CAC ArtsWave Award March 29. New print

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
dinkydoggy
Punk

Re: CAC ArtsWave Award March 29. New print

Post by dinkydoggy »

Just ordered mine on the phone and as of 04/01, 12pm PST, they've got about 30 left.
jonathancol
Posse

Post by jonathancol »

I noticed that the E in "READ BETWEEN THE LINES" is the same 3 used in Sedation but flipped. Any symbolism on the 3s, 1 and 5?
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

jonathancol wrote:I noticed that the E in "READ BETWEEN THE LINES" is the same 3 used in Sedation but flipped. Any symbolism on the 3s, 1 and 5?
No, it's just an old design thing that started to become used a lot by graphic designers, like David Carson, in the 90s.
summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

Anyone that ordered their print from the gallery to be shipped received it yet?
justin
Giant

Post by justin »

Available on OG 4/12. Looks like its $5 less.
z0m6ie
Punk

Post by z0m6ie »

Just received mine today. It was packaged well. So are there 1000 of these now if the cac had 550 and obeygiant.com has 450... or do you think that the website is wrong and obey kept a portion of the 550.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

z0m6ie wrote:Just received mine today. It was packaged well. So are there 1000 of these now if the cac had 550 and obeygiant.com has 450... or do you think that the website is wrong and obey kept a portion of the 550.
Highly doubtful there are 1000 of these. Typically, Obey kepts a portion of the original amount to sell and unless it's a different colorway that diferentiates it from the CAC version, then my guess is that they have a typo on their site. They probably just copied the copied the info from the previous release and forgot to change 450 to 550.
sweetjesus
Propaganda Engineer

Post by sweetjesus »

I picked up a copy from CAC. Anyone care to guess how many are left for the site? Wondering how many are going to double dip?
summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

I venture to guess that Obey gave them between 150 and 200 to sell, keeping 350 or so for their own release. I am kinda curious if CAC sent them a list of people that bought from them to weed out the double dippers, not that I am thinking of double dipping... :P
technique
Punk

Post by technique »

summoner wrote:I venture to guess that Obey gave them between 150 and 200 to sell, keeping 350 or so for their own release. I am kinda curious if CAC sent them a list of people that bought from them to weed out the double dippers, not that I am thinking of double dipping... :P
Yeah but if the people paid in cash how would they know? I paid via a credit card when I picked mine up down at the CAC so I could see how they could track that.
xmanxman
Swindler

Post by xmanxman »

summoner wrote:I venture to guess that Obey gave them between 150 and 200 to sell, keeping 350 or so for their own release. I am kinda curious if CAC sent them a list of people that bought from them to weed out the double dippers, not that I am thinking of double dipping... :P
I seriously doubt that CAC would go through the effort of doing that or that Obey would really care.
samuraiwriter
Propaganda Engineer

Post by samuraiwriter »

Mine arrived in perfect condition yesterday! :)
summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

I should be getting mine today, at least that is what FedEx says, so I am hoping for a perfect print as well!!