Opinion Poll: Operation Oil Freedom Large Format

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.

Who thinks a large format version of this print is a good idea ?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:43 am

Bring it on!
3%
Cut and Run !
91%
Even though I'm a decider, I can't decide...
4%
I generally don't form opinions, I just OBEY
3%

Total votes: 117

rastapunk
Giant

Post by rastapunk »

admonkey wrote: just like a little push-back on "Phish sucks" comments should be expected on other forums.
...though I hope everyone here would agree.
Yantra and mantra create tantra.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Although I didn't like the original screenprint very much, I don't think it's fair to bash the thing before it has been released. If its as detailed as the large format Good and Bad sides, a lot of people may dig it.
funkguru
Posse

Post by funkguru »

How many anti-war prints can one make until they become a war profiteer themself??....Of course, this is if no profits are going to a charity.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

funkguru wrote:How many anti-war prints can one make until they become a war profiteer themself??....Of course, this is if no profits are going to a charity.
I give up, how many? :P
funkguru
Posse

Post by funkguru »

just checkout this years archive buddy!!
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

funkguru wrote:just checkout this years archive buddy!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait, I still don't get it...
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

funkguru wrote:just checkout this years archive buddy!!
Thanks "buddy," I'm well aware of what prints have come out this year. As a matter of fact, with a couple of exceptions, most of the Obey prints I have on my walls are from 2006-2007 and I think they are better for people who aren't really into their home looking like a Soviet recruiting office. :wink:

Your original question was "How many anti-war prints can one make until they become a war profiteer themself??" Jokingly, I asked you to answer your own question.

Do you feel he is a "War Profiteer" already? When I buy Obey art, I certainly do not feel I am contributing to war profiteering. A few thousands in profits a month for OG does not equate to what private contractors are doing in Iraq or other active combat zones.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

robotoil wrote:
Gigantico wrote:... and I think they are better for people who aren't really into their home looking like a Soviet recruiting office. :wink:
:lol: Whatchu tawking 'bout Willis?
:lol:
funkguru
Posse

Post by funkguru »

I am merely asking this because many street artist have jumped on the bandwagon of creating ani-war piece after piece. In addition, I never dare said that Fairey was doing so. It was simply a question addressing many of today's street artist and their current work.
funkguru
Posse

Post by funkguru »

ani is the new anti
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

funkguru wrote:ani is the new anti
:lol:
rollcameraandaction
Giant

Post by rollcameraandaction »

since we don't have a say really in what shepard does with his art, the best way to let him know how we feel is by buying them or not.

for now, im gunna slap obey stickers on tanks that get shipped over to iraq. maybe they will start obeying.
"Be disciplined in your life so you can be violent and original in your art."
McKenna
World's Smallest Giant

Post by McKenna »

Is it just me or does the poll only add up to 98%? Bush has skimmed the other 2% off the top of the poll to fund his war for oil :evil:
"Opportunities seem more valuable to us when their availability is limited"
highoctane
Swindler

Post by highoctane »

If the objective of this poll was to gage interest and solicit opinion why are people being bashed for their honesty? Why does the poll even exist?
JPMWLLT
Swindler

Post by JPMWLLT »

highoctane wrote:If the objective of this poll was to gage interest and solicit opinion why are people being bashed for their honesty? Why does the poll even exist?
zzzzzzzzzzzz
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

highoctane wrote:If the objective of this poll was to gage interest and solicit opinion why are people being bashed for their honesty? Why does the poll even exist?
read the whole thread: the bashing is a tiny part of it. keep discussing it and the bashers realize they aren't making a difference, like always.

i wonder what this print is going to be about if HPMs have been sent in to modern multiples? could be wild.
Our influence will be gigantic.
thentherewasone
Giant

Post by thentherewasone »

funkguru wrote:I am merely asking this because many street artist have jumped on the bandwagon of creating ani-war piece after piece. In addition, I never dare said that Fairey was doing so. It was simply a question addressing many of today's street artist and their current work.
Ummm...maybe its because war is a current issue for most of them. Its part of the world that we live in, why shouldn't they comment on it? I'd venture to guess that it is much less of a bandwagon thing than the set of beliefs that people who choose to do certain things hold as a community. What types of topics would you prefer that they address....I'm personally hoping for an anti-candle print since its a topic near and dear to my heart
theory
Swindler

Word

Post by theory »

Molotov Man wrote:
admonkey wrote:
Molotov Man wrote:I'm really not sure why people can't state that they don't like an image.
Can't you? Haven't you? I fail to see how anyone's been stopped from saying they don't like an image. Isn't that what the poll itself does?
I guess you can an i have but, it seems a lot of people are talking about 'hating' and making your own prints and if you don't like it, don't buy it.

there needs to be some sort of disussion about the images..i feel.
if positive or negative.
The passion of the Molotov.

I don't know where this side of you has come from but I would have to say that I back your discourse.
She reads at a senior level...
holycrapstick
Swindler

Post by holycrapstick »

Not really a fan of this one... I agree that Shep could have picked one of many other images that I believe have more to offer than this one does.
highoctane
Swindler

Post by highoctane »

JPMWLLT wrote:
zzzzzzzzzzzz
Excuse me waiter, did someone order a prick?