Giants of Fantasy Football 2012/2013

Mindless Chatter - Not related? Post it here.
easycraig
Giant

Re: Giants of Fantasy Football 2012/2013

Post by easycraig »

Gigantico wrote:Maybe next time the first 12 to pay get in, and the loafers get left behind.

Agreed....
its not fair to the commis....

hey... i may be looking to trade down in the draft if someone is interested... (permanent trade) I have the number 2 pick,
would be looking for spot 8,9 or 10 probably, let me know if anyone is interested. ec
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

DunDun wrote:Okay three non payers are getting called out.

1. Spagucci
2. BackPackPunk
3. PeacePig

If you don't pay by the draft I will cancel all your pickups that you make. Please pay and make my life easier. I really don't want to have to do this as it's a major pain in the @ss. I'm kinda getting frustrated that so many people haven't paid yet. I do this on my own time and it's a d!ck move to pull this bs. Thanks!!
I vote that those who don't pay up by draft day just get dropped from the league.
Last edited by conartstudio on Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

Can someone PM me Dun's Paypal info. Gracias!
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

with a day to go... need some info... how does the "snake" draft work....

when my draft slot opens up.... is there a "hold' button or something so I can move a different player into the slot if i want (providing i do it within the 90 seconds)...
just dont want to blind sided when it starts.... thanks... ec
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

snake means that if you have the first pick in the first round you have the last pick in the second round, the draft "snakes" around. You can rearrange the rankings to your liking ahead of time your league settings. I am not 100% on how to do this but it is usually pretty simple and something along the lines of "pre-rank your players." As far as the draft goes a window will pop up with all available players and the other teams in the draft. If you didn't rank the players on your own there is a default ranking. The draft begins and the first player has up to 90 seconds to pick. As soon as they make their pick the next person's 90 seconds starts. There is a "hold" button and if the person gets drafted right before you it tells you that the person has been drafted, this is generally where you actually use all 90 seconds. My advice is to do a mock draft, usually takes about a half hour. It will give you a feel for the draft room at least.

dan
Who's got my old stickers?
Backpackpunk
Giant

Post by Backpackpunk »

Paid, sorry I sent it to the wrong address.
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

Paid
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

Sorry Ive been without internet since Friday. I've been brawling ATT since I moved to Austin and I was finally able to get out of my year contract after much b!tching. I didn't think it through though. My TWC doesn't get setup until Friday...ugh. I don't have a smartphone and the computers in my building have viruses on them, so my internet has been complete hell for me. Gonna have to do my draft tonight from a coffee shop. :?

Got your payments dudes.Thx! Still waiting on PeacePig and Im kinda nervous that he's not gonna show up for the draft tonight. He doesn't read the board much and I'm down to kick him out. I just pm'd an alternate but I never planned on kicking anyone out, so this kinda complicates things.

If worst comes to worst we can always have an 11 team league or just see if he shows up or have a dead team. I'm down for the dead team because it works out better with 12 teams, so someone basically gets a freebie every week. I'm willing to bet that he will still show up...
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

I would say let the computer auto-pick for him.... (hopefully he will show up) 12 versus 11 is much better, and some folks could end up getting 2 freebie wins if it was a dead team. If it does become an unmanned team, I would gladly set his/this team every week and if or when I played his team... someone else would set the team. - just some thoughts. ec

good luck everyone.... totally geeked up for it this evening.... still not sure how the 90 second's between draft works... does the computer wait for you to pick if you are logged in??? and I would presume if you are not logged it... it just auto pics...

lmk... just don't want to screw up my first 10 picks or so..... thanks...... ec :D
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Sucks about your internet dude!

I think it's fair to the league to have players that are engaged. So, my vote is to get someone else if peacepig doesn't respond.

That is, unless you want to have my squad go against the dead team twice!
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

easycraig wrote:I would say let the computer auto-pick for him.... (hopefully he will show up) 12 versus 11 is much better, and some folks could end up getting 2 freebie wins if it was a dead team. If it does become an unmanned team, I would gladly set his/this team every week and if or when I played his team... someone else would set the team. - just some thoughts. ec

good luck everyone.... totally geeked up for it this evening.... still not sure how the 90 second's between draft works... does the computer wait for you to pick if you are logged in??? and I would presume if you are not logged it... it just auto pics...

lmk... just don't want to screw up my first 10 picks or so..... thanks...... ec :D
Whether you're logged in or not, the autopick won't pick until 90 seconds passes.
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

I just got a PM from him. He's gonna send payment tonight and will be at the draft. All is good in giantland.

See y'all tonight and good luck!
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

DunDun wrote:I just got a PM from him. He's gonna send payment tonight and will be at the draft. All is good in giantland.

See y'all tonight and good luck!
Woot!! :mrgreen:
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

good to hear on peacepig.... thanks gigantico for the info.... thanks gavin for setting up the league. ec
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

EC you are over thinking this, remember it's made for stupid buttocks people with little or no computer skills. you will be fine.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

halopigg wrote:EC you are over thinking this, remember it's made for stupid buttocks people with little or no computer skills. you will be fine.
Every year, it takes me a couple seconds to remember how to select the player. :lol:
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

halopigg wrote:EC you are over thinking this, remember it's made for stupid buttocks people with little or no computer skills. you will be fine.

luckily i did a mock draft (after calling a friend and asking him " where do i go on the computer to do a mock draft? " :lol:

good thing i did... as i had no idea where the hell i was.... i drafted a kicker with my 8th round pick which would be pretty f-ed up! :lol:

will try to be on my game when it starts but I definitely plan on drinking alone and sitting through the whole draft.....

ec
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

Looks like I have to give up one of my personal burgers this week.....
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

- i always tank the first week so i can get dibs on the waiver wire ! :lol: ec
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

easycraig wrote:.

- i always tank the first week so i can get dibs on the waiver wire ! :lol: ec
Doesn't waiver wire dibs go in reverse draft order?
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

That's what I was expecting but as soon as the first week was over it went to reverse ranking. Was hoping for that #1 waiver.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Shonquan wrote:That's what I was expecting but as soon as the first week was over it went to reverse ranking. Was hoping for that #1 waiver.
same here but i think the waiver priority went in reverse order starting at the end of the draft until the first game. then after the first game, the priority was set to league rank, wins/loss records or possibly total points scored.
Molotov Man
Black Book Gallery

Post by Molotov Man »

after 1st week it's: last place, first waiver and so on.
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

Dont forget that there are games ever single Thursday for the rest of the football year.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Barf..