OFFICIAL ANTICIPATION: Writing On The Wall

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: Re:

Post by conartstudio »

oilcan wrote:
slidingaround wrote:Dont think it's quite as bad as everyone is making out ...
Yes, it is that bad.
+100
add 'em
Swindler

Re: OFFICIAL ANTICIPATION: Writing On The Wall

Post by add 'em »

I dont usually knock stuff im not feeling but this is REALLY bad...
add 'em subtract 'em
El Zorro
Punk

Post by El Zorro »

bwahahahahahaha, Fairey's career is DONE. Sure he will keep making lots of $, but his days of creating anything worthwhile are OVER
Giant

Post by 843 »

wierd, one has a camera and the other doesnt?? Regardless, this sux!
notudon
Giant

Post by notudon »

Looks like it will be easy for me to pick these up at least.
Check out my print collection. http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=12750" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jonathancol
Posse

Post by jonathancol »

This will save me some money this week. It has been a while since we've had 5 limited releases available at the same time. Where's the 'American Pioneers' series?
zoonky
Punk

Post by zoonky »

it's... er.... different?
Jamessmith77
Posse

Post by Jamessmith77 »

G..........................A...............................Y
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

Funniest thread EVER

ramirez
Punk

Post by ramirez »

I Think it's Richard Hell of The Voidoids
comiconart
Propaganda Engineer

Post by comiconart »

This epitomizes everything I despise about a LOT of his recent work. The quality control is nonexistent. I really wish he would concern himself a bit more with producing QUALITY WORK rather than just feeling compelled to release any old piece of crepe each and every week. I think most interns at SNO could create a print way better than this. The message is trite and obvious, the artwork is uninspired, and the camera...?!?

I just keep looking through the amazing body of work produced over the last 20 years, and wondering...where has the passion gone?

So.

incredibly.

disappointing.
muggy
Swindler

Post by muggy »

comiconart wrote:This epitomizes everything I despise about a LOT of his recent work. The quality control is nonexistent. I really wish he would concern himself a bit more with producing QUALITY WORK rather than just feeling compelled to release any old piece of crepe each and every week. I think most interns at SNO could create a print way better than this. The message is trite and obvious, the artwork is uninspired, and the camera...?!?

I just keep looking through the amazing body of work produced over the last 20 years, and wondering...where has the passion gone?

So.

incredibly.

disappointing.
Passion has been replaced with $$$ :twisted: It happens all of the time. Eventually, he will come back. example: Dave Chapelle
Mira263
Giant

Post by Mira263 »

Nice, another week I save $50. WTF is going on a SNO these days? Is he recruting ppl in high school for workshops? This is complete crepe... IMHO that is
IG - ATXjeweler
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

comiconart wrote: I think most interns at SNO could create a print way better than this. The message is trite and obvious, the artwork is uninspired, and the camera...?!?
why do i get the feeling the reason why there's been a recent run of bad prints is because the ones creating them ARE the interns
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

fribhey wrote:
comiconart wrote: I think most interns at SNO could create a print way better than this. The message is trite and obvious, the artwork is uninspired, and the camera...?!?
why do i get the feeling the reason why there's been a recent run of bad prints is because the ones creating them ARE the interns
:nod:
sti2relaxxin
Posse

Post by sti2relaxxin »

[/quote]
Like none of you ever dressed like this '89-'91 :D[/quote]
I was a skateboarder through 89-91 and my pants were 10 times bigger than this. Now they are about 5 times bigger. I don't know how anyone can comfortably walk around in these tight pants unless they are castrated. It just baffles me to see skateboarders wearing painted on jeans nowadays!!!
I love my STi.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

comiconart wrote: The quality control is nonexistent.
i think part of the problem is that his employees are star stuck by their own employer so much so that they don't have the balls to speak up and say something doesn't look good. if you are only surrounded by "yes men" then your perception of what is esthetically good and bad becomes skewed. it's very difficult to think something is bad when everyone around you is kissing your a$$ and telling you how awesome you are and the work you are doing is.

he needs people with balls who will give him an honest opinion without caring about shattering his ego.... shepard, if you are reading this, i'm available as a consultant. if you need references just ask around on the forum and people will tell you i don't sugar coat anything :lol:
comiconart
Propaganda Engineer

Post by comiconart »

Comment from omgposters:

I made a better piece of art this morning in my toilet bowl!

I would not wipe my a$$ with this print…..
sti2relaxxin
Posse

Re:

Post by sti2relaxxin »

Anyone know where I can score a pair of these?
I love my STi.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

sti2relaxxin wrote:
Like none of you ever dressed like this '89-'91 :D
I was a skateboarder through 89-91 and my pants were 10 times bigger than this. Now they are about 5 times bigger. I don't know how anyone can comfortably walk around in these tight pants unless they are castrated. It just baffles me to see skateboarders wearing painted on jeans nowadays!!!
right?!!

the resident 13 year old models himself after the pro skater corey duffel... i keep asking him when he's going to get stirrups for his leggins and just go the whole durn way with it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

just say no to skinny jeans: http://doubleagent.com/agent/tiffany/vi ... ny-jeans-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

how does one walk around with those things??! my boys need some room!!
on point like a decimalist?
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

fribhey wrote:
comiconart wrote:
he needs people with balls who will give him an honest opinion without caring about shattering his ego..:
I think JRF was good like that.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
sti2relaxxin
Posse

Post by sti2relaxxin »

whyhoo wrote:
sti2relaxxin wrote:
right?!!

the resident 13 year old models himself after the pro skater corey duffel... i keep asking him when he's going to get stirrups for his leggins and just go the whole durn way with it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

just say no to skinny jeans: http://doubleagent.com/agent/tiffany/vi ... ny-jeans-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ha! ESPECIALLY when skateboarding. Your legs are basically doing the equivalent of karate moves and even the Asians need to wear loose fitting clothing for kung-foo!
Last edited by sti2relaxxin on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love my STi.
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

sti2relaxxin wrote:
whyhoo wrote:
sti2relaxxin wrote:
right?!!

Ha! ESPECIALLY when skateboarding. Your legs are basically doing the equivalent of karate moves and even the orientals need to wear loose fitting clothing for kung-foo!
Asians. Orientals is is not the preferred nomenclature.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
sti2relaxxin
Posse

Post by sti2relaxxin »

Fixed!
I love my STi.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

fribhey wrote:
comiconart wrote: The quality control is nonexistent.
i think part of the problem is that his employees are star stuck by their own employer so much so that they don't have the balls to speak up and say something doesn't look good. if you are only surrounded by "yes men" then your perception of what is esthetically good and bad becomes skewed. it's very difficult to think something is bad when everyone around you is kissing your a$$ and telling you how awesome you are and the work you are doing is.

he needs people with balls who will give him an honest opinion without caring about shattering his ego.... shepard, if you are reading this, i'm available as a consultant. if you need references just ask around on the forum and people will tell you i don't sugar coat anything :lol:

fribhey wrote:people need to stop telling the artist how to create his art. if you don't like it they way he decided to make it then don't buy it.
^^^ :lol: ^^^