Anticipation: Pattern of Corruption

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
Solar
Giant

Re: Anticipation: Pattern of Corruption

Post by Solar »

I missed it, but can't complain after the letterpress yesterday.
Abrogate
Giant

Post by Abrogate »

What crepe. Did they reannounce the drop or what?
Couldn't be much more frustrating than that.
"the greatest form of sanity anyone can exercise is to resist the force that is trying to repress,oppress and fight down the human spirit."-Mumia Abu Jamal
technique
Punk

Post by technique »

Was able to get a gold and had been refreshing since the announced times and after the site meltdown. I'm a big Cleon and Shep fan and was hoping for a print like this based on the Wynwood wall they did. I will be hanging this next to my Into the Night print by Cleon Peterson and very happy that Cleon is getting the much well deserved attention lately. :)
Jessica Ravelo
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Jessica Ravelo »

waited all day for the gold and struck out. congrats to those who scored. Enjoy. :|
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

Didn't they say they were going to announce a new drop time? Sheesh.
turnsintoashes
Punk

Post by turnsintoashes »

Any of those who scored that didn't get a confirmation email? I got the final confirmation screen along with the paypal receipt, but no email.
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

Rule of thumb is generally if you get one email from either pay pal or obey giant you are good.
Who's got my old stickers?
turnsintoashes
Punk

Post by turnsintoashes »

halopigg wrote:Rule of thumb is generally if you get one email from either pay pal or obey giant you are good.
First time I've only gotten one email, so I'm glad I was able to score one of these sets! I was hoping for blue, but saw black pop up first so I went for it. I saw Shep and Cleon working on the mural in Miami and was hoping they'd do a print collab in the future.
Warbucks
Punk

Post by Warbucks »

Very Happy to scored a B/W set! It is visually my favorite and the actual colors of the wall they did!
Gonna look Beautiful in a simple black frame!
Walk the Walk
theandrew13
Swindler

Post by theandrew13 »

looking on eb these are going about $350-400 already on ebay. insane. didn't even like the image that much to begin with.
Solar
Giant

Post by Solar »

It's probably because the drop was such a cluster and a lot of people who actually want the prints missed out. There are 450 sets out there - just wait and the price will come down. I'd predict $125-200 range (depending on the color) within a month.
xmanxman
Swindler

Post by xmanxman »

What time did this end up dropping?
Jessica Ravelo
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Jessica Ravelo »

xmanxman wrote:What time did this end up dropping?
I took a cell phone pic of the address page I struck out on for the gold black at about 3:09 pm pacific. Maybe half an hour before? Not sure exactly.
irishdroog
Swindler

Post by irishdroog »

In case someone from Obey reads this: You guys really screwed the pooch on this one! You dropped these prints right during rush hour on the East Coast. I bet a lot of people, like myself, were torn between staying at work longer or rushing home to try and grab this set. Either way...dropping prints during the 6pm (EST) hour is just stupid planning. Would it have killed you to just postpone one day? Probably not since you knew they’d sell out whenever you dropped them. Big thanks from East Standard Time!
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

irishdroog wrote:In case someone from Obey reads this: You guys really screwed the pooch on this one! You dropped these prints right during rush hour on the East Coast. I bet a lot of people, like myself, were torn between staying at work longer or rushing home to try and grab this set. Either way...dropping prints during the 6pm (EST) hour is just stupid planning. Would it have killed you to just postpone one day? Probably not since you knew they’d sell out whenever you dropped them. Big thanks from East Standard Time!
So Obey is to take into account rush hour traffic? Where does it stop?
Giant

Post by 843 »

irishdroog wrote:In case someone from Obey reads this: You guys really screwed the pooch on this one! You dropped these prints right during rush hour on the East Coast. I bet a lot of people, like myself, were torn between staying at work longer or rushing home to try and grab this set. Either way...dropping prints during the 6pm (EST) hour is just stupid planning. Would it have killed you to just postpone one day? Probably not since you knew they’d sell out whenever you dropped them. Big thanks from East Standard Time!
Not a print in the world that can make me feel torn to stay at wk another hr! haha From a fellow east coaster here, had 0 problem getting them on my phone on the ride home from wk
theandrew13
Swindler

Post by theandrew13 »

Yeah, everyone has a phone now and even in the middle of nowhere that I live in I have LTE, plus everyone under the age of about 40 texts when driving anyways. Don't see that being a big issue. Hell, I scored my empire state of mind while driving through Wisconsin this summer on my phone.
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

They don't need to take into account anyone's timezone or work schedule,
but let's face it, unless you were refreshing the page all day or tracking it
with a plugin, you were going to miss the drop because of their typical
website and communications BS.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

1) it was dropped during the 5pm (EST) hour.

2) half of the east coast was at home because of the storm.

3) this is not the first time when they had a delay, because of server melt down, that pushed the release time during the rush hour time on the east coast.

why do so many people have entitlement issues?
brintoul
Giant

Post by brintoul »

Solar wrote:It's probably because the drop was such a cluster and a lot of people who actually want the prints missed out. There are 450 sets out there - just wait and the price will come down. I'd predict $125-200 range (depending on the color) within a month.
With those godforsaken Colbert prints going for $225+, I don't see these - as a set - dropping below $200 no way no how.

IMO. :)
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

PDC wrote:They don't need to take into account anyone's timezone or work schedule,
Or unless you got the Platinum Club notification. :wink:
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Solar wrote:It's probably because the drop was such a cluster and a lot of people who actually want the prints missed out. There are 450 sets out there - just wait and the price will come down. I'd predict $125-200 range (depending on the color) within a month.
original cost was $120 plus shipping, it's a set of two prints and each color way is a very small (as far as obey prints go) edition of 150...

these might settle around the $200 mark but i don't see them going anywhere near the original cost.

EDIT: just took a look at EB and looks like, as of now, sets are going for $330-$400 ( :shock: ) ... I think Solar needs to double his prediction.
Last edited by conartstudio on Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no1gdman
Propaganda Engineer

Post by no1gdman »

Black was released first around 2, then blue 2:30, then gold 3 (PST) ... they all sold out in about 10 - 15 min

Wish I could have bought more than one set ... settled on gold
Jessica Ravelo
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Jessica Ravelo »

spagucci1 wrote:
PDC wrote:They don't need to take into account anyone's timezone or work schedule,
Or unless you got the Platinum Club notification. :wink:
Stop it with you platinum club ness!! :|
Jessica Ravelo
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Jessica Ravelo »

no1gdman wrote:Black was released first around 2, then blue 2:30, then gold 3 (PST) ... they all sold out in about 10 - 15 min

Wish I could have bought more than one set ... settled on gold
Awesome!! Congrats!! I thought I had a chance since blue and black seemed to take awhile before out of stock. I was wrong. The address page just froze when I hit submit.