Poster Child Prints x OBEY x Peace Series Prints

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
synecdoche
Posse

Re: Poster Child Prints x OBEY x Peace Series Prints

Post by synecdoche »

Except common courtesy. I understand that they've really taken a beating today with servers and whatnot, but they haven't updated ANYTHING in about 3 hours. We're customers here. Just a tweet or a new post on the pcp page would be enough
You're not owed any courtesy in life--sorry, mate. "We're customers here." That's it.
Fidelito
Punk

Post by Fidelito »

Molotov Man wrote:
mose wrote:
RiotAct wrote:
mose wrote:
TheOmethod wrote:I understand peoples frustrations but I am disappointed to see how sarcastic and nasty some people get over these releases.
You can only be so abusive, so long, in so many different forms toward your most passionate fans before their behavior degrades. The scorned tend to turn in to the dirtiest fighters.
I wouldn't call this fiasco 'abusive'... sort of incompetent, maybe...
Patterns of behavior dating back years.
Not sure what else would be expected. I agree with Mose that people have been dealing with "server" issues for years, combine that with the rookies and sh1t is going to hit the fan when something like this happens.

Omethod, I think you are just adding fuel to the fire, saying these prints are so amazing. You haven't seen sarcastic and nasty yet, wait until it drops and the people that have been online for 10+ hours miss out.
+1
Fidelito
Punk

Post by Fidelito »

synecdoche wrote:
Except common courtesy. I understand that they've really taken a beating today with servers and whatnot, but they haven't updated ANYTHING in about 3 hours. We're customers here. Just a tweet or a new post on the pcp page would be enough
You're not owed any courtesy in life--sorry, mate. "We're customers here." That's it.
True indeed, but without us, the consumers, "they" would be nothing! We have the power...especially in numbers, we must never forget! Look what we did to the world economy when we slightly stopped consuming...
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

TheOmethod wrote:I understand peoples frustrations but I am disappointed to see how sarcastic and nasty some people get over these releases. Pcp knew this was going to be popular and made many adjustments to accommodate a major increase in traffic. Sonja consulted og and its crew many times about all of the steps she was taking to make sure everyone was happy. She knew this was a serious release and even planned minor details like sending herself mock packages to figure out what packing method was the safest.

Sonja has given everything she has to make Pcp the best print house around. She is a passionate art collector that wants to put amazing art in peoples hands. Cut her a break and move on if you don't like the process these prints are taking. Nobody is forcing you to buy them. For those that are patient, you will be quite happy with these amazing pieces.
A wise man once said, "Nothing is obvious to the uninformed.'

I hear what you're saying, but all of the rancor could have been avoided with a little communication. We're all running crazy and trying to fit this into a holiday schedule ourselves. I think we're all on board with working smarter and not harder.

And, no offense, but why would she need to send mock packages? Couldn't you guys have given her 150 tubes and some kraft and said, 'Here. Use this.' ?
Last edited by truthiness on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell
rlbchef
Giant

Post by rlbchef »

.[/quote]

True indeed, but without us, the consumers, "they" would be nothing! We have the power...especially in numbers, we must never forget! Look what we did to the world economy when we slightly stopped consuming...[/quote]

or layed off and fired...
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Post by TheOmethod »

truthiness wrote:
TheOmethod wrote:I understand peoples frustrations but I am disappointed to see how sarcastic and nasty some people get over these releases. Pcp knew this was going to be popular and made many adjustments to accommodate a major increase in traffic. Sonja consulted og and its crew many times about all of the steps she was taking to make sure everyone was happy. She knew this was a serious release and even planned minor details like sending herself mock packages to figure out what packing method was the safest.

Sonja has given everything she has to make Pcp the best print house around. She is a passionate art collector that wants to put amazing art in peoples hands. Cut her a break and move on if you don't like the process these prints are taking. Nobody is forcing you to buy them. For those that are patient, you will be quite happy with these amazing pieces.

I hear what you're saying, but all of the rancor could have been avoided with a little communication. We're all running crazy and trying to fit this into a holiday schedule ourselves. I think we're all on board with working smarter and not harder.

And, no offense, but why would she need to send mock packages? Couldn't you guys have given her 150 tubes and said, 'Here. Use these.' ?

