Reprint older images ?

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
7.guys.named.bruce
Swindler

Reprint older images ?

Post by 7.guys.named.bruce »

I know this has been brought up before, but how many of you would spend the money to buy a reprint of say a Big Brother or Authoritarian or Visual Pollution in a larger offset like the "Lesser Gods" lithograph in a 24"x36" print run of 750.

I ask because I think there are alot of Shep fans like me that missed out on many of these earlier prints and will never be able to afford the originals. But for $25. or $30. could still have these great images on our walls.

I have asked Obey with no response. Maybe not enough of us that just want the art and not an investment to justify producing them.

Sorry no pics. I still don't know how to do that.
Last edited by 7.guys.named.bruce on Sat May 12, 2007 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baxterpop
Giant

Post by baxterpop »

doubt they will ever do it unless its one of these reissue like the Retro Series. Like any artist they are focused on the future of their "product" or "art" instead of relying on the past.
7.guys.named.bruce
Swindler

I'm afraid your right. I will have to get a better paying job or sell my wife. Anyone?..... she's very pretty!
TBlaze
Giant

Post by TBlaze »

Just like prints... You got to post pictures or you'll get no offers....
easycraig wrote:I'm in.... whats another $900 when you owe THOUSANDS!!!!!
T.C.z.
Posse

Post by T.C.z. »

This is smeared.
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Post by TheOmethod »

Bad idea - no thanks
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Idea D.O.A.
baxterpop
Giant

Post by baxterpop »

maybe you should talk to that dude who was reprinting them and trying to sell them on ebay, he might be able to give you tha hook up.
blackheart
Giant

Post by blackheart »

baxterpop wrote:maybe you should talk to that dude who was reprinting them and trying to sell them on ebay, he might be able to give you tha hook up.
QFT
I have spent 90% of my money on women and wine.........the rest i wasted!!
7.guys.named.bruce
Swindler

Wow. I'm surprised by the responses. But O.k., bad idea. It was just a thought. :?
Reverend ToneZone
Giant

Post by Reverend ToneZone »

TBlaze wrote:Just like prints... You got to post pictures or you'll get no offers....
Yeah, let's see the wife!! :lol:
Check out the collection, wants, trades, and feedback . . .
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=8633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong." -George Carlin R.I.P.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

7.guys.named.bruce wrote:Wow. I'm surprised by the responses. But O.k., bad idea. It was just a thought. :?
i'm surprised that you are surprised by the responses....

people here like to collect art, not posters.
LittleJohn
Swindler

Post by LittleJohn »

It would be nice to have another shot at some prints that you werent able to obtain. The offsets are just about worthless in terms of 18X24. I dont think it would change "art collectors" or "poster collecters". Lets not shine these brighter then they are.
Screen printed posters, there cool and I love/support them to no end, but I wouldnt hold this in high regards to "collecting art"
Some responses youll give is that it is a different kind of art,...right, but so is music. Do you collect cds in terms of art. Keeping them in mint condition and having to have every one and every color scheme?
Im sure this reply will make some people angry and thats ok with me. This is just a message board and opinions are like @$$holes, although Im always up for a good laugh. :P
LittleJohn
Swindler

Post by LittleJohn »

fribhey wrote:
7.guys.named.bruce wrote:Wow. I'm surprised by the responses. But O.k., bad idea. It was just a thought. :?

...this is why I used to love OG, there was no form of elitist attitudes :oops: . A wise man once told me, "The times, they are a changin"
TinManOne
Giant

Post by TinManOne »

Yeah...

I think anyone on here who has some of the older prints Shep has done would agree that... the art of screen printing has changed a lot.
It is now almost a mass produced mockery of what it once was.
Goin from hand cut ruby film and pulling your own prints to designing everything on a computer, sending out a digital file and Booom you have 300 print at your door is kind of a bummer... But then again... thats cool too... I tend to see these as Large flyers in a way... spreadin the word and there is defiantly a place for this.
This contrast between the two is why if you get chance to get your hands on an older piece... jump on it... You can see the decision making process like blacking and or trapping of the different colors overlapping in these prints from '95-'97
Im a hand painting graffiti artist and felt the same way about stencil graff for a long time... but since then have grown to appreciate the art of stencil making and the power to produce the same image over and over to and get up even more.

Food for thought..!!
Modern art = I could do that + yeah... but you didnt
baxterpop
Giant

Post by baxterpop »

LittleJohn wrote: ...this is why I used to love OG, there was no form of elitist attitudes :oops: . A wise man once told me, "The times, they are a changin"
Isnt this remark having an elitist attitude?
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

LittleJohn wrote:
fribhey wrote:

...this is why I used to love OG, there was no form of elitist attitudes :oops: . A wise man once told me, "The times, they are a changin"
it's not an elitiste attitude. shepard is an artist, not a poster maker. silkscreen prints ARE art. there would be no point to making limited editions if you keep reprinting something.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

TinManOne wrote:the art of screen printing has changed a lot.
It is now almost a mass produced mockery of what it once was.
Goin from hand cut ruby film and pulling your own prints to designing everything on a computer, sending out a digital file and Booom you have 300 print at your door is kind of a bummer...
i feel the same way but that's how it is now. art has become less personal as has our society...

silkscreen prints are still art no matter what the process is and there is still a line between a poster and a print.
outeredgestudio
Giant

Post by outeredgestudio »

Retro Series....... get 'em!!! They are the best! I like having these older images up that I missed out on. I have all four framed and up. out of walls though
David Choe prints http://outeredgestudio.com
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

outeredgestudio, until you change that avatar, I am not reading anymore of your posts. jk. It is FREAKING me out.
outeredgestudio
Giant

Post by outeredgestudio »

robotoil wrote:outeredgestudio, until you change that avatar, I am not reading anymore of your posts. jk. It is FREAKING me out.
I stole King Kong's Jaw. I'll get on it. new avatario coming up