Anticipation: Dance Floor Riot/Party at the Moontower Sets

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
toobs
Giant

Re: Anticipation: Dance Floor Riot/Party at the Moontower Se

Post by toobs »

If i had the scratch id for sho go for Party at the Moontower, that blows away the other set IMO... I'm sure a flippers will go for these and flip the prints solo dolo, hope i can pick up a couple I like on fleBay and eBeans
submethod
Giant

Post by submethod »

toobs wrote:If i had the scratch id for sho go for Party at the Moontower, that blows away the other set IMO... I'm sure a flippers will go for these and flip the prints solo dolo, hope i can pick up a couple I like on fleBay and eBeans
I always wondered about this. Are the individual pieces selling? I think a collector would rather have the whole box set, no? And yes, I do agree....MoonTower is beautiful.
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

submethod wrote:
toobs wrote:If i had the scratch id for sho go for Party at the Moontower, that blows away the other set IMO... I'm sure a flippers will go for these and flip the prints solo dolo, hope i can pick up a couple I like on fleBay and eBeans
I always wondered about this. Are the individual pieces selling? I think a collector would rather have the whole box set, no? And yes, I do agree....MoonTower is beautiful.
The individual prints are selling for more than I imagined. Some individual prints are selling for close to $200! I assume now that more sets are going to be released, this will bring down the prices
submethod
Giant

Post by submethod »

spagucci1 wrote:
submethod wrote:
The individual prints are selling for more than I imagined. Some individual prints are selling for close to $200! I assume now that more sets are going to be released, this will bring down the prices
Yes....it appears that these little boxes are cash cows to say the least. When I was at the Revolutions show, many people bought these boxes. I passed because I was going for fine art pieces. However, those same people I know ended up selling their boxes for a pretty penny. Can't say I blame them. These sets were gorgeous from what I saw...that stencil in there is pretty sick. Maybe even worthy of framing!
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

submethod wrote:that stencil in there is pretty sick. Maybe even worthy of framing!

I agree! That is the one item that I really wanted from them box set, and I was able to score one from an awesome board member.
Last edited by spagucci1 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
toobs
Giant

Post by toobs »

all this talk about how awesome the sets are makes me wanna make a stupid decision :twisted:
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

toobs wrote:all this talk about how awesome the sets are makes me wanna make a stupid decision :twisted:
+1
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

jwoods103 wrote:
toobs wrote:all this talk about how awesome the sets are makes me wanna make a stupid decision :twisted:
+1
Just make sure to be away from a computer on tuesday and wednesday between 10am PST and 12pm PST and you will avoid the stupid decision. ;)
toobs
Giant

Post by toobs »

spagucci1 wrote:
jwoods103 wrote:
+1
Just make sure to be away from a computer on tuesday and wednesday between 10am PST and 12pm PST and you will avoid the stupid decision. ;)
when u work on a computer designing 10 hrs a day its hard to not be a lil curious sometimes, flippers could make some serious bank with these even if they sold each print at an easy $100 a pop
Giant

Post by 843 »

submethod wrote:
When ive looked around on ebay ive seen a few on there, but it always looks like the same ones so i dont know if they are selling. There are a few prints out of the Moontower set that i wouldnt mind buying, but not at the prices that the ebay flippers are asking.
wetpaint
Swindler

Post by wetpaint »

Are the stencils are the same in each set?
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

wetpaint wrote:Are the stencils are the same in each set?
Yes. I think the music on the Mix cd the same as well, just different labels on the CD.
Giant

Post by 843 »

good luck to everyone today...i will be on the sidelines watching!
lawdog15
Punk

Post by lawdog15 »

[quote="BrickTop
I like Moontower as a set best, but I love "Enchanting Sounds" the most and it is in "Dance Floor"[/quote]

+1 It's a tough call on going for this, knowing that I definitely would never frame all of them.
cvansice
Swindler

