New Print: Peace Mujer OFFICIAL ANTICIPATION THREAD

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
JackMama
Giant

Post by JackMama »

plusplus wrote:durnit, it looks like I got charged for 2, hope they dont refund both of them. damm that site sucks.
same thing happened to me....one was 1758 and the other was 1870. wide range of numbers on the confirmation.
jimmy4wmu
Posse

Post by jimmy4wmu »

baxterpop wrote:I got through paypal and paid, but it crashed when I went to OG confirm order, anyone else have this problem? Will I still get a print! hopefully!!!
happened like 7 times to me, unless you got a confirm email from paypal looks like a no :?
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

PDC wrote:
MrMurk wrote:
fribhey wrote:
PDC wrote:
T.C.z. wrote:
DZEL wrote:step 3 of 3...

"EMAIL ERROR. COULD NOT INSTANTIATE MAIL FUNCTION"

hahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaa
If you get this page, you got the print. If you get an e-mail from Paypal but not from OG, you got the print. The last THREE prints have done this for me, and I got every one of them.
Hope this is true. I got all of this except for the OG confirmation.
go here and log in:
http://www.obeygiant.com/store/index.ph ... page=login

it will list your order with order number if you order went through
Cool. Thanks for that info.
I was order 1873.
Is that link still valid? When I log in there it shows my A-Track order as "processing" when I received it weeks ago. Also, I haven't had to log in to obeygiant.com for the last two releases.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
vorphilack
Punk

Post by vorphilack »

order # 1950, durn high.

Hope I'm not refunded.
MrMurk

Post by MrMurk »

cybernigel wrote:
PDC wrote:
MrMurk wrote:
fribhey wrote:
PDC wrote:
T.C.z. wrote:

hahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaa
If you get this page, you got the print. If you get an e-mail from Paypal but not from OG, you got the print. The last THREE prints have done this for me, and I got every one of them.
Im pretty sur eit will help you more than asking questions on here nobody really has a true answer for.

go here and log in:

I was order 1873.
Is that link still valid? When I log in there it shows my A-Track order as "processing" when I received it weeks ago. Also, I haven't had to log in to obeygiant.com for the last two releases.
Im pretty sure it will help you more than asking questions on here nobody really has a true answer for. :wink: If you want to get some answers I would suggest waiting a day or two for shipping confirmation.
polarbear
Swindler

Post by polarbear »

order confirmation #1751

first time it let me get through the order confirmation. Usually I hit confirm order and it times out, even though I get confirm from paypal. This time, I got the confirmation page.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

cybernigel wrote:Is that link still valid? When I log in there it shows my A-Track order as "processing" when I received it weeks ago. Also, I haven't had to log in to obeygiant.com for the last two releases.
they don't update the orders that are placed (ie changing processing to shipped) BUT as long as you use the same account (login) then evey order that you place will appear in your account.

just log in and if you see the new print listed then your order went through. it also lists the order numbers next to the order.
Autodactyl
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Autodactyl »

I got PayPal confirmation, but no OG confirmation. Am I cool? And by the way, what's with $18.75 for shipping?
TBlaze
Giant

Post by TBlaze »

I hate you all that keep posting order numbers!
easycraig wrote:I'm in.... whats another $900 when you owe THOUSANDS!!!!!
bleuachdu
Posse

Post by bleuachdu »

Autodactyl wrote:I got PayPal confirmation, but no OG confirmation. Am I cool? And by the way, what's with $18.75 for shipping?
Dude... I got charged $15.75 for shipping. I emailed OG to see whats up.
creestofer
Propaganda Engineer

Post by creestofer »

TBlaze wrote:I hate you all that keep posting order numbers!
jealous much? ..notice..i didnt put a confirmation number :oops:
it seems to me that to call an achieved work 'good art' and an unachieved work 'bad art,' is like calling one color 'good red' and another 'bad red' when the second one is green.
Autodactyl
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Autodactyl »

bleuachdu wrote:
Autodactyl wrote:I got PayPal confirmation, but no OG confirmation. Am I cool? And by the way, what's with $18.75 for shipping?
Dude... I got charged $15.75 for shipping. I emailed OG to see whats up.
I feel like if I send an email, they won't get to it for a while, if ever. So I just filed a dispute, and kindly asked for a refund on whatever they overcharged. I think that's fair, considering all the trouble I went through trying to pay. ;)
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Karbaum wrote:Does anyone know how long it takes to get a refund from PayPal? I got charged twice, and only one order confirmation.

Just wondering if anyone knows eta?
Again, probably Friday...
JohnnyKO
Swindler

Post by JohnnyKO »

Autodactyl wrote:I feel like if I send an email, they won't get to it for a while, if ever. So I just filed a dispute, and kindly asked for a refund on whatever they overcharged. I think that's fair, considering all the trouble I went through trying to pay. ;)

Actually, they do OK with responding to e-mails. Filing a dispute right away isn't the friendliest approach to take- at least try to contact them first...
diggs25
Posse

Post by diggs25 »

cybernigel wrote:
PDC wrote:
MrMurk wrote:
fribhey wrote:
PDC wrote:
T.C.z. wrote:

hahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaa
go here and log in:

I was order 1873.

I also received that message, but my cart currently has the print in it! Above my cart it says the print is no longer available. I have no confirmation number, but Paypal charged me. WHAT ARE MY CHANCES?
"Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state" -- Noam Chomsky
catch23
Propaganda Engineer

Post by catch23 »

This sucks, my bosses decided to show up at 12:30 so I was screwed. My friend did manage to get through but I'm screwed (as far as paying the regular price goes). Well I'm off to the bay of E.
creestofer
Propaganda Engineer

Post by creestofer »

catch23 wrote:This sucks, my bosses decided to show up at 12:30 so I was screwed. My friend did manage to get through but I'm screwed (as far as paying the regular price goes). Well I'm off to the bay of E.
see you there :D
it seems to me that to call an achieved work 'good art' and an unachieved work 'bad art,' is like calling one color 'good red' and another 'bad red' when the second one is green.
creestofer
Propaganda Engineer

Post by creestofer »

...so i just realized why i was stuck on confirmation....

i checked my bank account and my card didnt have enough money to buy the print. hahahahahahaha. im trying to laugh off my stupidity..its not working so well

:x
tbafromca
Posse

Re: obeygiant.com needs a serious upgrade

Post by tbafromca »

cybernigel wrote:Sorry, but I have to say it. It isn't like no one else can figure out how to handle a few thousand hits on a server at the same time without it crashing. Ecomm has been around for over ten years now and there's really no excuse for this shoddy performance other than poor system design. Even using free technology (PHP, MySQL) you can a build cart that can handle a million hits a day if you do it right.
I couldn't agree more.
knowledge is power
PaleBird
Swindler

Post by PaleBird »

if the servers worked the prints would sell out that much faster and we'd still be here bitching.
TBlaze
Giant

Post by TBlaze »

I'm still annoyed!
easycraig wrote:I'm in.... whats another $900 when you owe THOUSANDS!!!!!
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

Please give it a rest everyone. The servers are fine, they just aren't equipped to handle a milllion hits in a minute. There aren't many sites around that can withstand that kind of traffic. NOTHING'S perfect so deal with it.

Everyone bitching about servers all seem to be noobs to collecting. KR has been crashing for years, Ryden crashes everytime there's a new print. Kawsone crashes all the time. So much so that he shut down sales of his dissected during the middle of run, so he could buy new servers...
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

DunDun wrote:Please give it a rest everyone. The servers are fine, they just aren't equipped to handle a milllion hits in a minute. There aren't many sites around that can withstand that kind of traffic. NOTHING'S perfect so deal with it.

Everyone bitching about servers all seem to be noobs to collecting. KR has been crashing for years, Ryden crashes everytime there's a new print. Kawsone crashes all the time. So much so that he shut down sales of his dissected during the middle of run, so he could buy new servers...
i agree. look at what happened to POW last month when the banksy's went on sale. the site was down for about 6 hours and A LOT of people missed out on the print because they didn't know the site went back up later that evening. when the new shopping cart went up on OG it was annoying when it would go down for hours but most everyone who got an order through did it in under 45 minutes.
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

DunDun wrote:Please give it a rest everyone. The servers are fine, they just aren't equipped to handle a milllion hits in a minute. There aren't many sites around that can withstand that kind of traffic. NOTHING'S perfect so deal with it.

There's no way he's getting a million a minute; probably not even in a day. That's a very large number. I bought my first print in '95.
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

fribhey wrote:

i agree. look at what happened to POW last month when the banksy's went on sale. the site was down for about 6 hours and A LOT of people missed out on the print because they didn't know the site went back up later that evening. when the new shopping cart went up on OG it was annoying when it would go down for hours but most everyone who got an order through did it in under 45 minutes.
Yeah, but POW is using a friggin' MS Access database. That' like riding a Segway on the interstate.