releases (WAS: GUESS ...)

Post by hames002 »

hangintough wrote:it's going down in price. HA!

i hope they sell more .. it might make it to $250.00 in 30 or so minutes
heathunter881
Swindler

Re:

Post by heathunter881 »

slidingaround wrote:It now 750
i guess they didn't catch sucked anyone from buying this stupid print for $950 lol.
SCAM ALERT - yoyoyo (w/proof)
mention
Propaganda Engineer

Post by mention »

People are letting them expire in their carts, so they become available again as there is more in stock. Hence the price drop.
mysweetmary
Swindler

Post by mysweetmary »

I'm not surprised at today's "release" based on my experience with the Soup Can 2 print.
mysweetmary wrote:
Iconoclast Editions wrote:A quick note. We will be relaunching our website in the coming weeks, and we intend to address any and all potential ordering issues specifically. As for the person who recently posted a claim about getting a confirmation of their order, and then not receiving a print. This person's print was held for a full month before it was released to the first person on the waiting list. We made at least 6 phone calls and sent at least 6 emails requesting that this person call us due to a problem with their address confirmation. After several attempts we notified them of the need to call and confirm their info, or their print would be released to the next person in line. This person never called us, or emailed us. Not once, until a few days ago....more than a month after our initial and multiple attempts to contact them. The overwhelming majority of our customers who succsessfully and legitmately placed a Soup Can order have been satisfied with their experience with us. Those who have expressed dissatisfaction have typically been those who tried to scam our checkout system either while the print was available, or after it was sold out. While we do not post often here, we will however as needed, post to clarify our policies and customer service efforts, especially when we have been mischaracterized. Soup Can III will be released in a few weeks. Thanks, and hope everyone is having a nice summer.

A side note. We recently met with staff members at the CAC in Cincinnati. Shepard's Supply&Demand exhibition will open there in February. The CAC has asked us to help produce and coordinate public murals by Shepard throughout the city beginning in March. We hope those of you in the region will come visit, and those passsing through will make a stop. The exhibit will be up through the summer of 2010.
To Iconoclast:

I (obviously) wanted the Soup Can 2 print and you decided not to honor my order. You called and left me 1 voice message very shortly after my initial online order, which I then returned and left you a voice message. After that you then re-confirmed my order by email.

No other voice messages. None. Why WOULDN'T I return them? I called you back once right away so why wouldn't I call you back again? Or email you if I knew it was going to lose me my print (which, by the way, you had already confirmed). You claimed to have sent me emails but I never got them. And I check my email several times every hour. Again, why WOULDN'T I return them if I knew I wouldn't get the print? It makes no sense.

And to claim that those who are dissatisfied are typically those who were trying to "scam" the checkout system is quite a statement. In no way was I "scaming" anyone. If you look at the time I ordered you would see I was one of the first to buy a print.

June 9, 2009 2:58 PM email announcment goes out new Soup Can available.
JUNE 9, 2009 3:02 PM Thank you for your order email received.
JUNE 9, 2009 3:03 PM Order Confirmation email received.

It's not like it was sitting in the cart for hours or days. I bought it within minutes after it went up. So am I "scamming" the checkout system as you claim? And after those emails at 3:02PM and 3:03PM you left me a voice message, I returned your call and left you a voice message, then you responded to my voice message by sending me an additional email (re)confirmation. How exactly am I scamming anyone? Sorry, but I am not a "scammer" as you've stated.

First Soup Cans priced for $250, $350, $400.....
Last Iconoclast Soup Cans sold for $2,750.

I could tell from your recent emails I wasn't going to get a print, and you made it quite clear it was all my fault and that it cost me my print. For some reason I just expected you would fix the problem & send the print but instead got told off. I don't want or expect to get a Soup Can 2. Or 3. Or 4. I like to have fun collecting and this is anything but. For $250 or even $2750 it's not worth it.

[Posted by 98.14.147.211 via http://webwarper.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; This is added while posting a message to avoid misuse.
Try: http://webwarper.net/webwarper.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Example of viewing: http://www.webwarper.net/ww/~av/forum.t ... &start=750" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ]

[Posted by 66.108.36.33 via http://algart.net/ww" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; This is added while posting a message to avoid misuse.
Try: http://webwarper.net/webwarper.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Example of viewing: http://webwarper.net/ww/~av/lycos.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ]
Current Want List March 2010: Fairey Mujer Fatal, Murakami prints, Hirst prints & skate decks, Koons editions, Dzama, Kaws prints.

