MBW

Other Artists? We got 'em right here.
Tad Ghostal
Giant

Re: MBW

Post by Tad Ghostal »

cybernigel wrote:
blazedoutbee wrote: He is on FIRE!!!
No he's not, but you must be flaming. They're from 2009 and that's the biggest yawn of a cliché in pop-art imaginable.
Had I not seen ETTGS, I'd seriously be taking odds that MBW was a merely collection of Hot Topic design rejects.
Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help.
rumspring
Giant

Post by rumspring »

toobs
Giant

Post by toobs »

So . . . please stop, u r trash, this is a joke right! $300 each
danklax5
Giant

Post by danklax5 »

toobs wrote:So . . . please stop, u r trash, this is a joke right! $300 each
I agree completely but by October these will be selling on the secondary market for triple that.
"I make my own luck."
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

Wait, why is the flour can spraying orange? :lol:
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

djsp wrote:Wait, why is the flour can spraying orange? :lol:
i was trying to figure that out the other day when the images were posted. it occurred to me that it's probably an error by the artist who actually created them and that MBW probably hasn't even seen them yet. either that or flour in france is orange.

i was also trying to figure out why there were even cans of Hershey or the Flour to begin with... neither comes in a round container as ketchup, salt, pepto, etc all do. seems kind of pointless to just grab random product packaging and apply it to a spray can if the original packaging isn't round to begin with. how about a can of Coca-Cola or something else that is actually ROUND... using a Hershey candy bar wrapper and a bag of Gold's Flour is just stupid.

or at least use products that can actually SPRAY in a liquid format... this would exclude both the salt and flour. again, it's stupid.

but then it occurred to me that MBW is an idiot and i really don't give a rats a$$ about the garbage that he suckers people into buying.
Last edited by conartstudio on Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toobs
Giant

Post by toobs »

danklax5 wrote: I agree completely but by October these will be selling on the secondary market for triple that.
:roll: if that was my main motive "FLIPPING" then you are correct, but I don't know about these, they are quite terrible and anyone who's taken a photoshop class can create this BS and print at home.
----> we needs a puke face emoticon ----------------------------------> Le BARF!
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

toobs wrote:
danklax5 wrote: I agree completely but by October these will be selling on the secondary market for triple that.
:roll: if that was my main motive "FLIPPING" then you are correct, but I don't know about these, they are quite terrible and anyone who's taken a photoshop class can create this BS and print at home.
----> we needs a puke face emoticon ----------------------------------> Le BARF!
seems like there are more MBW collectors that are concerned about the secondary market than collectors of any other artist.

things that make you go hmmmmmmm.
toobs
Giant

Post by toobs »

hmmmmm? Image
diggs25
Posse

Post by diggs25 »

fribhey wrote:
i was trying to figure that out the other day when the images were posted. it occurred to me that it's probably an error by the artist who actually created them and that MBW probably hasn't even seen them yet. either that or flour in france is orange.

i was also trying to figure out why there were even cans of Hershey or the Flour to begin with... neither comes in a round container as ketchup, salt, pepto, etc all do. seems kind of pointless to just grab random product packaging and apply it to a spray can if the original packaging isn't round to begin with. how about a can of Coca-Cola or something else that is actually ROUND... using a Hershey candy bar wrapper and a bag of Gold's Flour is just stupid.

or at least use products that can actually SPRAY in a liquid format... this would exclude both the salt and flour. again, it's stupid.

but then it occurred to me that MBW is an idiot and i really don't give a rats a$$ about the garbage that he suckers people into buying.

Maybe it's a statement about our corporate culture. We tend to react very mildly, if at all, when corporations infiltrate our commons with their slogans and iconography. On the other hand, if an artist dares to present his/her message to the wider public it is often considered vandalism and subject to punitive action. Why is that?
"Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state" -- Noam Chomsky
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

diggs25 wrote:
fribhey wrote:

Maybe it's a statement about our corporate culture. We tend to react very mildly, if at all, when corporations infiltrate our commons with their slogans and iconography. On the other hand, if an artist dares to present his/her message to the wider public it is often considered vandalism and subject to punitive action. Why is that?
you are fooling yourself if you think MBW is smart enough to have any statements in his art.... sometimes, he doesn't even see some of the work until it's time for him to put his signature on it. fact.
edouble
Punk

Post by edouble »

toobs wrote:hmmmmm? Image
awesome!
blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

Post by blazedoutbee »

toobs wrote:

If it's so easy why aren't you doing it? If it was a good print you put out I would buy it but I think your talking out your backside....

These will be selling for $900 plus in a years time and you can quote me on that. If you can accomplish the same thing that would be awesome and you would be rich as well! I would love to see some of your artwork/photoshop skills. Do it up or at least please stop bashing MBW endlessly. You would also have to work on some of your shipping skills as well but you could probably outsource that task. MBW is here to stay! Not to mention his show in London is going to AWESOME!

I have two of these Lithographs to give away for free! Just pay postage and they are yours! One per person please... First 2 people to PM me get em! :mrgreen:

cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

It's funny how when people get banned on ebeans they try to buy friends over here.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

Post by blazedoutbee »

all gone thanks for playing
blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

Post by blazedoutbee »

cybernigel wrote:It's funny how when people get banned on ebeans they try to buy friends over here.
give me your address and I'll send you a max spray out on me :mrgreen:

ps it's only a temp ban
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

cybernigel wrote:It's funny how when people get banned on ebeans they try to buy friends over here.
blaze got banned on BOTH sites? Takes a special kind of person to pull that off...
blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

Post by blazedoutbee »

fribhey wrote:
blaze got banned on BOTH sites? Takes a special kind of person to pull that off...

wrong
s_k_y
Propaganda Engineer

Post by s_k_y »

all of the spray 'drips' are all straight lines down the curved top of the can.

looks like the little straws that they attach to the side of WD-40.

it's the details....
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

blazedoutbee wrote:
fribhey wrote:
wrong
you said yourself that your were temporarily banned... how am i wrong?
blazedoutbee wrote:ps it's only a temp ban
Molotov Man
Black Book Gallery

Post by Molotov Man »

fribhey wrote:
blazedoutbee wrote:
fribhey wrote:
wrong

Will you guys please start a new thread about "Blaze" being banned and such? Not that this thread could get much worse but it's starting to look that way.
toobs
Giant

Post by toobs »

Molotov Man wrote:
fribhey wrote:
blazedoutbee wrote:
fribhey wrote:
wrong

Will you guys please start a new thread about "Blaze" being banned and such? Not that this thread could get much worse but it's starting to look that way.
I'm pretty sure there's one out there, I hate that dude, he's a fcukin cancer.
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

So who is going for what can? I have a big trip to NYC at the end of the month so I'm sitting this one out. Good luck to all going for these!
rumspring
Giant

Post by rumspring »

spagucci1 wrote:So who is going for what can? I have a big trip to NYC at the end of the month so I'm sitting this one out. Good luck to all going for these!
I can't get excited about the price. Spending $300 on one is a bit too serious fo rme. If I was going to buy one, it would be the Starbucks. The others don't really seem to be communicating or representing anything new. They are fun to look at though.

The soup can spray can said more to me because of Warhol of course, but having it not be an original idea or arguably just not a unique idea made it just nice to look at for me. But the Starbucks can seems to represent something for me. I don't disagree with the notion that these cans were "throw it against the wall and see if something sticks". I don't think there is anything wrong with that approach, but I ain't going to buy the stuff that doesn't stick for $300...
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »