Rose Shackle and Obey Icon VSE

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
red.lotus
Punk

Rose Shackle and Obey Icon VSE

Post by red.lotus »

Did anyone pick up the VSE drop? I grabbed one of the icons which has now sold out but it looks like there's a decent amount of rose shackle left.

he “Rose Shackle” (Variable Stencil Edition) & “OBEY Icon” (Variable Stencil Edition) are collaborations produced with my good friend and former co-worker Ernesto Yerena. Each piece is a stencil painting with unique variations in background painting and relief texture created with a thick application of acrylic medium through pattern stencils. This rose represents the archetype of an individual or society who has endured oppression but perseveres and rises above. The Obey Icon face evolved at the end of 1995 out of the desire to move further away from the association with Andre the Giant and toward a more streamlined and universal “Big Brother” (as in George Orwell’s 1984) image.
–Shepard

*Half of the variable edition will also be available on Ernesto Yerena’s website – http://www.hechoconganas.com/

VSE Details:
Rose Shackle VSE & Obey Icon VSE. 20.5 x 26.5 inches. Variable Stencil Edition (VSE) on Paper. Signed by Shepard Fairey. Numbered edition of 20. $4000. Hecho Con Ganas publishing chop in lower left corner. Available on Tuesday, November 29th @ 10 AM PST at https://store.obeygiant.com. Max order: 1 per customer/household. International customers are responsible for import fees due upon delivery (Except UK).⁣ ALL SALES FINAL.

simococo
Swindler

Re: Rose Shackle and Obey Icon VSE

Post by simococo »

Very tempting, but I've blown my yearly budget on prints from the 90's.......
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

I'm praying that HENI select me for a Veils original by Hirst, so I'm saving my money. Surprised the lack of interest in these TBH
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
bsharp
Posse

Post by bsharp »

DunDun wrote:I'm praying that HENI select me for a Veils original by Hirst, so I'm saving my money. Surprised the lack of interest in these TBH
lol I'm in the reverse situation. I would have applied for a large Veil but I ended up grabbing something of Shep's before Damien made his announcement.

Good luck! The Veils are a thing to behold.