Giants of Fantasy Football 2012/2013

Mindless Chatter - Not related? Post it here.
Shonquan
Giant

Re: Giants of Fantasy Football 2012/2013

Post by Shonquan »

DunDun wrote:
Shonquan wrote:
DunDun wrote:I don't know who Perros con dreads is but they're been in the league since it's inception.
Its analogtrash
Is he in? He's the only person I haven't heard from, but it looks like we are set. I'm posting a general draft day vote, but the last two years it's been the weeknight of the first thursday game. Seems to work best as pre-season injuries have all been weeded out.
I'll get in touch with him and ask.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

DunDun wrote:The draft order will be done by a live video drawing and I'll tell y'all when that is. I'm swamped with work right now and I shouldn't even be posting here. :D 8)
The system automatically picks the draft order right before the draft starts, right? Why different this time?
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

Gigantico wrote:
DunDun wrote:The draft order will be done by a live video drawing and I'll tell y'all when that is. I'm swamped with work right now and I shouldn't even be posting here. :D 8)
The system automatically picks the draft order right before the draft starts, right? Why different this time?
We've always picked an order for as long as I can remember. This is the preferred method, so people can plan a draft strategy. Shonquan and I will be meeting next week to do the draft order.

And the league is now full. Paypal to gavinmcglynn@gmail.com and make sure to make it friends and family(or gift...whatever paypal calls it now). Please pay the $50 before the draft! Thx.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

DunDun wrote:
Gigantico wrote:
We've always picked an order for as long as I can remember. This is the preferred method, so people can plan a draft strategy. Shonquan and I will be meeting next week to do the draft order.

And the league is now full. Paypal to gavinmcglynn@gmail.com and make sure to make it friends and family(or gift...whatever paypal calls it now). Please pay the $50 before the draft! Thx.
Whoa, really? I could've sworn the system picks it for us. Are you thinking about another league? I know that as long as I remember, I didn't know my draft position until moments before the draft started (unless I totally missed something).

Doesn't really matter though, just wondering.
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

- i'm paid, and i promise a better showing this year! :lol: ec
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

Gigantico wrote:
DunDun wrote:
Gigantico wrote:

Whoa, really? I could've sworn the system picks it for us. Are you thinking about another league? I know that as long as I remember, I didn't know my draft position until moments before the draft started (unless I totally missed something).

Pretty sure Murk drew the picks last year and I had first pick. I'm only in one league, but my brain is in five diff places right now.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

while i am thinking of it.... are we going with 6 teams making the playoffs this year ( top 2 get first round bye )

- just throwing it out there..... ec
Backpackpunk
Giant

Post by Backpackpunk »

Payment sent.
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

DunDun wrote:
Gigantico wrote:
DunDun wrote:
Gigantico wrote:

Pretty sure Murk drew the picks last year and I had first pick. I'm only in one league, but my brain is in five diff places right now.
Just looked back, you're absolutely right!
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Backpackpunk wrote:Payment sent.
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

Gigantico wrote:
Backpackpunk wrote:Payment sent.
Thanks guys. Already have payments from five peeps. Looks like we're set for a draft night because there's already a majority for a weeknight vote. I'm making another vote with last tuesday/wednesday in August or First tues/weds of Sept as the choices. These nights seem to work better for most people.
nixon451
Giant

Post by nixon451 »

I asked to get in a while ago, and I don't know if I made the cut. If I 'm in I'll send payment now.
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

Please vote on the Homepage for the exact draft day. Only half the league has voted. Right now it's Tuesday Sept 2nd in the lead with three votes, and Wednesday the 3rd in second place with two votes. If a tie happens there will be a hat pull for the day.
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

We have a draft order. Shonquan and I got together yesterday and drew names. Without further ado:

1. Backpackpunk
2. JackMama
3. Mr Murk
4. Shonquan
5. Molotov Man
6. Analogtrash
7. Peace Pig
8. Spagucci
9. EasyCraig
10. DunDun
11. Gigantico
12. ConArt

PLEASE VOTE for the Draft DATE!!!!! Right now Wednesday the 3rd is in the lead by one vote. I will shut down voting next tuesday and set the date, so no whining if you didn't vote and we don't pick your day. Only three people haven't voted.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffi ... sonId=2014
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

DunDun wrote:We have a draft order. Shonquan and I got together yesterday and drew names. Without further ado:

1. Backpackpunk
2. JackMama
3. Mr Murk
4. Shonquan
5. Molotov Man
6. Analogtrash
7. Peace Pig
8. Spagucci
9. EasyCraig
10. DunDun
11. Gigantico
12. ConArt

PLEASE VOTE for the Draft DATE!!!!! Right now Wednesday the 3rd is in the lead by one vote. I will shut down voting next tuesday and set the date, so no whining if you didn't vote and we don't pick your day. Only three people haven't voted.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffi ... sonId=2014
Sweet, another year, another last pick.

My draft orders in this league so far have been last, second to last, last
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

I've set the draft date for Sept 3rd @ 9:30pm EST. This time seems to work for people on both coasts. If a west coaster can't make it, I can prob move it up by half an hour, but not much more. See y'all then!
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

DunDun wrote:I've set the draft date for Sept 3rd @ 9:30pm EST. This time seems to work for people on both coasts. If a west coaster can't make it, I can prob move it up by half an hour, but not much more. See y'all then!
Hey dundun, is there anyone on the waiting list who can take my spot? I'm just way too busy right now to be even thinking about FF. If not, I'll play but I just don't have time to do anything with my team.

Let me know. Thanks
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

nixon451 wrote:I asked to get in a while ago, and I don't know if I made the cut. If I 'm in I'll send payment now.
You can have my spot Nixon. Just like Frib, things are extremely busy right now for me.
Molotov Man
Black Book Gallery

Post by Molotov Man »

WTF is going on here?
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Molotov Man wrote:WTF is going on here?
Right? I'm used to a few members bummed for missing out. Not people bailing a week before the season.

Hope we can fill the spots. Or, fuggit let's do 10 teams!
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

Gigantico wrote: Or, fuggit let's do 10 teams!
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

yeah this is some really lame sh!t. Pretty bunk to pull this at the last minute. Booted!

We are now only a 10 team league. I say keep the format the same. 14 weeks of play. 4 team playoff in weeks 15-16. Doesn't make sense to have over half the league get in the playoffs and have a bye.
Backpackpunk
Giant

Post by Backpackpunk »

DunDun wrote:
yeah this is some really lame sh!t. Pretty bunk to pull this at the last minute. Booted!

We are now only a 10 team league. I say keep the format the same. 14 weeks of play. 4 team playoff in weeks 15-16. Doesn't make sense to have over half the league get in the playoffs and have a bye.
I'm good with that. (the booting and the playoffs.)
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Backpackpunk wrote:
DunDun wrote:

I'm good with that. (the booting and the playoffs.)
Seconded.
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

-i am fine with 10 teams... -actually prefer it... ( just drafted my second 10 team draft this past thursday) --

but i still like 6 teams making the playoffs.... - keeps everyone in it...

or we should do what my other league does...... person with lowest points of the week pays $20 to the highest point scorer of the week..
( we could do a lower amount... $5 or $10 bucks a week )

either system keeps the teams active..... food for thought ...