Post by cvansice »

spagucci1 wrote:
submethod wrote:
That's strange. I recent search of of Ebay sales only shows four that sold at $60 and one that sold for $80. And there are only 100 boxes in the hands of the public. Once the public gets the rest of the 200 sets I anticipate a lot more singles on the market. Prices should plummet. Think about it. There will be 10800 album prints out there. I guess it all depends on how many people keep the sets complete.
cvansice
Swindler

Post by cvansice »

Someone already has it for sale anticipating today. For $1600 you can buy it from him hoping he gets lucky tomorrow. :roll:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Party-Moontowner-Bo ... 164wt_1139
Last edited by cvansice on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
wetpaint
Swindler

Post by wetpaint »

cvansice wrote:Someone already has it for sale anticipating success today. For $1600 you can buy it from him hoping he gets lucky tomorrow. :roll:
1st laugh of the day, thx. Honestly, thats a tempting price for the Moontowner. If only he had real pics (to show it in hand), or spelled "Moontower" correctly I'd consider buying it, or putting in an offer.
oldfartatplay
Swindler

Post by oldfartatplay »

wetpaint wrote:
cvansice wrote:Someone already has it for sale anticipating success today. For $1600 you can buy it from him hoping he gets lucky tomorrow. :roll:
1st laugh of the day, thx. Honestly, thats a tempting price for the Moontowner. If only he had real pics (to show it in hand), or spelled "Moontower" correctly I'd consider buying it, or putting in an offer.
He also states "the print will be ship within 24 hours after i receive the print. it will be ship in original packing with mailing tube w/ kraft paper to insure quality".
got to question the intelligence of the seller :lol:
Solar
Giant

Post by Solar »

the print will be ship within 24 hours after i receive the print. it will be ship in original packing with mailing tube w/ kraft paper to insure quality.
Awesome. He's going to roll the box.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

cvansice wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:
submethod wrote:
That's strange. I recent search of of Ebay sales only shows four that sold at $60 and one that sold for $80. And there are only 100 boxes in the hands of the public. Once the public gets the rest of the 200 sets I anticipate a lot more singles on the market. Prices should plummet. Think about it. There will be 10800 album prints out there. I guess it all depends on how many people keep the sets complete.
i don't know what terms you are searching but i've seen a ton of individual prints sell, most in the $100+ range.
oldfartatplay
Swindler

Post by oldfartatplay »

Solar wrote:
the print will be ship within 24 hours after i receive the print. it will be ship in original packing with mailing tube w/ kraft paper to insure quality.
Awesome. He's going to roll the box.
maybe he's just going to include a tube with craft paper along with the rest.
BTW I'm passing on todays set with hopes of getting tomorrows, any thoughts?
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

cvansice wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:
submethod wrote:
You have to remember, when you search on ebay only the results from the past 30 comes up. These sets were released over 90 days ago. Trust me, there were album cover prints that sold for over $200. I have been watching the sales of these since they released. As far as plummeting, thats a different story. I do think the prices will go down somewhat, but plummet? No I dont think that is going to happen.

Btw-Good luck to those members looking to get one or both of these sets! Don't hesitate to use your Platinum Club access to score one! ;)
Last edited by spagucci1 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
toobs
Giant

Post by toobs »

checkin in for a fellow board member, i get to play with his money this morning :shock:
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

toobs wrote:checkin in for a fellow board member, i get to play with his money this morning :shock:
Thats cool! If anybody need an extra hand with tomorrows release, get at me. I am not gonna buy either set, but I am willing to help a trusted board member out. Unfortunately I will be away from the computer today when these drop so I cant help with todays release.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

spagucci1 wrote:
cvansice wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:
submethod wrote:
You have to remember, when you search on ebay only the results from the past 30 comes up. These sets were released over 90 days ago. Trust me, there were album cover prints that sold for over $200. I have been watching the sales of these since they released. As far as plummeting, thats a different story. I do think the prices will go down somewhat, but plummet? No I dont think that is going to happen.

Btw-Good luck to those members looking to get one or both of these sets! Don't hesitate to use your Platinum Club access to score one! ;)
molotov hips went for $200+. other heavy hitters like afrocentric and strummer were in the $150 range. i'd say the average price was right around $100.
on point like a decimalist?