New Print: Obama Offset Anticipation Thread

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
sti2relaxxin
Posse

Post by sti2relaxxin »

I received mine today as well.
Spagucci1; have you emailed Obey your confirmation number from when you purchased the print? Maybe that will get a response/ tracking number from them.
I love my STi.
James Reeves
Posse

Re: New Print: Obama Offset Anticipation Thread

Post by James Reeves »

extremeimages77 wrote:im buying war by numbers hopefully...maybe i wouldnt have to sell a print to do it if prices where not so high...as for my other auctions in the past...they were mostly bought from ebay anyways so back they went...and all my auctions start at 99 cents so its peoples own decision to bid these auctions up....sorry to anyone that considers me a flipper but its a long cold winter here for a landscape designer...my prints have kept me and my familys belly full and helps pay for heating oil...so if you think im wrong for doing it then i really dont care....i am a collector who is selling the prints i wont hang and selling the ones i paid rediculous amounts for on ebay...and i have offerred them here before selling them...there are a few people here that got great deals from me on some recent prints if they would like to speek up thats fine...so again im sorry...to anyone that thinks im just a flipper not a collector id be more than willing to show you some pictures of my walls and my portfolio...shep is just a small part of my collection
5 Obey prints sold on ebay in one month... lol
Autodactyl
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Autodactyl »

spagucci1 wrote:I'm kind of getting worried because I have not recieved my delivery confirmation yet and people whose confirmation number was higher than mine have recieved theirs. :cry:
Yeah, I would email them and make sure they didn't skip you or something.
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

Autodactyl wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:I'm kind of getting worried because I have not recieved my delivery confirmation yet and people whose confirmation number was higher than mine have recieved theirs. :cry:
Yeah, I would email them and make sure they didn't skip you or something.
Thanks for the advice! I just emailed them. I totally forgot that I had bought stickers with this order. I hope I get my delivery confirmation from obey or at least hear from them soon!
tlh1005
Propaganda Engineer

Post by tlh1005 »

Are these shipped signature required?
http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=7136" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
influence
Giant

Post by influence »

no.
sabeth
Giant

Post by sabeth »

From today's NY Times:

Hot Demand for Political Gear in a Hot Race

[...]In some cases, the demand has also led to an increase in prices.

For example, a limited edition print with Mr. Obama’s face and the word “hope,” produced by Shepard Fairey, a graffiti artist, originally sold for $25. With all 600 sold out, the pieces are now going for as much as $1,500 on eBay, Mr. Fairey said.[...]

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/04/us/po ... 4gear.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: @carnagenyc
Carnage NYC
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

The author of the NYTimes Story wrote:Kofi Prempeh started making campaign shirts in his basement during the 2004 presidential election and now owns a small print shop in Cleveland. Mr. Prempeh said he had earned $7,000 in the last four months off Obama T-shirts, which go for $20 apiece. None of the proceeds go to the Obama campaign.

“I wish I could” give money to them, he said, “but we’re the working poor. I need every penny I can get.”
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
fishmansvacuum
Posse

Re:

Post by fishmansvacuum »

admonkey wrote:
The author of the NYTimes Story wrote:Kofi Prempeh started making campaign shirts in his basement during the 2004 presidential election and now owns a small print shop in Cleveland. Mr. Prempeh said he had earned $7,000 in the last four months off Obama T-shirts, which go for $20 apiece. None of the proceeds go to the Obama campaign.

“I wish I could” give money to them, he said, “but we’re the working poor. I need every penny I can get.”
Believe that. In August, Cleveland was given the honor of being named the poorest city in the US....we also currently hold the titles as most depressed and have the highest unemployment rate percentage....

times is tough up here on the lake...
My Daily Music Review Blog: http://thedailyguru.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beans! : http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=5166" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Intellectual pursuits for a lot of people are a luxury they can't afford, hence the popularity of mediocre everything." -Henry Rollins
tlh1005
Propaganda Engineer

Post by tlh1005 »

Received my print today, numbered below 180! I love the print. This is my first print direct from Obey so I am wondering about the shipping process. The tube I received was fairly large, much larger than any tubes my other prints were shipped in from sellers or artists at concerts. The tube wasn't "squishy" as I had seen it described in another thread here. There were two sheets of craft paper and it was rolled tight enough to give enough room so that if the tube had gotten damaged, the print would have most likely survived. So has Obey changed their shipping or am I just naive and lucky?

