broken bells

Mindless Chatter - Not related? Post it here.
whyhoo
itsame

broken bells

Post by whyhoo »

Shins frontman James Mercer + Gnarls Barkley mastermind Danger Mouse

so d u r n good - stream the whole album here:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... 01&ps=cprs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
on point like a decimalist?
destroyeric
Giant

Re: broken bells

Post by destroyeric »

listening to now. Thanks!
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
sas
Posse

Post by sas »

Nice thanks, had the single but this link is great to have posted
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

saw them live in Paris on Monday for their 2nd gig ever... 8) 8)
That was a cool concert even if they were a bit "non communicative" probably due to that 2nd gig...
see some pictures (not mine) and for the French speaking people a short review of the gig here :
http://eldoradomagazine.blogspot.com/20 ... uveau.html

XXXX
Johnster0228
Giant

Post by Johnster0228 »

yeah good stuff!!
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

tickets are so TAXED!!!
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

the Broken Bells album is the Amazon.com MP3 daily deal. today only you can get it for $4.99 (and comes with a video):

http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Bells-Video/dp/B003B06Q40/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

This and the new Los Campesinos! album are the two early frontrunners for album of the year IMO.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
rhinomilk
Propaganda Engineer

Post by rhinomilk »

want to get the box set

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-rKhSsOKLo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

we'll be there on sunday... anyone else?
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

wow. this show was amazing! james mercer has such a great voice, and he and and danger mouse were joined by 5 more musicians that were tight. they played the whole album, i'm pretty sure it was front to back. they played 2 songs for the encore, but i have yet to find any info on what they were.

the sound in the Troubadour is AMAZING!!! so loud and so CLEAN. nothing worse than hearing great music all jacked up, but the sound guys in there definitely had it dialed in.
gpt104
Giant

Post by gpt104 »

Picked this up pre-release. Enjoying it completely.

Couple great videos on the web of the band singing it live.
Collection & Wants: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=3093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
edouble
Punk

Post by edouble »

whyhoo wrote:wow. this show was amazing! james mercer has such a great voice, and he and and danger mouse were joined by 5 more musicians that were tight. they played the whole album, i'm pretty sure it was front to back. they played 2 songs for the encore, but i have yet to find any info on what they were.

the sound in the Troubadour is AMAZING!!! so loud and so CLEAN. nothing worse than hearing great music all jacked up, but the sound guys in there definitely had it dialed in.
Didn't see the show, but the OC Register did a review and the encores were apparently Neil Young’s “Don’t Let It Bring You Down” and “When You Sleep,” from My Bloody Valentine... Whole review here:
http://soundcheck.freedomblogging.com/2 ... our/21477/
The reviewer seems bitter about the lighting.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

thanks for that link!

personally i though the lighting was low but cool, it's probably a lot easier for them all to play with less stage lights up. there was also a trippy graphics reel illuminating the stage the whole time. i know dangermouse is notoriously shy, so i wonder if that had something to do with it. the opening band, .hacker, was definitely lit up quite a bit more - they were also very good.
theBrain
Giant

Post by theBrain »

whyhoo wrote:thanks for that link!

personally i though the lighting was low but cool, it's probably a lot easier for them all to play with less stage lights up. there was also a trippy graphics reel illuminating the stage the whole time. i know dangermouse is notoriously shy, so i wonder if that had something to do with it. the opening band, .hacker, was definitely lit up quite a bit more - they were also very good.

i was just at stubb's today during soundcheck and they definitely ask for low lighting - they just like some dim white light from behind and nothing else. they are all about the images being projected behind them and too much light will wash out the screens.