Official Anticipation Thread: "LOVE UNITES"

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
jonathancol
Posse

Post by jonathancol »

Let's hope that this is a screenprint. Regardless, 2 prints in a week is always good.
GiantTarHeel
Posse

Post by GiantTarHeel »

I'm trying to get this one as a gift. If there's anyone who doesn't want this but likes the OG chase and would be willing to grab one for me at cost plus shipping, it would be greatly appreciated. PM me.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re:

Post by admonkey »

jonathancol wrote:Let's hope that this is a screenprint. Regardless, 2 prints in a week is always good.
Shepard's modus operandi is to get a smaller first run out quickly and easily onto the street and then use the surplus to pay for the initial run. If the initial propaganda is successful, it's followed up by a massive carpet bombing campaign.

Quick, small runs are more easily accomplished using screen printing; larger, full-force printing is more easily and economically accomplished with lithographs.

Following the Progress -> Hope template, my money is on these being screen prints.

Shepard isn't prone to reinventing the wheel.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
cybernigel
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by cybernigel »

tommy armageddon wrote:
circa77 wrote:
stinkypete wrote:
cybernigel wrote:
JackMama wrote:Any person suspected of EBAYing this print will be automatically banned from OBEYGIANT.com. No Exceptions.
If this is effective it could make releases easier to get.
so flippers rights not a big priority then :wink:
HA!

Flippers are people too.
equality to flippers.
What if you are a gay flipper and you want to ebay this to help pay for your wedding in CA?
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
hames002
Giant

Re: Official Anticipation Thread: "LOVE UNITES"

Post by hames002 »

i want it!... drop now drop now please
GiantTarHeel
Posse

Post by GiantTarHeel »

"What if you are a gay flipper and you want to ebay this to help pay for your wedding in CA?"

Is this suppose to be a joke?
tommy armageddon
Swindler

Post by tommy armageddon »

cybernigel wrote:
tommy armageddon wrote:
circa77 wrote:
stinkypete wrote:
cybernigel wrote:
JackMama wrote:Any person suspected of EBAYing this print will be automatically banned from OBEYGIANT.com. No Exceptions.
If this is effective it could make releases easier to get.
so flippers rights not a big priority then :wink:
HA!

Flippers are people too.
equality to flippers.
What if you are a gay flipper and you want to ebay this to help pay for your wedding in CA?
if you were to sell this particular print there couldn't be a better reason. lets hope it happens.
EFE
Giant

Post by EFE »

It will drop between 13:00-16:00 LA time.
tommy armageddon
Swindler

what are the chances this will drop in the next hour i have to go to the store?
EFE
Giant

Post by EFE »

tommy armageddon wrote:what are the chances this will drop in the next hour i have to go to the store?

Go man go.It will not drop in the next hour.OG is just playing games with the fans.Reading this garbage till 30 pages and then drop it!!
tommy armageddon
Swindler

EFE wrote:
tommy armageddon wrote:what are the chances this will drop in the next hour i have to go to the store?

Go man go.It will not drop in the next hour.OG is just playing games with the fans.Reading this garbage till 30 pages and then drop it!!
cool. i'm starting to think the same thing.
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

GiantTarHeel wrote:"What if you are a gay flipper and you want to ebay this to help pay for your wedding in CA?"

Is this suppose to be a joke?
I walked from the computer and my bro typed it. (< inside joke)

Yeah it was but I guess it can be considered an exploration of clashing principles... or just a stupid comment. I haven't had any coffee yet.
thetruth55
Propaganda Engineer

Post by thetruth55 »

Image aside, is anybody else going for this print simply because of the 864 square inches of Obey silkscreen fumes that will be belching out of the tube? :D
ll_coolray
Posse

Post by ll_coolray »

This would be such a good xmas gift for a buddy of mine. Very probama and prolove.. Like me! Good luck to all, thanks god I don't have anything better to do today..!

:)
mikey c
Posse

Post by mikey c »

thetruth55 wrote:Image aside, is anybody else going for this print simply because of the 864 square inches of Obey silkscreen fumes that will be belching out of the tube? :D
That thought has crossed my mind...

I'm undecided on this one. I dig it overall but the hand bugs me in places. I've also been buying a lot of prints lately.
xcommunication
Swindler

Post by xcommunication »

mikey c wrote:
thetruth55 wrote:Image aside, is anybody else going for this print simply because of the 864 square inches of Obey silkscreen fumes that will be belching out of the tube? :D

I'm undecided on this one. I dig it overall but the hand bugs me in places. I've also been buying a lot of prints lately.
I'm going for it but the had does bother me too. I liked the original piece with the ring but I guess with the positioning of this fist, you can't really see the ring anyways...
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

xcommunication wrote:
mikey c wrote:

I'm going for it but the had does bother me too.
What are the problems with the hand?
add 'em
Swindler

Post by add 'em »

anyone remember when the last few dropped?..they were later in the day right...i didnt try for them so i dont know...earlier the better for me on this one...
add 'em subtract 'em
gpt104
Giant

Post by gpt104 »

mikey c wrote:
I've also been buying a lot of prints lately.
Same here - if I'm around, I'll try.

Not a lot of chatter on this print at all. Not DOH4 levels at least
Collection & Wants: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=3093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
submethod
Giant

Post by submethod »

Hmmmmmmm.....

I wonder if the turn out to buy this print will be any reflection on how people feel about Prop 8 or simply ascertaining another SF print? Maybe both?

If you voted Yes on 8, are you still getting the print?
xcommunication
Swindler

Post by xcommunication »

cybernigel wrote:
xcommunication wrote:
mikey c wrote:

I'm going for it but the had does bother me too.
What are the problems with the hand?
For me it's just that the image has been used before and that it would have been nice to incorporate the ring from the original... just my thought.
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

xcommunication wrote:
mikey c wrote:

I'm going for it but the had does bother me too. I liked the original piece with the ring but I guess with the positioning of this fist, you can't really see the ring anyways...
I'm so tired of hearing people bash Shepard's ha(n)ds. I don't understand why you say the hands are off then you buy it. Oh wait you think it's gonna be worth a million dollars in ten years. :roll:

I don't think the ring is necessary. It would completely take away from the power of the image.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
thetruth55
Propaganda Engineer

Post by thetruth55 »

DunDun wrote: I don't think the ring is necessary. It would completely take away from the power of the image.
Exactly. This fist is the classic Obey version. I don't want some knockoff version with a ring on it....that would be too CafePress-esque (i.e. knockoff) for me.
ll_coolray
Posse

Post by ll_coolray »

Honestly, why do people buy prints when they don't like or even agree with what they're saying/depicting?? Leave them for us that love the message and image!! Buy for the art, not the possible value :evil:
submethod
Giant

Post by submethod »

DunDun wrote:
xcommunication wrote:
mikey c wrote:

I'm so tired of hearing people bash Shepard's ha(n)ds. I don't understand why you say the hands are off then you buy it. Oh wait you think it's gonna be worth a million dollars in ten years. :roll:

I don't think the ring is necessary. It would completely take away from the power of the image.
On the contrary, I do think the ring is necessary.

Harvey's original print was designed with a ring to denote the importance of same sex union. Without the ring and the cryptic message of "Love Unites", its anybody's guess what that print is about; that is of course if you live under a rock in Los Angeles.