New Print: PANTHER POWER OFFICIAL ANTICIPATION THREAD

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
Autodactyl
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Autodactyl »

how come this isn't a sticky?
rastapunk
Giant

Post by rastapunk »

Killer print!
Yantra and mantra create tantra.
password
Giant

Post by password »

FYI, I do not think the lady in this print is Amanda Fairey.
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

password wrote:FYI, I do not think the lady in this print is Amanda Fairey.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
insanedrifter
Punk

Post by insanedrifter »

can't wait for this hotness
http://www.myspace.com/insanedrifter
Get 20% off fresh gear at http://www.Karmaloop.com
use rep code CI15294
I make Art.......Obey Prints Wanted
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

Autodactyl wrote:how come this isn't a sticky?
it is a sekret only the GODS know
Our influence will be gigantic.
rastapunk
Giant

Post by rastapunk »

password wrote:FYI, I do not think the lady in this print is Amanda Fairey.
...if it is, it shows terrible taste on Shepard's part. He should remember how that ended up working out for Ted Danson
Yantra and mantra create tantra.
eljimmy
Swindler

Post by eljimmy »

I like seeing people say,...Shepard should do this... Shepard should do that.... START YOUR OWN DESIGN FIRM!!
thentherewasone
Giant

Post by thentherewasone »

eljimmy wrote:I like seeing people say,...Shepard should do this... Shepard should do that.... START YOUR OWN DESIGN FIRM!!
umm...not to be a prick, but that's what discussion is all about
notudon
Giant

New print hre first

Post by notudon »

How does the new print appear on this website before the official Obey Giant site? I read the thread here first, went to the Obey site and it was still the Comanda print. The Obey site now has the new print up, but it was a few hours after it was posted here.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Jermy hooks us up each week.
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

thentherewasone wrote:
eljimmy wrote:I like seeing people say,...Shepard should do this... Shepard should do that.... START YOUR OWN DESIGN FIRM!!
umm...not to be a prick, but that's what discussion is all about
seriously yeah, this isnt about that. if anything, we are shepard fairey's clients.
Our influence will be gigantic.
weston
Posse

Post by weston »

JERMY DOESN'T DO garbage
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

weston wrote:JERMY DOESN'T DO garbage
Oh, sorry dude, I thought you were just talking about yourself in the 3rd person like that Seinfeld episode. Seriously though, what are the Jermy shares about? And, thanks for hooking up the prints each week.
nixon451
Giant

Post by nixon451 »

illyanadmc wrote:
robotoil wrote:I think if Shepard did that today, the FBI would be following him around as a potential terrorist. 1/2 Joking. Would Shepard have released this in today's climate?

i hope so - that print is so awesome.

adam used to wear an obey shirt with that image on it, and i remember my mom saying he should "be careful" because people might think he's supporting terrorism or something. however, she said the same thing about a paul frank shirt i owned that had cartoon veggies speaking arabic. i guess i probably should've been more careful than adam, since i have no idea what the veggies were even saying!
I wouldn't wear it because I am willing to bet a lot of Muslims would find it offensive.

Now an Arabic speaking cartoon vegetable is just plain scary.
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

I hope that is really a picture of you because it would make for the craziest first post EVER!!!

edit: never mind, i guess his first post got deleted.
LittleJohn
Swindler

Post by LittleJohn »

Would of liked this more with a catchy slogan like "Kill Whitey" or something along those lines. I realize that the BP's were a great revolutionary program, but I feel like Newton/Seal would laugh at a cracker having this prints on their wall.
!embrace¡
Propaganda Engineer

Post by !embrace¡ »

LittleJohn wrote:Would of liked this more with a catchy slogan like "Kill Whitey" or something along those lines. I realize that the BP's were a great revolutionary program, but I feel like Newton/Seal would laugh at a cracker having this prints on their wall.
Im pretty sure that there were some white people involved with the black panthers. no?
they call me the hiphopopotomous. my rhymes are bottomless......
LittleJohn
Swindler

Post by LittleJohn »

After reading Seize The Time, whites werent really involved. I guess they feared them more or less. Patty Herst was pretty close to being one though
catch23
Propaganda Engineer

Post by catch23 »

LittleJohn wrote:I realize that the BP's were a great revolutionary program, but I feel like Newton/Seal would laugh at a cracker having this prints on their wall.
I've been looking for a way to say that without sounding too ignorant (not that you do LittleJohn) but that's how I feel as well. Not that the image or the message isn't great but it doesn't really relate to me and I can't see it hanging on my wall. Anybody else feel the same?
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

LittleJohn wrote:Would of liked this more with a catchy slogan like "Kill Whitey" or something along those lines. I realize that the BP's were a great revolutionary program, but I feel like Newton/Seal would laugh at a cracker having this prints on their wall.
Hmmm, "Kill Whitey" doesn't seem like Shepard's style nor does it seem like that's the point of any of his Black revolutionary prints. I doubt Huey Newton would laugh at someone who admired him or embraced his beliefs.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Gigantico wrote:
Hmmm, "Kill Whitey" doesn't seem like Shepard's style nor does it seem like that's the point of any of his Black revolutionary prints. I doubt Huey Newton would laugh at someone who admired him or embraced his beliefs.
"Kill Whitey" has already been done.

Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

robotoil wrote:
Gigantico wrote:
"Kill Whitey" has already been done.

Not really, one is speaking to Black solidarity and the other is advocating violence.
boog1
Posse

Post by boog1 »

All this hub bub about race...Lets not make this bigger than it is, which is

Shephard + Afro =Awesome print!
Volcom99
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Volcom99 »

boog1 wrote:All this hub bub about race...Lets not make this bigger than it is, which is

Shephard + Afro =Awesome print!
=Shepfro?
That's my word.