MBW

Other Artists? We got 'em right here.
klow
Punk

Re: MBW

Post by klow »

Not sure that was the proper use of the phrase "oh snap"? You might want to check the flowchart :D

conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

klow wrote:
Not sure that was the proper use of the phrase "oh snap"? You might want to check the flowchart :D

if you need my joke explained to you to see why the "oh snap" was an appropriate response by cybernigel then you must also be a fan of MBW's work.....

oh snap!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by conartstudio on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Age
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Re:

Post by Stone Age »

itsniceouthtere wrote: Hype is defined as extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion. I'm not here to try and recruit anyone for MBW's team. I simply came here to add my own sense. I prefer to remain anonymous, as I don't really see how it affects anything. Everything I've said is out there for anyone to form their own opinions on anyway.
He's Banksy!
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

banksy still does stuff?
Our influence will be gigantic.
QKocur
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by QKocur »

Stone Age wrote:
itsniceouthtere wrote: Hype is defined as extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion. I'm not here to try and recruit anyone for MBW's team. I simply came here to add my own sense. I prefer to remain anonymous, as I don't really see how it affects anything. Everything I've said is out there for anyone to form their own opinions on anyway.
He's Banksy!
It's Chuck Norris!
zoonky
Punk

Post by zoonky »

what's going on? spock and chuck and a de-cap kangaroo, and a detailed breakdown on the proper use of the phrase "oh-snap!"?

high cognitive intellectual contents for deliberations and discussions brought to you only by the finest of fine arts of one of today's modern masters - MBW.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Re:

Post by Gigantico »

zoonky wrote:what's going on? spock and chuck and a de-cap kangaroo, and a detailed breakdown on the proper use of the phrase "oh-snap!"?
Don't forget Super Chango!
doublehelix
Punk

Post by doublehelix »

Couple of quotes from 'exit through the gift shop' for you:

Banksy described Mr Brainwash's art as "absolutely sh*t".
Shephard Fairly described anyone who has brought Mr Brainwash's art as "a sucker".
muggy
Swindler

Post by muggy »

which means you should purchase as much as possible!!
doublehelix wrote:Couple of quotes from 'exit through the gift shop' for you:

Banksy described Mr Brainwash's art as "absolutely sh*t".
Shephard Fairly described anyone who has brought Mr Brainwash's art as "a sucker".
doublehelix
Punk

Post by doublehelix »

muggy wrote:which means you should purchase as much as possible!!
Funny how all the talk about MBW here is about commerce... not art.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

doublehelix wrote:
What art exactly are we supposed to be talking about? MBW isn't an artist.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

fribhey wrote:
doublehelix wrote:
I beg to differ. rip-off-artist.
muggy
Swindler

Post by muggy »

exactly!! which means you should purchase as much as you can at cost to sell to "suckers" at a higher price. However, i do like 2 or 3 pieces produced under the "MBW coalition of artist".
robotoil wrote:
fribhey wrote:
doublehelix wrote:
I beg to differ. rip-off-artist.
zinky
Punk

Post by zinky »

Super Chango!!!!

oooohh.... neuron flarin' stimulus ultimus anus maximus!
doublehelix
Punk

Post by doublehelix »

You don't need to see the film to realise MBW is a monumentally atrocious artist, that's apparent for all to see. But the film does reveal the staggering vacuity of his art.

Anyone who brought a MBW print because they though Banksy was behind him is a sucker, as the film reveals.
zoonky
Punk

Post by zoonky »

now... if he is such a worthless thing, why does he even exist? why does banksy allow it to exist in a film? there are LOTS of crepe art and crepe artists waanabe out there... including the dumb dumb who stole one of hirst's pencil (and hirst himself)... but why did Banksy choose to comment and hype him up with negativity?

me think a point is being made, and would love to see how everything pans out.

i think MBW makes crepe. but this is HYPE at it's purest, without a form, just an idea that can be slapped onto any junk and sell for tons, like the Louis Vuitton logo .... SUPER CHANGOOOOOOOoooo!
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

doublehelix wrote:You don't need to see the film to realise MBW is a monumentally atrocious artist, that's apparent for all to see. But the film does reveal the staggering vacuity of his art.

Anyone who brought a MBW print because they though Banksy was behind him is a sucker, as the film reveals.
Have you seen the film? By your comments I'm guessing that you have not. You are just another bitter MBW hater....
doublehelix
Punk

Post by doublehelix »

spagucci1 wrote:
doublehelix wrote:You don't need to see the film to realise MBW is a monumentally atrocious artist, that's apparent for all to see. But the film does reveal the staggering vacuity of his art.

Have you seen the film? By your comments I'm guessing that you have not. You are just another bitter MBW hater....
I was at the premiere in Sundance. I've seen the film several times.
Have you seen the film?
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

doublehelix wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:

Have you seen the film?
No but all reviews have been the opposite opinion as yours. And these reviews are coming from Banksy enthusiasts. As for MBW being an artoucious artist, get real. Even the biggest MBW haters recognize that he does have some strong images.
doublehelix
Punk

Post by doublehelix »

spagucci1 wrote:
doublehelix wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:

Have you seen the film?
No but all reviews have been the opposite opinion as yours. And these reviews are coming from Banksy enthusiasts. As for MBW being an artoucious artist, get real. Even the biggest MBW haters recognize that he does have some strong images.
Oh dear, you seem to be experiencing a little cognitive dissonance.
samuraiwriter
Propaganda Engineer

Post by samuraiwriter »

He was in the right place at the right time. On top of that, he knew the right people and had the resources needed to hire an obviously effective artist/guerilla marketing/PR team to make a serious run at the art world. Bottom line is, it worked. I could care less about his work, most of it is pretty boring. The fact he may have ripped of Mr. Gagnon is pretty distasteful. But then, hasn't Shep done something similar?

Heck, isn't that exactly what the "street art" movement has become? The work on the street leads to recognition, which leads prints being made, which may (with appropriate hype/talent) lead to galleries, etc...

Warhol would be proud. I really believe that.
kingburdy
Obey Addict

Re:

Post by kingburdy »

samuraiwriter wrote:He was in the right place at the right time. On top of that, he knew the right people and had the resources needed to hire an obviously effective artist/guerilla marketing/PR team to make a serious run at the art world. Bottom line is, it worked. I could care less about his work, most of it is pretty boring. The fact he may have ripped of Mr. Gagnon is pretty distasteful. But then, hasn't Shep done something similar?

Heck, isn't that exactly what the "street art" movement has become? The work on the street leads to recognition, which leads prints being made, which may (with appropriate hype/talent) lead to galleries, etc...

Warhol would be proud. I really believe that.
Nicely said..
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

Honest question:

If "Exit Through the Gift Shop" is intended to reveal MBW as a hack, rip-off, etc., then why does MBW promote and endorse the film?
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

doublehelix wrote: Oh dear, you seem to be experiencing a little cognitive dissonance.
Ok bud, you have proven that you are a MBW hater. Trying to insult me because I am a MBW fan is proving that you act like a 2nd grade child. Thats ok, there are plenty of you haters out there. But there is more fan than haters. Your hatred is only bringing MBW the hype he wants to create and is furthing his success.
smartussi
Giant

Post by smartussi »

...perhaps the movie from Banksy is an attempt to further "up the ante" on the Mr. Brainwash experiment...?