Storage wars

Mindless Chatter - Not related? Post it here.
Backpackpunk
Giant

Re: Storage wars

Post by Backpackpunk »

whyhoo wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:Very cool! What item did you appraise for the show? Was it any of the artwork?
Backpackpunk wrote:
jjttdw wrote:Q: Is Storage Wars staged?
A: YUUUP!!
As someone who has appeared on the show as an appraiser I would say that in my opinion the show is at best embellished and at worst staged. It was a fun experience though and I will say there isn't a "script" but you are heavily coached on what to say and how to act.

you must have missed the pogs episode :wink: :lol:
It was an episode called Sheets and Geeks, I think the was the last or second to last episode of the latest season. I was appraising Magic the gathering cards.

And I think its time for pogs to make a comeback. Who's got my slammer!?!
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

Backpackpunk wrote:
whyhoo wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:Very cool! What item did you appraise for the show? Was it any of the artwork?
Backpackpunk wrote:
As someone who has appeared on the show as an appraiser I would say that in my opinion the show is at best embellished and at worst staged. It was a fun experience though and I will say there isn't a "script" but you are heavily coached on what to say and how to act.

It was an episode called Sheets and Geeks, I think the was the last or second to last episode of the latest season. I was appraising Magic the gathering cards.

I saw this episode right after I purchased a print from you and was like what they hell i just met him.

Famous. didn you meet with Daryl? is he as dumb as they protray him because I do not think it is a stretch

As for Brandy and Jarrod, I have been to their store (its right by where i went to school) they are never there. They are now having food truck events weekly there. none of the cool items are ever there either.
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

mondo just needs to do an ironic re-issue of these and pogs are ON AGAIN! :lol:

on point like a decimalist?
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Backpackpunk wrote:
whyhoo wrote:
Backpackpunk wrote:

That episode is airing again this Saturday night on A&E (9:30pm est)
Backpackpunk
Giant

Post by Backpackpunk »

jwoods103 wrote:
Backpackpunk wrote:
whyhoo wrote:
Backpackpunk wrote:

I saw this episode right after I purchased a print from you and was like what they hell i just met him.

Famous. didn you meet with Daryl? is he as dumb as they protray him because I do not think it is a stretch

As for Brandy and Jarrod, I have been to their store (its right by where i went to school) they are never there. They are now having food truck events weekly there. none of the cool items are ever there either.
I did meet with Daryl and no he isn't as dumb as they make him out to be. He is a really good actor though, he turns on a dime as soon as they start to film.
One of the reason I think the show is embellished or staged is because I never see them selling the items that appear on the show. One example is a forged piece of art that Daryl found in one of the units, I was asking him about it and he was definitely trying to deflect answering any questions about it.
Also when the producer was talking to me about the whole process he mentioned that the deal isn't done on the spot so what is filmed is basically entertainment to make the show look legit. After filming it was explained that they keep the items in case they need to refilm anything and after the episode airs they "give back" the product to the person who won the locker and they can do whatever they wanted with it.
So after filming was done I mention to Daryl that I was really interested in buying the cards and he seemed very surprised that I was truly interested in buying those cards as if I should have known that it wasn't going to happen.
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

Just set the DVR to record sheets and Geeks.
summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

I am just waiting for the Brandi Passante sex tape to come out.
Stone Age
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Stone Age »

jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

Crazy. I watched Sheets and Geeks...Backpackpunk, didn't you buy the stuff you appraised?
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

jjttdw wrote:Crazy. I watched Sheets and Geeks...Backpackpunk, didn't you buy the stuff you appraised?
doesn't seem like he did in his last post (4 posts above)
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

fribhey wrote:
jjttdw wrote:Crazy. I watched Sheets and Geeks...Backpackpunk, didn't you buy the stuff you appraised?
That is what is confusing me.....the last scene of the show is someone, I presume backpackpunk, buying the cards for $700 after a coin flip.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

jjttdw wrote:
fribhey wrote:
That is what is confusing me.....the last scene of the show is someone, I presume backpackpunk, buying the cards for $700 after a coin flip.
read his response about the show. he says what happens to the items and says that when he should interest to daryl that he actually wanted to buy the cards that he gave him a response like backpack should have known that wasn't going to happen:
http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php ... 73#p393373
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

summoner wrote:I am just waiting for the Brandi Passante sex tape to come out.
Storage Whores?
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

I watch Storage Hunters. I guess thats pretty much the same thing.
password
Giant

Post by password »

Anyone watch the Pawn Stars episode with the Di-faced Tenner?