In terms of shipping these are on unique paper that is fragile. That was the reason for the shipping experiments. My point was that Pcp is a responsible outfit trying to do the right thing. Nothing i say is going to change your opinions , I'll just step back and rejoin you all later.
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

Now look what you guys did, you chased him away...
synecdoche
Posse

Post by synecdoche »

Fidelito wrote:
synecdoche wrote:
True indeed, but without us, the consumers, "they" would be nothing! We have the power...especially in numbers, we must never forget! Look what we did to the world economy when we slightly stopped consuming...
Maybe that logic would work in an industrial capitalist society (or classroom conversation) where people are fully aware of what they consume and they understand their power tied to that consumption, but in today's digital/post-capitalist/sensational/whatever post graduate theory you want to apply society, we are castrated from our power because we mindlessly consume everything. The worker is alienated from his own work because he doesn't see the benefits from it, and similarly, our consumption affects us very little. So, generally, yes you can stop consuming this product, but your consumption means little to this industry. But more specifically, there are 150 of these bad boys and way more people interested in them. The math is against your capitalist resistance ideology. Oh yeah, lastly, economists can't even agree on why the economic world failed in 2008 (houses, lending, credit, etc.), so don't assume "we" had anything to do with it or can alter "their" path. We=They.
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

TheOmethod wrote:
truthiness wrote:

And, no offense, but why would she need to send mock packages? Couldn't you guys have given her 150 tubes and said, 'Here. Use these.' ?

In terms of shipping these are on unique paper that is fragile. That was the reason for the shipping experiments. My point was that Pcp is a responsible outfit trying to do the right thing. Nothing i say is going to change your opinions , I'll just step back and rejoin you all later.
You guys spoil us, that's all.
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

Man I wanna change my screen name to Rancor now. Love that word. I don't think that can be done can it?
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

DunDun wrote:Man I wanna change my screen name to Rancor now. Love that word. I don't think that can be done can it?
lol
Fidelito
Punk

Post by Fidelito »

synecdoche wrote:
Fidelito wrote:
synecdoche wrote:
Maybe that logic would work in an industrial capitalist society (or classroom conversation) where people are fully aware of what they consume and they understand their power tied to that consumption, but in today's digital/post-capitalist/sensational/whatever post graduate theory you want to apply society, we are castrated from our power because we mindlessly consume everything. The worker is alienated from his own work because he doesn't see the benefits from it, and similarly, our consumption affects us very little. So, generally, yes you can stop consuming this product, but your consumption means little to this industry. But more specifically, there are 150 of these bad boys and way more people interested in them. The math is against your capitalist resistance ideology. Oh yeah, lastly, economists can't even agree on why the economic world failed in 2008 (houses, lending, credit, etc.), so don't assume "we" had anything to do with it or can alter "their" path. We=They.
Money is power...when we "buy" a product from say, Walmart, we empower them to continue on with their nasty habits. It's just the point...and no, we don't mindlessly consume. Maybe some do, but far from all! In regard to work, that depends on what you do for a living. Btw, "WE" had everything to do with the economic collapse! Well, I guess you can partly blame the fat cat bankers & paid off "public servants"
tlh1005
Propaganda Engineer

Post by tlh1005 »

Fidelito wrote:
mose wrote:
TheOmethod wrote:I understand peoples frustrations but I am disappointed to see how sarcastic and nasty some people get over these releases.
You can only be so abusive, so long, in so many different forms toward your most passionate fans before their behavior degrades. The scorned tend to turn in to the dirtiest fighters.
People have put their lives & work on hold for these today...& during the holidays at that when family time is far more important than 3 pieces of paper! A little info on behalf of pcp would have been nice. It's not our fault this was handled the way it was...obvious rookie mistakes...a crepe server/hosting being the biggest culprit on the long list
Bad logic. If time with family etc. is more important than these prints, opt to spend the time with family rather than waiting at the keyboard. After a full day of work I Christmas shopped, ate dinner with my family, took a deuce, and still might score one of these sets. Had I returned from my evening out to find that these dropped it wouldn't have been the end of the world. I'd love to add these to my collection, but there will be others in the future to consider just like all of the others that follow a miss.
http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=7136" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fidelito
Punk

Post by Fidelito »

tlh1005 wrote:
Fidelito wrote:
mose wrote:
People have put their lives & work on hold for these today...& during the holidays at that when family time is far more important than 3 pieces of paper! A little info on behalf of pcp would have been nice. It's not our fault this was handled the way it was...obvious rookie mistakes...a crepe server/hosting being the biggest culprit on the long list
Bad logic. If time with family etc. is more important than these prints, opt to spend the time with family rather than waiting at the keyboard. After a full day of work I Christmas shopped, ate dinner with my family, took a deuce, and still might score one of these sets. Had I returned from my evening out to find that these dropped it wouldn't have been the end of the world. I'd love to add these to my collection, but there will be others in the future to consider just like all of the others that follow a miss.
Exactly what I said...in other words...how long will you last?? Isn't the wifey calling now...lol
boerismo
Posse

