art contest #10 discussion thread

Artist-members sharing their work.
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Re: art contest #10 discussion thread

Post by Patillac13 »

extremeimages77 wrote:I PRAY THE STENCIL DONT BLEED THROUGH FOR ONCE
Do you mean paint seeps under the stencil and spreads outside the area you want to spray?
Last edited by Patillac13 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

EXACTLY...LITTLE WORRIED ABOUT USING SPRAY ADHESIVE BECAUSE OF COLLAGE
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

extremeimages77 wrote:EXACTLY...LITTLE WORRIED ABOUT USING SPRAY ADHESIVE BECAUSE OF COLLAGE
I don't know how much spray adhesive would help with super rigid illustration board anyways. Maybe try weighing down the outer edges and also spray a couple test pieces before spraying your final collage. If your paint is seeping under the stencil you could try a few lighter passes, let them start to dry a little in between coats. I've found that building up a few thin layers can help the paint from pooling up and seeping under the stencil. Just some thoughts.

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

extremeimages77
Giant

Patillac13 wrote:
extremeimages77 wrote:EXACTLY...LITTLE WORRIED ABOUT USING SPRAY ADHESIVE BECAUSE OF COLLAGE
I don't know how much spray adhesive would help with super rigid illustration board anyways. Maybe try weighing down the outer edges and also spray a couple test pieces before spraying your final collage. If your paint is seeping under the stencil you could try a few lighter passes, let them start to dry a little in between coats. I've found that building up a few thin layers can help the paint from pooling up and seeping under the stencil. Just some thoughts.
thanks for the advice...ive had much luck recently with light coats like you say and i use a hairdryer to speed up the process...that helps keep the stencil flat for next use too
or fourteenth."
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

extremeimages77 wrote:
Patillac13 wrote:
thanks for the advice...ive had much luck recently with light coats like you say and i use a hairdryer to speed up the process...that helps keep the stencil flat for next use too
Nice, thanks for the tip. I'll have to bust out a hair dryer next stencil/spraypaint piece I work on. I'm glad we bounced ideas off each other :D

extremeimages77
Giant

Patillac13 wrote:
extremeimages77 wrote:
Patillac13 wrote:
Nice, thanks for the tip. I'll have to bust out a hair dryer next stencil/spraypaint piece I work on. I'm glad we bounced ideas off each other :D
TRUE DAT!!PEACE
or fourteenth."
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

okay, so i am leaving town early on the 28th, which is when i would normally post up the contest (even though the deadline is midnight, i have received entries on more than a few occasions between then and when i wake up the next morning, so i always wait). and i won't be back until some time on monday. so, i am going to change the deadline to 11:59pm sunday march 29th, and i will post the contest after i get home on monday. hope everyone is working on their entries!
i'm proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.
extremeimages77
Giant

got one done...but i hate it..lol
or fourteenth."
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

since i won't be around this weekend, i have to post the deadline reminder a bit early. sunday, march 29th at 11:59pm EDT!

and, in case you need a refresher... instructions for sending me your art for the contest!!

email address: artcontest@thegiant.org

please include the following info:

1. your forum username
2. title of your piece
3. size of your piece
4. medium used to create your piece
5. optional artist's statement (please keep it to a few sentences)
6. art attached to email

i did get two super early entries, but i had better get a few more while i am away! the contest will be posted on monday morning.
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

I got something going, hopefully be done by deadline.
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
extremeimages77
Giant

mines done but camera is taking garbage-like pics...rrr...
or fourteenth."
ak47
Punk

Post by ak47 »

my entry for this contest will go to the winner. if it is somehow lucky enough to win, it will go to the next highest vote getter. good luck all! :D
extremeimages77
Giant

bumpity bump...1 day to go
or fourteenth."
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

SNAP! Mines at school. Could I turn it in on the 30th? Sorry for the inconvience.
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

sorry, sasha, i can't extend the deadline. poll is up here:

http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=15889" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
extremeimages77
Giant

would still love to see your piece though lil buddy...post some pics
or fourteenth."
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

No problemo. I will post the pics.
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P