FORUM AUCTION: Mailman 2000 29/140

Classified ads for those looking to sell and/or trade.
WestSeaKenny
Punk

FORUM AUCTION: Mailman 2000 29/140

Post by WestSeaKenny »

*Hit me in thread or in DM w/questions*

What: Mailman 29/140 Unframed
Opening bid: $1700
Past reference for opening bid: $1900, 2016 eBay sale, framed with pinholes (source: Worthpoint)
Auction Starts: 6PM Pacific, Today, Monday, December 6th
Auction Ends: 2PM Pacific, Monday, December 13th.

Details: I’m the original owner, purchased from ObeyGiant.com

Condition: VG+ in fantastic shape. This print has been stored flat in a portfolio. No pinholes, or tears. Corners and face of print are crisp. Original ink smudge in bottom right from production/pulling off press. Some discoloration in right border orange from production, appears their final pass of black left some remnants in the orange stamp edge. No post-production flaws.

Shipping: Will ship international from Seattle within 24 hours of auction ending. Buyer responsible for shipping charges. Default US shipping costs are $15.00. International shipping costs, expedited shipping and insurance are the responsibility of the Buyer.

Payment: Venmo unless otherwise agreed upon. BUYER must pay within 12 hours. OTHERWISE, seller has the right to take the offer of whoever was under you.

HOW IT WORKS:
Bidding: To bid, reply to the thread with the amount of your bid (starting with the opening price), additional bids must raise by a $25 minimum bid raising increment.

Winning: Winner is the bidder holding the highest bid at time of auction close.

No Snipe rule: If a bid is made within the last 9 minutes and 59 seconds of the auction’s scheduled closing time, Popcorn Bidding kicks in. Popcorn or dynamic bidding automatically extends the scheduled closing time for an auction item by 10 minutes after a bid is placed. Each subsequent bid resets the clock to allow bids to be made for another 10 minutes. Once there has been no bidding activity for 10 minutes, the bidding is considered completed and no further bidding is accepted. The auction for the item is then closed and the person who placed the highest bid wins the item. Sale is final: NO REFUNDS, NO RETURNS.

jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Re: FORUM AUCTION: Mailman 2000 29/140

Post by jjttdw »

Underrated print IMO
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

wait so no bids ? does anyone want to go in on it?
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

vvk wrote:wait so no bids ? does anyone want to go in on it?
Reserve might be a little too high?
WestSeaKenny
Punk

Post by WestSeaKenny »

I'll do further auctions 5 day v 7. Enough time for those who are tuned in here and care.

Wanted to give this crew first look but never expected all to sell here, what doesn't will go to open market.
WestSeaKenny
Punk

Post by WestSeaKenny »

... meaning I'm not a charity and this isn't a firesale, I don't need the money. I do expect FMV.

My intent all along was to give those here a first look. I'll continue to do that, if no takers all good.
Last edited by WestSeaKenny on Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russkov
Swindler

Post by russkov »

Cookie Head wrote:
Too high...
WestSeaKenny
Punk

Post by WestSeaKenny »

We'll see next Monday
bsharp
Posse

Post by bsharp »

russkov wrote:
Cookie Head wrote:
Too high...
Perhaps. A Mailman print was up on Paddle8 (before it shut down) a few times in 2018-2019, with a starting bid of $1200 w/BP. I don't think it got any bids (hence it being listed a couple times).

The last eBay sale on this was in 2017 for $1500-ish (according to EB), which would have netted $1350-ish after fees.

I also suspect there may be some people here who are holding back for other prints they want more. I've always loved and wanted this print for the right price, but there are other older prints I might want more, if I had to pick only one.

This one's brother (off by one #) is listed in July for an insane price ($6000) -- https://www.ebay.com/itm/203536080018. Even though it's in excellent condition, I doubt anybody is taking the seller seriously at that price. Maybe they're just fishing for interest.
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

guys IM pretty serious when i ask if anyone wants to go in on this.
you can store or i can or 3 or 4 of swap it ever now and again. It will be like a syndicate.
its pretty awesome that WSK is giving us first crack.
this is from a time and era of when shepard designed, separated printed these himself. But im not sure if he printed this one himself.
Count me in for 500 , just need a few more homies to make this work , lets do this guys. otherwise you will be kicking yourself in a few years. And I know we have all been in that position.

oh wait... I just remeberered whats going on here, its not monday the 1th yet. I guess thats when the dnipers will come out bids a blazn
Sdjosh
Punk

Post by Sdjosh »

If I’m being honest it’s higher than I would’ve expected the starting price to be… Which forces me to do a lot more thinking that I would’ve otherwise done. The printing artifact on the bottom right also gives me pause… is it a defect or something wonderful from a bygone era? No idea :-)

I did want to share this frame up from framingdevil that I saved a while back

simococo
Swindler

Post by simococo »

1700$
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

NICE...We have an open.

And for what it is worth, I'm the guy who got that print to Doug at Framing Devil to frame.
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

Sdjosh wrote: The printing artifact on the bottom right also gives me pause… is it a defect or something wonderful from a bygone era? No idea :-)

the artifact is more then likely a smeared thumb print. not intentional ala brainwash but still there. this edition was probably gonna be 150 however due to rejects the edition was capped at 140 salvaged pcs. probally rushing to get printing done, so he can go out and do his other jobs that helped support obey in the early years.Or so he can go bombing at night.
this print has blood sweat and tears all mixed in the ink with over the top trapping.
bsharp
Posse

Post by bsharp »

vvk wrote:
Sdjosh wrote: The printing artifact on the bottom right also gives me pause… is it a defect or something wonderful from a bygone era? No idea :-)

the artifact is more then likely a smeared thumb print. not intentional ala brainwash but still there. this edition was probably gonna be 150 however due to rejects the edition was capped at 140 salvaged pcs. probally rushing to get printing done, so he can go out and do his other jobs that helped support obey in the early years.Or so he can go bombing at night.
this print has blood sweat and tears all mixed in the ink with over the top trapping.
That idea about that being the reason for the edition size is romantic, and I would like to think there's some truth to it... but 140 was a fairly common edition size at that time: https://thegiant.org/wiki/index.php/Cat ... Size_-_140
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

bsharp wrote: That idea about that being the reason for the edition size is romantic, and I would like to think there's some truth to it... but 140 was a fairly common edition size at that time: https://thegiant.org/wiki/index.php/Cat ... Size_-_140

buddy, in these times all we have is romance.
Sdjosh
Punk

Post by Sdjosh »

jjttdw wrote:NICE...We have an open.

And for what it is worth, I'm the guy who got that print to Doug at Framing Devil to frame.
I’m pretty much a black or white frame with a really simple matting kind of guy, but this is just amazing
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

Sdjosh wrote:
jjttdw wrote:NICE...We have an open.

I’m pretty much a black or white frame with a really simple matting kind of guy, but this is just amazing
This is what he did with my bomber which I think is even better (sorrry for the glare)

vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

jjttdw wrote:
by far one of the best frame jobs i have ever seen. bravo!
WestSeaKenny
Punk

Post by WestSeaKenny »

Those frame jobs are incredible!
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

So did simococo win?
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

Sure looks like it.
WestSeaKenny
Punk

Post by WestSeaKenny »

Yup. Had some life stuff delay next auctions. Hoping to get two up today.