Aspartame Discussion(split)

Mindless Chatter - Not related? Post it here.
wildbill
Posse

Post by wildbill »

BRRAAAAAAAHAHHAAHaahahahah.... :lol: Awesome! Seriously...the dude drinks 4 or 5 cans of Diet Coke a day!

Aspartame is some nasty stuff man. Diet Coke should be outlawed. If you drink Diet Coke please read a little bit about Aspartame....be sure to read up to the part describing how your body turns Aspartame into methanol and then into formaldehyde both of which are proven to cause chronic toxicity in humans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame_controversy

"In 1995, FDA Epidemiology Branch Chief Thomas Wilcox reported that aspartame complaints represented 75% of all reports of adverse reactions to substances in the food supply from 1981 to 1995."
henna
-

Post by henna »

chronic toxicity?
noverflow wrote:This area is to complain, not to call people out. (except henna because he said he likes it, and it keeps us happy)
wildbill
Posse

Post by wildbill »

henna wrote:chronic toxicity?

it was a quote from wikipedia: "methanol and formaldehyde have been proven to cause chronic toxicity in humans."

translation - Diet Coke is really bad for you.
AnotherDesigner
Swindler

Post by AnotherDesigner »

How about diet energy drinks? OUCH!
[DeVo]
Swindler

Post by [DeVo] »

Sorry to thread hijack, but Aspartame = scary. I've never really had much diet pop, but about a year back I started eating a new brand of mints.

One day words started to come out of my mouth garbled, and I was gettin' pretty scared. My vision was getting blurry, and I felt really dizzy. After a few hours it went away, but I still wanted to look up the symptoms on the internet - see if maybe I should go to the hospital or something.

Well I looked up my symptoms and the vast majority of the hits that I got were about aspartame overdoses. So, the only new thing I had been eating lately was the mints, and sure enough, they used aspartame.

I'm not saying that it's for SURE bad... but I try my hardest to stay away from it, and I haven't had anything like that happen to me since.

As a note, you can get diet coke with spenda, IMHO, much better for you
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

For future reference, "little blue mints" = "Vallium."

Best to avoid, or at least chase with a beer. :wink:
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

i love diet coke