OFFICIAL ANTICIPATION: Writing On The Wall

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
s_k_y
Propaganda Engineer

Re: OFFICIAL ANTICIPATION: Writing On The Wall

Post by s_k_y »

fribhey wrote:
comiconart wrote: The quality control is nonexistent.
i think part of the problem is that his employees are star stuck by their own employer so much so that they don't have the balls to speak up and say something doesn't look good. if you are only surrounded by "yes men" then your perception of what is esthetically good and bad becomes skewed. it's very difficult to think something is bad when everyone around you is kissing your a$$ and telling you how awesome you are and the work you are doing is.
I think you need to take this a step farther - if SHEPARD actually thinks this is a strong image and is willing to sign his name to it, then what does that say about him and where his motivation/inspiration is headed?

I'm glad I held on to things like WBN and Peace Tree (but also makes me regret selling War is Over and Sunsets)...maybe we were spoiled by a few good years of high quality images (with the occasional weak one) but the bottom line is he's sliding, and he's sliding fast.
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

slidingaround wrote:
fribhey wrote:
i think part of the problem is that his employees are star stuck by their own employer so much so that they don't have the balls to speak up and say something doesn't look good. if you are only surrounded by "yes men" then your perception of what is esthetically good and bad becomes skewed. it's very difficult to think something is bad when everyone around you is kissing your a$$ and telling you how awesome you are and the work you are doing is.

he needs people with balls who will give him an honest opinion without caring about shattering his ego.... shepard, if you are reading this, i'm available as a consultant. if you need references just ask around on the forum and people will tell you i don't sugar coat anything :lol:

fribhey wrote:people need to stop telling the artist how to create his art. if you don't like it they way he decided to make it then don't buy it.
^^^ :lol: ^^^

:D :lol: :)

douchery
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
Mira263
Giant

Post by Mira263 »

cybernigel wrote: Asians. Orientals is is not the preferred nomenclature.
Dude, Asian-American please.
IG - ATXjeweler
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

slidingaround wrote:
fribhey wrote:

he needs people with balls who will give him an honest opinion without caring about shattering his ego.... shepard, if you are reading this, i'm available as a consultant. if you need references just ask around on the forum and people will tell you i don't sugar coat anything :lol:

fribhey wrote:people need to stop telling the artist how to create his art. if you don't like it they way he decided to make it then don't buy it.
explain to me the part i told shepard how to create his art... oh that's right, i never did. telling someone to surround yourself with honest opinions is not telling someone how to create something.

nice try at putting words in my mouth but you are wrong.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

circa77 wrote:
slidingaround wrote:
fribhey wrote:

douchery
oh really, and where exactly is the part i tell shepard how to create his art?

take a look in the mirror, you will see douchery looking right back at you.

look, i really don't care if you like me or not... but trying to jump on my back based on someone's failed point makes you look like a petty idiot.
Last edited by conartstudio on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

Mira263 wrote:
:-) Point well-taken, but I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that he was referring to folks that still resided in Asia. The important thing is that nobody meant to offend anyone.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
Mira263
Giant

Post by Mira263 »

cybernigel wrote:
Mira263 wrote:
:-) Point well-taken, but I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that he was referring to folks that still resided in Asia. The important thing is that nobody meant to offend anyone.

I just wanted to Quote Lebowski really :) I dont care if anyone gets offended,I gave up trying to be PC years ago
IG - ATXjeweler
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

fribhey wrote:
slidingaround wrote:
fribhey wrote:

explain to me the part i told shepard how to create his art... oh that's right, i never did. telling someone to surround yourself with honest opinions is not telling someone how to create something.

nice try at putting words in my mouth but you are wrong.

Dude, chill!
Im not putting words in your mouth, they are your words. :)
It was just a bit of a laugh, just thought it sounded contradicting. Just messin man. :wink:
rhinomilk
Propaganda Engineer

Post by rhinomilk »

c'mon son!
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

Mira263 wrote:
cybernigel wrote:
Mira263 wrote:

I just wanted to Quote Lebowski really :) I dont care if anyone gets offended,I gave up trying to be PC years ago

and so quickly my faux vision of you changed to asian american! now it's back to the impression i get from your avatar and your words - i wonder how picture people me?! wow that's a good idea for a thread. that could get a bit crazy though.
on point like a decimalist?
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

fribhey wrote:
circa77 wrote:
slidingaround wrote:
fribhey wrote:

douchery
oh really, and where exactly is the part i tell shepard how to create his art?

take a look in the mirror, you will see douchery looking right back at you.

look, i really don't care if you like me or not... but trying to jump on my back based on someone's failed point makes you look like a petty idiot.
Haha! you're funny! :lol:
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

Mira263 wrote:
cybernigel wrote:
Mira263 wrote:

That's a great plan, Mira. That's fvckin' ingenious, if I understand it correctly. It's a Swiss fvckin' watch.
Mira263
Giant

Post by Mira263 »

Best thread in a while for me, im really getting a nice laugh out of it.

whyhoo, I've only been able to imagine you as a cartoon cross between Mario and Andre ever since you put that avatar on lol
IG - ATXjeweler
whyhoo
itsame

Re:

Post by whyhoo »

Mira263 wrote:Best thread in a while for me, im really getting a nice laugh out of it.

whyhoo, I've only been able to imagine you as a cartoon cross between Mario and Andre ever since you put that avatar on lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that's definitely an accurate description!

dyin over here
coldchillin88
Punk

Post by coldchillin88 »

this has turned into a ridic thread
"frankfurter the world dont ask me for garbage, For errythin in life you got to work haaaard for it!"
toobs
Giant

Post by toobs »

Let's talk about Chinese people! With their kung-fu and their silly ching-chang-chong talk! We can't understand you! Go back to yer country! White power! :arrow: :mrgreen:
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that's one of my favorite chappelle sketches - doesn't get much better than clayton bigsby

p.s. are these dropping anytime today?!
distract
Posse

Post by distract »

so many crappy prints lately. super pass.
comiconart
Propaganda Engineer

Post by comiconart »

I would like to lobby that the title of this thread be changed to "OFFICIAL DISAPPOINTMENT: Writing on the Wall"
sti2relaxxin
Posse

Post by sti2relaxxin »

No offense to my asian-american friends out there. The only thing I hate is skinny jeans (and good cheese that goes bad; arrgghhh)!
I love my STi.
brintoul
Giant

Re:

Post by brintoul »

sti2relaxxin wrote:No offense to my asian-american friends out there. The only thing I hate is skinny jeans (and good cheese that goes bad; arrgghhh)!
Funny thing I read one time (in other words, not me telling the story):

I had a friend named Michael who was black and I asked him: "Would you rather be called 'black' or 'African-American'?" and he said "I'd like to be called 'Mike'".

Post by Jamessmith77 »

Is this the worst print ever made by Shep?
eargasm
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by eargasm »

Jamessmith77 wrote:Is this the worst print ever made by Shep?
Unfortunately, it's had some serious competition for that title lately.
** GET UP GALLERY ** (Owner/Curator)
** DRYMOUNTED PRINT RELEASES ** (Owner)
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re:

Post by conartstudio »

it's certainly the worst print made by shep in the last two weeks :lol:
cybernigel
Giant

Re:

Post by cybernigel »

I think it might be.