Anticipation: Neil Young 6/17/2010

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: Anticipation: Neil Young 6/17/2010

Post by conartstudio »

spiff huxtable wrote:
fribhey wrote:
spiff huxtable wrote:Haven't purchased in a while. Is $15 shipping the new standard?
shipping cost is based on the overall price of the purchase, not the weight.... so they charge us more for shipping on a $75 print than a $55 print (which i think is $12)
Probably an effort to help pay the photographers for their appropriate photos.
shipping cost has nothing to do with paying for the right to use photos, the increased print cost, the additional $20, covers that.

trust me, their cart uses a shipping scale that determines shipping cost based on the total order price. if it was based on weight then shipping for a $55 print would be the exact same as a $75 print.
weston
Posse

Post by weston »

fribhey wrote:
rumspring wrote:My wife is threatening an intervention if I get more than about one tube a month at this point.
which is EXACTLY why my trunk is loaded with empty tubes right now. when the wife goes to sleep i transfer the print to the portfolio and the tube goes back into the trunk until i get a chance to throw it in the dumpster at work

:lol: :lol: :lol:
There is a tube on my doorstep at least once a week. But thankfully the flat file is in the basement, so I hurry the tube in there. She thinks that all the tubes that are there are empty. And then once a month I go down there and put the prints into the flat file and throw the empty tubes into the neighbors trash.

She is only getting wind of it now that I am looking into getting another flat file. Why do you need another one she asks? i uh know, to organize it better, by artist.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

cybernigel wrote:
fribhey wrote:
rumspring wrote:My wife is threatening an intervention if I get more than about one tube a month at this point.
which is EXACTLY why my trunk is loaded with empty tubes right now. when the wife goes to sleep i transfer the print to the portfolio and the tube goes back into the trunk until i get a chance to throw it in the dumpster at work

OG should provide an option to add a "Flowers for Your Wife" sticker to the outside of shipping tubes to throw them off the trail.
only problem is that when the wife sees no actual flowers she'll start asking who i ordered the flowers for. i'd rather he be made about my print addiction than thinking i'm cheating :lol:
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

weston wrote:
fribhey wrote:

There is a tube on my doorstep at least once a week. But thankfully the flat file is in the basement, so I hurry the tube in there. She thinks that all the tubes that are there are empty. And then once a month I go down there and put the prints into the flat file and throw the empty tubes into the neighbors trash.

She is only getting wind of it now that I am looking into getting another flat file. Why do you need another one she asks? i uh know, to organize it better, by artist.
i feel so much better knowing i'm not the only one doing this....

too funny :mrgreen:
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

fribhey wrote:
weston wrote:
fribhey wrote:

I think you guys can recycle those tubes (non-corregated cardboard and plastic end caps) in a lot of places. I know Denver takes them.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
haywood
Swindler

Post by haywood »

I need to recycle my tubes. I'm still in shock that I scored this print! It's been a loooong time. :D
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

fribhey wrote:
weston wrote:
fribhey wrote:

- i remember these days..... i always had 3 or 4 tubes near the kitchen door, the bedroom door, the back door... -corners of the house.... lol... my wife would never say anything until 7 or 8 accumulated, - then i would move everything to the office.... and start over again...... -kinda glad i kicked the habit, -have only bought 2 prints in the last year or so.... and 1 of the 2 was damaged so it went back.... ec
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
Giant

Post by 843 »

Fribhey, you made my day!! I love that im not the only one that brings my prints in at night when my wife is at wk and trash my tubes in the dumpster at wk the next day!! haha :lol: :lol:
spiff huxtable
Propaganda Engineer

Post by spiff huxtable »

Good Gandhi--22 on the bay already. And a few more already sold there...
s_k_y
Propaganda Engineer

Post by s_k_y »

Pulled into a meeting 10 minutes before they dropped. Congrats to everyone who scored!
strangeloop
Swindler

Post by strangeloop »

durn lunch break. Came back and gone! Congrats to those who scored.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

843 wrote:Fribhey, you made my day!! I love that im not the only one that brings my prints in at night when my wife is at wk and trash my tubes in the dumpster at wk the next day!! haha :lol: :lol:
i have all my stuff shipped to work so whenever my UPS guy walks in he says "another tube, must be for john" and every time a tube arrives all my coworkers say "ANOTHER print/poster?"
Giant

Post by 843 »

same! :lol:
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

EC - but your wife did let you build a house in the backyard for art, so I think you won that one. lol

My wife is so tired of my collecting that if I say the word Obey, I get the silent treatment for 2 hours.
Submit. Rapture.
alwaysalx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by alwaysalx »

+1 :)

4643?

captain canada coming home
'the best things in life, are not things!
BigAlCapone
Giant

Re: Anticipation: Neil Young 5/17/2010

Post by BigAlCapone »

rumspring wrote:
Gigantico wrote:BIG Neil fan here. IN.
+1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsACIBI5NPk

8)
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

i can't believe TWELVE of these have already sold on ebay..... flippers gettin' ballsy lately.
danklax5
Giant

Post by danklax5 »

843 wrote:Fribhey, you made my day!! I love that im not the only one that brings my prints in at night when my wife is at wk and trash my tubes in the dumpster at wk the next day!! haha :lol: :lol:
I almost pee'ed my pants laughing at the last couple pages, I'm not the only one who lives like this! There should be a page designated to our "tricks of the trade".
"I make my own luck."
josephrose
Punk

Post by josephrose »

vinegartom wrote:I usually use the general consensus as a ballpark indicator as to how diligent I'm going to need to be with the F5 button (or the Mac equivalent)

It's still F5 on Mac :)
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

josephrose wrote:
vinegartom wrote:I usually use the general consensus as a ballpark indicator as to how diligent I'm going to need to be with the F5 button (or the Mac equivalent)

It's still F5 on Mac :)
F5 in firefox
command+r in safari
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

fribhey wrote:
i have all my stuff shipped to work so whenever my UPS guy walks in he says "another tube, must be for john" and every time a tube arrives all my coworkers say "ANOTHER print/poster?"
same here! my coworkers definitely thought i was crazy. i would always invite anyone to come see what i was un tubing!
on point like a decimalist?
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

whyhoo wrote:
fribhey wrote:
same here! my coworkers definitely thought i was crazy. i would always invite anyone to come see what i was un tubing!
i don't open the tubes at work, it wouldn't be fair of me to stink the office up with new print smell.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

fribhey wrote:
whyhoo wrote:
fribhey wrote:
i don't open the tubes at work, it wouldn't be fair of me to stink the office up with new print smell.

that's what the conference room is for :wink:
on point like a decimalist?
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

Shipping received. They are so quick these days!
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
leglescow
Posse

Post by leglescow »

any of you dudes want to trade their neil for an old nixon stamp or anything older like that? i have a bunch of older prints and i really want the neil