OFFICIAL Ali Anticipation thread! 5/13/10!

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
muggy
Swindler

Re: OFFICIAL Ali Anticipation thread! 5/13/10!

Post by muggy »

Great idea!! Dont forget DMB
MunkeyPants wrote:
kingburdy wrote:I got one and still prefer the random drop.. My luck seems way better on randoms vs announced..Seen comments on EB saying didn't want it any way was going to trade or whatever randoms make it harder for these quick pick up and deter these type of buyers(imo).
You could always just start buying Phish and Pearl Jam prints when they drop and trade for the Obey ones. That's what half the people on EB want anyway. We should all just start doing it back to them.
notudon
Giant

Post by notudon »

Today was good test on the new OG cart system, still not perfect. I hope they go back to random and work on it some more and then try released times again. I am all for random drops, but would like for them to have some time window of 3 hours or less. That way I can try to have a life.
Check out my print collection. http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=12750" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
brintoul
Giant

Post by brintoul »

danklax5 wrote:I've never received a paypal receipt and not an Obey one, do I have a refund in my future?
This is perhaps the most often-asked question EVER on this forum.
Giant

Post by halopigg »

agreed. So what's the answer ;-)
Who's got my old stickers?
danklax5
Giant

Post by danklax5 »

brintoul wrote:
danklax5 wrote:I've never received a paypal receipt and not an Obey one, do I have a refund in my future?
This is perhaps the most often-asked question EVER on this forum.
Agreed, stupid question but in all these years I've never experienced that.
"I make my own luck."
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

no receipt(s)... no print!
on point like a decimalist?
JackMama
Giant

Post by JackMama »

Paypal Receipt only = Print
Obey Confirmation and Paypal Receipt = Print
No Paypal = No Print

Can we make this a sticky at the top of the Prints Page?
This aggression will not stand.
eargasm
Propaganda Engineer

Post by eargasm »

JackMama wrote:Paypal Receipt only = Print
No Paypal = No Print

Quoted for truth. On a busy drop day, the Obey server is bogged down...What this also includes is a bogged down mail server, so the queue of emails gets jammed and is never delivered.
** GET UP GALLERY ** (Owner/Curator)
** DRYMOUNTED PRINT RELEASES ** (Owner)
danklax5
Giant

Post by danklax5 »

The print showed up on my iphone before it did on my PC.
"I make my own luck."
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

The print showed up first on my iPhone, second on my MacBook, and thirdly on my MacBook Pro. However, inevitably I scored the print with my macbook pro. Yes I am a nerd like that.
Who's got my old stickers?
brintoul
Giant

Post by brintoul »

JackMama wrote:Paypal Receipt only = Print
No Paypal = No Print

No doubt. It seems pretty evident that if you never got a receipt from PayPal, then no funds were ever transferred (since PayPal is a multi-bazillion dollar company and it's their business to do this sort of thing - which includes sending out emails with very low failure rates) and thus you should be referred to the ol' "you can't get something for nothing" idea. And as far as the Obey confirmations go, why would anyone think that an obviously overworked system would put much priority on something which doesn't really contribute much to the whole bottom line thing? The Obey confirmation email is A NICETY.

All noobies should be required to read the above or something like it when agreeing to having an account. :)

Paypal dictates whether FUNDS CHANGED HANDS. FUNDS CHANGING HANDS makes the world go 'round.
Obey Addict

Post by kingburdy »

Maybe the mods can create a Did I get the print? sticky or thread of faq in the announcements for the inexperienced to be directed to for this subject..Always the same questions and always the same answers..
Bobak
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Bobak »

Nice print, I liked the face and how he played loose with the rest of the image.

I wasn't able to try today, but then again I have the old one he originally did for Adidas and I'm happy with it.

I hope we see more art in this style.

Also: MANDELA!
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

They should start sending refund notices to people's doors in tubes. That'd be a brutal psych-out.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

this was nothing compared to the epic 3 day battle for DOH3, I think? but man, those were the days!
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

halopigg wrote:The print showed up first on my iPhone, second on my MacBook, and thirdly on my MacBook Pro. However, inevitably I scored the print with my macbook pro. Yes I am a nerd like that.
I actually got to the submit order button on my iPhone and probably should have let it just go, but I hit it twice by accident. iPhone hung tight.
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell
wesgreen
Punk

Post by wesgreen »

I have received a print without emails from paypal, or obey just recently with parlor patterns. We will see this time for sure, cause I also made it to the invoice page with no email confirmations.

I love the fine detail in the background with references to his time period. Is that MLK under his nose? Sick if so...
s_k_y
Propaganda Engineer

Post by s_k_y »

iPhones seem to try *harder* than other browsers.

It's strange...but I've had lots of success on mine.
pitviper
Posse

Post by pitviper »

theBrain wrote:
GiantTarHeel wrote:Could someone please offer an explanation of why OG should update the servers, stick with random times, stick with announced times, etc? They still get their prints sold every week. It doesn't seem to help them in any way to heed to all the comlaints/requests to make it easier for those who struggle to obtain prints. Their goal is to make art and sell it and they do a pretty good job of it despite all the problems that arise on drop day. Anyone tried to buy an Audrey Kawasaki print? Those are announced drops to the second and you have exactly that, 1-2 seconds to get it in your cart or you're done. I say keep with all the randomness. That way we all win some and lose some.
amen
Yep... we all win some & loose some...
http://www.kostich.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tlh1005
Propaganda Engineer

Post by tlh1005 »

I scored using Lynx and Mosaic.
http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=7136" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CityandColour
Punk

Post by CityandColour »

I've had been collecting Shep for years now and have had literally every order scenario happen to me. The worst burn of them all was being able to place a order and being charged for the "Obama: Progress" print but ended up getting a refund from Obey. I've learned not to get excited about the print until I get the UPS Notification email. That's the only sure fire way you know that print is yours.
brintoul
Giant

Post by brintoul »

wesgreen wrote:I have received a print without emails from paypal, or obey just recently with parlor patterns. We will see this time for sure, cause I also made it to the invoice page with no email confirmations.

I love the fine detail in the background with references to his time period. Is that MLK under his nose? Sick if so...
But surely the funds were shown as withdrawn had you gone and checked your PayPal account, right?
Giant

Post by toobs »

CityandColour wrote:I've had been collecting Shep for years now and have had literally every order scenario happen to me. The worst burn of them all was being able to place a order and being charged for the "Obama: Progress" print but ended up getting a refund from Obey. I've learned not to get excited about the print until I get the UPS Notification email. That's the only sure fire way you know that print is yours.
ha that happened to me =(
artboki
Punk

Post by artboki »

speaking of which. anyone get a shipping confirmation yet?
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

artboki wrote:speaking of which. anyone get a shipping confirmation yet?
it's only been a day. my guess is that confirmations will go out beginning of next week