Post by boerismo »

durn the events of this drop are momentous!! now i reaLLY want them!
synecdoche
Posse

Post by synecdoche »

Fidelito wrote:
synecdoche wrote:
Fidelito wrote:
synecdoche wrote:
Money is power...when we "buy" a product from say, Walmart, we empower them to continue on with their nasty habits. It's just the point...and no, we don't mindlessly consume. Maybe some do, but far from all! In regard to work, that depends on what you do for a living. Btw, "WE" had everything to do with the economic collapse! Well, I guess you can partly blame the fat cat bankers & paid off "public servants"
Somewhere in another dimension, Sam Walton's ghost laughs and smiles. How about we just agree that we have different economic viewpoints :) Feel free to boycott Wal-Mart. But if you were really trying to empower yourself with your spending power, you'd boycott this sale :wink:
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

tlh1005 wrote:
Fidelito wrote:
mose wrote:
Hip hop horray!
perkinsus
Posse

Post by perkinsus »

I think people are more upset about the lack of communication. As professional as PCP is, they didn't do a very good job letting everyone know what was going on. I recall over 8 hours ago, they said the server was almost ready. I know that they don't owe us anything, but I'm pretty sure 500+ people sat at their computers for 13 hours today hitting F5. It would have been much easier to just say that they were going to wait a week to release the prints. They're not shipping them until the 3rd anyway, so why rush?
tlh1005
Propaganda Engineer

Post by tlh1005 »

perkinsus wrote:I think people are more upset about the lack of communication. As professional as PCP is, they didn't do a very good job letting everyone know what was going on. I recall over 8 hours ago, they said the server was almost ready. I know that they don't owe us anything, but I'm pretty sure 500+ people sat at their computers for 13 hours today hitting F5. It would have been much easier to just say that they were going to wait a week to release the prints. They're not shipping them until the 3rd anyway, so why rush?
How would things have been different if the servers were OK but they decided the drop time should be 11:59PM PST? It's torture to wait I know, but this is what we sign up for in going after certain prints from certain artists. This isn't what they aim for, but its the reality, I've just come to accept it for what it is.

In the end PCP can't win. If they wait a week as you said, then some people who waited all day will be gone traveling for the holidays and complaining from that angle.
http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=7136" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
perkinsus
Posse

Post by perkinsus »

tlh1005 wrote:
perkinsus wrote:I think people are more upset about the lack of communication. As professional as PCP is, they didn't do a very good job letting everyone know what was going on. I recall over 8 hours ago, they said the server was almost ready. I know that they don't owe us anything, but I'm pretty sure 500+ people sat at their computers for 13 hours today hitting F5. It would have been much easier to just say that they were going to wait a week to release the prints. They're not shipping them until the 3rd anyway, so why rush?
How would things have been different if the servers were OK but they decided the drop time should be 11:59PM PST? It's torture to wait I know, but this is what we sign up for in going after certain prints from certain artists. This isn't what they aim for, but its the reality, I've just come to accept it for what it is.

In the end PCP can't win. If they wait a week as you said, then some people who waited all day will be gone traveling for the holidays and complaining from that angle.
At least we would know it was coming within the day. Who knows when this is going to drop now. It could be 3am or next week.
Abrogate
Giant

Post by Abrogate »

rlbchef wrote:im thinking a few members will be getting coal in their stockings this year from how they are acting :lol:

"its only ink on paper" someone said. not a high chance most of us will score, no need to name call or sh!t on Sonja. either ride it out or go enjoy the holiday
well said.
Happy Holidays everbody! and good luck ;).
"the greatest form of sanity anyone can exercise is to resist the force that is trying to repress,oppress and fight down the human spirit."-Mumia Abu Jamal
Fidelito
Punk

Post by Fidelito »

synecdoche wrote:
Fidelito wrote:
synecdoche wrote:
Fidelito wrote:
synecdoche wrote:
Somewhere in another dimension, Sam Walton's ghost laughs and smiles. How about we just agree that we have different economic viewpoints :) Feel free to boycott Wal-Mart. But if you were really trying to empower yourself with your spending power, you'd boycott this sale :wink:
Capitalista! Our downfall!!
maden
Punk

Post by maden »

Personally, I deserve these.
we'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around
Fidelito
Punk

Post by Fidelito »

Does the little star (*) next to poster child prints name signify anything?
Abrogate
Giant

Post by Abrogate »

maden wrote:Personally, I deserve these.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"the greatest form of sanity anyone can exercise is to resist the force that is trying to repress,oppress and fight down the human spirit."-Mumia Abu Jamal