GOOD TRADES: DZEL, submit, easycraig, drew-k, lazk

[Posted by 69.204.226.170 via http://webwarper.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; This is added while posting a message to avoid misuse.
Try: http://webwarper.net/webwarper.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Example of viewing: http://webwarper.net/ww/~av/forum.thegi ... .php?i=164" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ]
hames002
Giant

Post by hames002 »

...back to $950.00

thats horrible for the first hour ... CAN II was a steal at 250
rawdawg
Punk

Post by rawdawg »

PASSSSSSSS!!!... Has anyone here actually bought one?
"You're only as original as the obscurity of your sources" –Picasso
toast19
Punk

Post by toast19 »

Tweet from Icono: "IconoNews:The print started at $250. The site seems to be working fine. The cart timeout limit is 5 minutes. Please bear that in mind."
oilcan
Punk

Post by oilcan »

it could have been worse, they could have made y'all wait another 4 or 5 hours ...
jak88
Giant

Post by jak88 »

According to Iconoclast:
The print started at $250. The site seems to be working fine. The cart timeout limit is 5 minutes. Please bear that in mind.
I am waiting to hear one person who can confirm they purchased anywhere betw 250 and 750 ...
havana
Swindler

Post by havana »

havana wrote:
Iconoclast Editions wrote:We havent been on here for a few weeks, but just to clarify....Our offer to buy back SCII was for $900, not $600. A couple of people took us up on the offer, sent us payment details, then decided against it at the last minute before we sent the money via paypal. So, officially, no one took us up on the offer. We wish people did honestly. We have a lot of people who really want SCII.

SCII is no longer available. We are currently updating our site, and doing some testing on it, hence the appearance of available inventory today for a brief period of time. There are none available. SCIII will release in a few weeks. Thank you.
Oldest con sales trick in the world. Of course no one took up the buy back at $900. It's just a marketing trick to sell the next one at $950. Just to 'appease' you folks, maybe 'one' might be on the site for $250, but mark my words, the rest will be sold from $950. At least the last two releases will keep them afloat a while longer....
... Seems I was wrong, I apologise for calling you a scummy no good sleazeball opportunist dooouche bag two trick donkey amateurs for dealers !
You are only selling the print from $750! :mrgreen:
Stone Age
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Stone Age »

S-H-A-D-Y
erne
Punk

Post by erne »

complete joke...750 no thx!!!
mention
Propaganda Engineer

Post by mention »

mysweetmary wrote:I'm not surprised at today's "release" based on my experience with the Soup Can 2 print.
What makes your experience worse is that they are buying them off ebay, and instead of offering one to you for your original price, because of their screw up, and take a small loss to keep a customer, they'd rather flip them to their 'collectors'. scumFUCKINbags.
password
Giant

Post by password »

They are getting a lot of love on their Facebook page:

"Mic Lipp frankfurter YOU!!! HATE HATE HATE!!! FILLING PAGE WITH HATE!!!!!!!!!!"

Oh, and there seems to be a lot of accusations of rape
adambad
Giant

Post by adambad »

so did anyone here buy one at any price?
heathunter881
Swindler

Post by heathunter881 »

everyone on twitter should blast this stupid company.
SCAM ALERT - yoyoyo (w/proof)
analogtrash
Giant

Post by analogtrash »

They had to clean up their facebook page already because all of their "fans" are talking public garbage about them and this release. Backfire.
password
Giant

Re:

Post by password »

password wrote:They are getting a lot of love on their Facebook page:

"Mic Lipp frankfurter YOU!!! HATE HATE HATE!!! FILLING PAGE WITH HATE!!!!!!!!!!"

They've disabled viewing of their wall posts!
mention
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by mention »

toast19 wrote:Tweet from Icono: "IconoNews:The print started at $250. The site seems to be working fine. The cart timeout limit is 5 minutes. Please bear that in mind."
Funny, I've only got their page to load a few times. Most of the time I see this:
Server Error in '/' Application.
The parameter 'address' cannot be an empty string.
Parameter name: address
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The parameter 'address' cannot be an empty string.
Parameter name: address

Source Error:

Line 54: Mail.Subject = "Website Mailing List Request from " & email_address.Text
Line 55: Mail.Body = email_address.Text & " has been added to the mailing list"
Line 56: Mail.ReplyTo = New MailAddress(email_address.Text)
Line 57: Dim SMTP As New SmtpClient("smtp-relay.isoc.net")
Line 58: SMTP.Send(Mail)

Source File: D:\Domains\vhosts\iconoclasteditions.com\httpdocs\Templates\Client.master.vb Line: 56

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: The parameter 'address' cannot be an empty string.
Parameter name: address]
System.Net.Mail.MailAddress..ctor(String address, String displayName, Encoding displayNameEncoding) +1097749
System.Net.Mail.MailAddress..ctor(String address) +8
MasterPage.ImageButton1_Click(Object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) in D:\Domains\vhosts\iconoclasteditions.com\httpdocs\Templates\Client.master.vb:56
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +108
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +118
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053
ritedere
Giant

Post by ritedere »

The fact that the price keeps going up and down makes it look like the it's based on the print being carted and NOT sold, which obviously would make a huge difference in the price structure and the prices they're available at.

I doubt that was their intention to have it do that, but either they dont realize it or dont care.
spagucci1
Giant

Re:

Post by spagucci1 »

password wrote:They are getting a lot of love on their Facebook page:

I can't even leave comments on their Facebook. People are letting them have it!!! I love it!! This shady company need to be outed for the crooks that they are!!!!
oldfartatplay
Swindler

Post by oldfartatplay »

Looks like they are trying their best deleting all the hate on their facebook "fan" page.
DZEL
Giant

Post by DZEL »

they've blocked all comments. a$$holes.
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

I sent a few on Twitter. Pack o bastards.
DZEL
Giant

Post by DZEL »

and now they've deleted all the comments fom their FB page.
lol.
class act they are...