PS, there was no monkey pod in the tube.
http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=7136" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

Woo-hoo!!!! Just got off the phone with Jeremy from Obey, and he said mine should ship today! It was the stickers that was holding up the shipment. I am so pumped!!! I can't wait to get it in it's frame and up on my wall! :D
Blake
Punk

Post by Blake »

Just received my print <140! Super excited and I am going to the frame shop riiiiiiight

now!
I am The Stig
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Re:

Post by MrMurk »

tlh1005 wrote:Received my print today, numbered below 180! I love the print. This is my first print direct from Obey so I am wondering about the shipping process. The tube I received was fairly large, much larger than any tubes my other prints were shipped in from sellers or artists at concerts. The tube wasn't "squishy" as I had seen it described in another thread here. There were two sheets of craft paper and it was rolled tight enough to give enough room so that if the tube had gotten damaged, the print would have most likely survived. So has Obey changed their shipping or am I just naive and lucky?

PS, there was no monkey pod in the tube.
Thats how they ship, sometimes stuff gets busted up in transit but they try to get it out well.
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" Albert Einstein

Black Book Gallery | Instagram
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Re:

Post by Patillac13 »

dirtyd0369 wrote:Just got my shipping confirmation... My number was in the high 500's...
ptd.gwb wrote:finally got my shipping confirmation and tracking today. my number was in the 580's. super excited.
How do you know what number you'll get by the shipping confirmation? You can find out the edition number, or are you both talking about something else? Just wondering.
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
spagucci1
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by spagucci1 »

Patillac13 wrote:
dirtyd0369 wrote:Just got my shipping confirmation... My number was in the high 500's...
ptd.gwb wrote:finally got my shipping confirmation and tracking today. my number was in the 580's. super excited.
How do you know what number you'll get by the shipping confirmation? You can find out the edition number, or are you both talking about something else? Just wondering.
You cant. They are talking about order confirmation numbers not print numbers..........
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Re: Re:

Post by Patillac13 »

spagucci1 wrote:You cant. They are talking about order confirmation numbers not print numbers..........
When I first saw the posts talking about what number they got, I tried to find my last edition number somewhere in my last shipping confirmation... didn't find it :lol:

I always like seeing what number I get, but if I could check before I got it, I probably would.
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
sti2relaxxin
Posse

Post by sti2relaxxin »

Glad to hear everything worked out spagucci1!!
I love my STi.
jiko858
Swindler

Post by jiko858 »

could someone on here that knows photoshop post a "Mccain Print" I just want to see how ridiculous it would look
PiratedTVPro
Punk

Post by PiratedTVPro »

Yesterday I received a shipping confirmation. Then today...

• At the request of OBEY GIANT ART, INC., this notice alerts you the following shipment has been cancelled.

Probing into the UPS logs gave me...
  • US 03/04/2008 7:38 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION VOIDED
  • US 03/03/2008 5:08 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
GULP. My order number was in the 12650's, and I'm really worried that for whatever reason I'm not going to get one of these beautiful prints. Paypal/OBEY has already taken the money out of my account, so I'm hoping the "If you paid for it you'll get it," will stick.
stinkypete
Giant

Post by stinkypete »

PiratedTVPro wrote:Yesterday I received a shipping confirmation. Then today...

• At the request of OBEY GIANT ART, INC., this notice alerts you the following shipment has been cancelled.

Probing into the UPS logs gave me...
  • US 03/04/2008 7:38 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION VOIDED
  • US 03/03/2008 5:08 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
GULP. My order number was in the 12650's, and I'm really worried that for whatever reason I'm not going to get one of these beautiful prints. Paypal/OBEY has already taken the money out of my account, so I'm hoping the "If you paid for it you'll get it," will stick.
unless you've been ( mistakenly ) barred by OG
"Have you anything to say. No? Then shut up. Lest you are a woman in
which case carry on - It's delightful."
Simon Munnery
propogandadan1
Posse

Post by propogandadan1 »

Looks like Ohio is going to the she-devil, while Texas is neck and neck... :?
Crashing Bore
Swindler

Re:

Post by Crashing Bore »

propogandadan1 wrote:Looks like Ohio is going to the she-devil, while Texas is neck and neck... :?
We'll go Obama. :wink:
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Post by MrMurk »

TEXAS
CLINTON 1,021,047 50%
OBAMA 970,418 48%

12:00 am EST
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" Albert Einstein

Black Book Gallery | Instagram
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

frankfurter! Clinton is declared winner in TX primary. Caucus results being tallied now.
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

Woot, Got me Click n ship at last. The ball is rolling.