OFFICIAL ANTICIPATION: JAWS WAVE PRINT 9/29

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
spagucci1
Giant

Re:

Post by spagucci1 »

barbee wrote:Odd, MJ 18x24s are now available again, through the link on OG's front page.

Only sigle are available... sets are sold out.......
synecdoche
Posse

Post by synecdoche »

got one. headed for the wall, unless a sunset appears
ninfan
Punk

Re: OFFICIAL ANTICIPATION: JAWS WAVE PRINT 9/29

Post by ninfan »

Got this and a Jordan set - I never got this lucky before.
“God wills, Man dreams, the Work is born.” F. Pessoa
agent_samsonite
Punk

Post by agent_samsonite »

wowwwww already up on ebay, mother fu21@###!
"Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble" - Old Arabian proverb
analogtrash
Giant

Post by analogtrash »

Got one. The only appropriate word to describe aquiring this surf print would be "stoked".
SBomb23
Punk

Post by SBomb23 »

something seems funky about the Jordan prints. Keep seeing people saying sold out then available here and then there. Maybe the flippers just can't keep up if prints aren't released directly on OG
sas
Posse

Post by sas »

I got a paypal reciept via email but errored out at the obey final submit. Did I get it or not?
Paradigm
Swindler

Re:

Post by Paradigm »

SBomb23 wrote:something seems funky about the Jordan prints. Keep seeing people saying sold out then available here and then there. Maybe the flippers just can't keep up if prints aren't released directly on OG
they did a presale or something...the sets are sold out, but individuals are still up
creestofer
Propaganda Engineer

Post by creestofer »

congrats to everyone who got one (including me :mrgreen: ) today is a good day.
it seems to me that to call an achieved work 'good art' and an unachieved work 'bad art,' is like calling one color 'good red' and another 'bad red' when the second one is green.
amsterdam9697
Punk

Post by amsterdam9697 »

Finally.... my first Obey score during a legit drop... and it's going up in the new home office, so it's deductible :lol:

Curious about one thing... I'm thinking as they've held quite a bit back from the edition for the Auction, etc. that there won't be any refunds issued from the sale today and we're all f**king set! Or, am I being an optimist? :roll:
HolyShep
Propaganda Engineer

Post by HolyShep »

I wanna ask anyone on the fence about keeping this print, if you choose not to keep it, I'd be super stoked to have one. I am Hawaiian, a waterman and need this in my life! :cry:
Paradigm
Swindler

Re:

Post by Paradigm »

strangeloop wrote:That sold out in like 7 minutes. Wow.
is that long for nowadays? ive seen them sell out faster...then again, i remember them taking 6 months to sell out certain prints back in the day. usually its the durn servers that hold everything up (and probably still do). havent gotten a print on the OG website in sooooooo long
brintoul
Giant

Re:

Post by brintoul »

sas wrote:I got a paypal reciept via email but errored out at the obey final submit. Did I get it or not?
We've gone over this seriously over 200 times, I'd say. IF YOU GOT THE PAYPAL RECEIPT YOU ARE MOST LIKELY GOLDEN. UNLESS YOU GOT A REFUND, YOU ARE GOLDEN.

Post by estimatedstation »

durn...missed it by 15 minutes. Was in a meeting that ran over for an hour.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: Re:

Post by conartstudio »

Paradigm wrote:
is that long for nowadays? ive seen them sell out faster...then again, i remember them taking 6 months to sell out certain prints back in the day. usually its the durn servers that hold everything up (and probably still do). havent gotten a print on the OG website in sooooooo long
we are so used to server freeze ups that typical releases can take 10-20 minutes to sell out.... so when it sells out in less then that without any server issues then a WOW is warranted :)

heII, i remember the days of the instant sell out when the paypal button would just appear one spilt second and gone the next.... and even if you were able to buy one you had to wait a week to see if you were refunded.
sas
Posse

Post by sas »

brintoul wrote:
sas wrote:I got a paypal reciept via email but errored out at the obey final submit. Did I get it or not?
We've gone over this seriously over 200 times, I'd say. IF YOU GOT THE PAYPAL RECEIPT YOU ARE MOST LIKELY GOLDEN. UNLESS YOU GOT A REFUND, YOU ARE GOLDEN.
Thanks
barbee
Swindler

Post by barbee »

fribhey wrote:
Paradigm wrote:
we are so used to server freeze ups that typical releases can take 10-20 minutes to sell out.... so when it sells out in less then that without any server issues then a WOW is warranted :)
QFT. Makes me think that there's no way OG sold 450 during that time. Too much history to the contrary.
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

barbee wrote:
fribhey wrote:
Paradigm wrote:
QFT. Makes me think that there's no way OG sold 450 during that time. Too much history to the contrary.
Thats because they didn't sell 450. They are holding some back for the fundraiser......
JVB
Giant

Post by JVB »

Is anybody going to the fundraiser and wants to pick one up for me? I would, but I'll be on the east coast that weekend (I spend half of my month on the east coast, the other half in san diego).

I'll definitely throw some extra coin your way if you can get me one.
"Barbarians in fur coats are still barbarians."
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

Disclaimer: I don't edit my collections on here anymore. I prefer to be mysterious. Kind of like that burning sensation... Which one gifted me that?
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

spagucci1 wrote:
barbee wrote:
fribhey wrote:
Paradigm wrote:
Thats because they didn't sell 450. They are holding some back for the fundraiser......
well i still think they sold about 300+ because someone on EB posted an order number about 300 higher then the one i had.
gpt104
Giant

Post by gpt104 »

Scored - considering making this a gift from my brother. Much bigger surfer than I. Easy day though
Collection & Wants: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=3093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
funkguru
Posse

Post by funkguru »

It would be nice if Obey put a small allotment of each new release on their website for $150 with the difference going to a charity each time.
Paradigm
Swindler

Post by Paradigm »

fribhey wrote:
Paradigm wrote:

heII, i remember the days of the instant sell out when the paypal button would just appear one spilt second and gone the next.... and even if you were able to buy one you had to wait a week to see if you were refunded.
yeah, i remember sitting around F5'ing all day waiting for prints...i kick myself when i think back of all the prints i didnt buy (or have the money to buy back in college). back when no one really knew Shepard mainstream-wise, prints would literally sit there for months on the site. i still have like 5 Stay Up Chakas somewhere...

EDIT: wow! someone, somewhere paid $280 for Stay Up Chaka? amazing...
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/32704" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
funkguru wrote:It would be nice if Obey put a small allotment of each new release on their website for $150 with the difference going to a charity each time.
i'm all for that idea...
stinkypete
Giant

Post by stinkypete »

irony anyone/ I get up at 6.15 here, just miss the wave print and now we are awaiting word on an evacuation order due to a tsunami!!
ha
"Have you anything to say. No? Then shut up. Lest you are a woman in
which case carry on - It's delightful."
Simon Munnery
alwaysalx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by alwaysalx »

stinkypete wrote:irony anyone/ I get up at 6.15 here, just miss the wave print and now we are awaiting word on an evacuation order due to a tsunami!!
ha
Maybe Shepard knows a lot more than we think he does, hmmmm!
'the best things in life, are not things!